Bombs in Mail to Democrat Leaders?

Cinga

31 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yeah, Sessions said it's too early to know motive, he's not out there spreading this false flag theory:

"I don't know. Other than what you might normally expect. He may have been -- he appears to be partisan but that will be determined by the facts as the case goes forward."

I see that even here in this thread since news has come out, the crazy conspiracy theory--which was never very likely to begin with and is becoming less and less likely to begin with--is now diverting itself back to a discussion of how we can't blame an entire party for the actions of a single crazy person, which I entirely agree with.

But I'm going to go back to the original point I was chastised for: Trump is the President of the United States of America.   Despite the suddenly shifted narrative as of him being elected, that is a position where his presentation, demeanor and words matter.  

"You can be President one day!!!"

That's the ultimate goal you throw out there as the highest aspiration for any child.  That makes the President a position of power not just in terms of our actions around the world, but as a role model for others.

Plenty of Democrats AND Republicans have put out completely inappropriate and sometimes violent statements and images having to do with the other party in the past, but once those guys have taken office, they've taken on that responsibility of being not just the leaders of our country, but also  as the ultimate role models... AKA: "I, the President of the USA am a representation of how our youth should speak and act."

45 has been a piss poor President in that respect, and it is having a negative impact on our Country now and could very well sew even more division in upcoming generations as they come of age.

You mean like with a needle and thread?

19 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

If you're voting for president based on "Who's the better role model," you have a seriously *****-up view of parenting.  

Know what the single most damaging thing is to our country?  The belief that the president must have a near-popish moral center, making him an appropriate father/therapist/teacher/archetype/paragon of virtue for the entire country.  Except those features are what define royalty - the "divine right of kings."  That's why we have checks and balances, because the people who designed our government were aware that the president would HAVE no divinity embodied within him, and that there thus must be curbs on the authority of invariably flawed people.   

Of course, you'll likely argue that the government hadn't anticipated platforms like Twitter that would amplify the president's flaws.  Which would be an atrocious counter-argument, since it basically comes down to "I don't like Trump's tweets!"  Which would be the stupidest measure of presidential effectiveness ever.

What a sweeping generalization of what I said.

Did I say I base my vote solely on if the President is a good role model or that anyone should?

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Did I say I base my vote solely on if the President is a good role model or that anyone should?

No.  You just based your ENTIRE judgement of him on "But think of the children!"  And you're now trying to backtrack from it.  

You're not even a very good NPC.  You're from EA, aren't you?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Food for thought - plus the indictment is linked in the first post of the thread when you click: 

This will be as forgotten an episode as the Las Vegas shooter investigation. And with that one there were lots of deaths. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, snafu said:

This will be as forgotten an episode as the Las Vegas shooter investigation. And with that one there were lots of deaths. 

Being out of the news cycle was exactly what some hoped to avoid. How hard they came down today on the guy in their public statements is going to kill the story's legs... giving them a full week now to retake control of the news cycle before the vote. Trump said today at the rally that they have something special next week to roll out... sounded like it was related to the border/caravan stuff but who knows. Could be a DECLASS. (just riffing)

:beer: 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Being out of the news cycle was exactly what some hoped to avoid. How hard they came down today on the guy in their public statements is going to kill the story's legs... giving them a full week now to retake control of the news cycle before the vote. Trump said today at the rally that they have something special next week to roll out... sounded like it was related to the border/caravan stuff but who knows. Could be a DECLASS. (just riffing)

:beer: 

To a great extent, this story should have no legs beyond a bust being made -- mainly as a message to any other would be domestic terrorist(s).

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

To a great extent, this story should have no legs beyond a bust being made -- mainly as a message to any other would be domestic terrorist(s).

And what message would that be?  "Wear gloves when you handle envelopes?"  "Don't cover your van in stickers that scream 'Mad Serial Bomber?'"  "Make sure your ***** actually works?"  "If you're a congenital *****-up with a 20 year history of getting caught for every crime you try to commit, maybe you should take up knitting instead of domestic terrorism?"

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I thought you were going away?

Too genteel for this forum, with a full balanced life, and with no need for the rough house bickering found here?

Edited by OJ Tom

26 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And what message would that be?  "Wear gloves when you handle envelopes?"  "Don't cover your van in stickers that scream 'Mad Serial Bomber?'"  "Make sure your ***** actually works?"  "If you're a congenital *****-up with a 20 year history of getting caught for every crime you try to commit, maybe you should take up knitting instead of domestic terrorism?"

You should be a comedian. Who would have known the best part of a Bills forum would be a sub forum about politics.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Stop being orange to me!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

No.  You just based your ENTIRE judgement of him on "But think of the children!"  And you're now trying to backtrack from it.  

You're not even a very good NPC.  You're from EA, aren't you?

He's not Bioware material.

56 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Did you get a good view of those stickers? They didn't look like the typical half-ass sticker job. Looked too neat and all too new. Sort of like the "impromptu protest" signs that were prepared in advance.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Russia needs to employ fewer retards.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Niagara said:

Who would have known the best part of a Bills forum would be a sub forum about politics.

You'd think that would be obvious, given that you won't find a new Mahomes post EVERY ***** DAY down here.

1 hour ago, OJ Tom said:

Too genteel for this forum, with a full balanced life, and with no need for the rough house bickering found here?

Such an aristocrat, he probably drinks his Genny Cream Ale with his pinky extended...

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I appreciate all the work DR does and it’s informed me quite a bit, but I’m a grain of salt kind of guy. Maybe this dude truly is the most epic f’n idiot to ever walk the planet and maybe I’m giving human intelligence a crazy level of benefit of doubt. But...if you’re going to send high level officials, celebs and businessman bombs (fake even..wtf is in it for you)...maybe parading around in the asstard van knowing that you’ve already submitted DNA as a requirement of your parole isn’t the best way to lay low. 

We’re all constantly amazed at the achievements of human stupidity(hence the Darwin awards) but holy $&@!. Not ready to don a tinfoil hat, but is there a golf visor version available in the pro shop?

4 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

Bickering...

Conspiracy theories...

call it whatever you want.

The moment it happened, the false flag theory blew up; in public via social media and almost immediately on this message board.

And much of that was coming even here via Twitter. 

Twitter is great for information. It's also great for misinformation.

Here's an excerpt from the AP that seems to fit what I've seen here in this thread:

Sayoc’s social media profiles portray a deeply disaffected conservative who trafficked in online conspiracy theories, parody accounts and name-calling. He called a Florida school shooting survivor a “fake phony,” peddled theories about George Soros, the billionaire political donor targeted this week by a package bomb 

No one here is sending bombs (I assume), but it seems clear that the "value" of this message board might be in much of the really interesting "inside info," but the problem is it's counterbalanced by those who post the nutty conspiracy theories... like the false flag thing with this incident, which it seems clear people were pushing in here ("those stickers are way too new! Must have been planted!!") even after most of the facts came out.

Sure, there's value here for those who have the time, not just to post but to cross reference and verify ideas and info as it's posted, but considering some of the utter crap that's out there in Social Media, that's a lot of time. I just have higher priorities. Forgive me.

• Like (+1) 1