Here we go again - The Start Peterman faction is emboldened

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Please no.......  He should have been on the practice squad at best this year.  The Bills drafted their QB of the future, no ifs, and or buts.  There is no room & never was for Peterman.  The fact McDermott kept him, named him the starter and did not bring in a viable veteran presence along with an OC who has shown success was imperative.

Thankfully next Monday night I have plenty else that will keep me busy. 

So wait a minute; you live on a Bills message board but you won't be watching one of their 16 games this season?

I can't fathom that, but to each his own.

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

Peterman has earned his spot. It's hard to argue that he didn't earn the starting spot coming out of training camp and pre-season.  He was the best of the 3 QB's.  He also earned his spot on the bench during the opener and the team signed a veteran player to replace him as the backup.  Seems to me like the coach has him right where he deserves to be and if Allen were healthy and Anderson was playing well enough to hold down the backup role, Nate would probably be cut or at least inactive. 

He hasn’t earned a roster spot. You earn that in games. Your performance in practice, preseason and meeting rooms is irrelevant if it doesn’t translate to actual games. 10 INTs in 82 pass attempts doesn’t scream, “we need to see more.” That’s the worst start a QB has ever had. He hasn’t earned a spot on an NFL roster. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

It'd be easier to address those positions if there was an open roster spot! :P

When the organization makes a decision to rebuild you are going to be subjected to plenty of tribulations. This regime decided on a strategy to mostly clear the roster and change the cap structure and replace them with their own players and contracts. I understand why many  people can disagree with that approach. But that won't alter the fact that the turbulence was not only foreseen but was an unavoidable part of the process. The backup qb who isn't playing is one of the least important issues that needs addressing. My modest recommendation is not to be be sidetracked on diversionary issues that have little to do with resolutions. :)

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He hasn’t earned a roster spot. You earn that in games. Your performance in practice, preseason and meeting rooms is irrelevant if it doesn’t translate to actual games. 10 INTs in 82 pass attempts doesn’t scream, “we need to see more.” That’s the worst start a QB has ever had. He hasn’t earned a spot on an NFL roster. 

So you have said time and again.  And yet another week has passed and he's still on the team. 

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

When the organization makes a decision to rebuild you are going to be subjected to plenty of tribulations. This regime decided on a strategy to mostly clear the roster and change the cap structure and replace them with their own players and contracts. I understand why many  people can disagree with that approach. But that won't alter the fact that the turbulence was not only foreseen but was an unavoidable part of the process. The backup qb who isn't playing is one of the least important issues that needs addressing. My modest recommendation is not to be be sidetracked on diversionary issues that have little to do with resolutions. :)

Bingo.   

Ergo the Poll.  Straightforward and precise.   What choice do we have?   Little to none. 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

So you have said time and again.  And yet another week has passed and he's still on the team. 

Bingo.   

Ergo the Poll.  Straightforward and precise.   What choice do we have?   Little to none. 

And I am more and more right with each snap that he takes. I bought the “Peterman sucks” stock low and now it is sky high. He is the Titanic and McDermott is the band. Just keep playing as that ship sinks...

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

And I am more and more right with each snap that he takes. I bought the “Peterman sucks” stock low and now it is sky high. He is the Titanic and McDermott is the band. Just keep playing as that ship sinks...

Kirby, A substitute player who doesn't play has little to do with the sinking Titanic. It's an inconsequential issue for a team with a surplus of inconsequential issues to deal with. It's like a ship is sinking and your worried about the dance band that is playing out of tune. You need to focus your attention on the major wound and not worry about the insect sting. 

33 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I think you're downplaying his role. Because of Peterman's incompetence, along with our staff's incompetence for keeping him on the roster instead of finding a replacement, we were forced to start a QB that had been on the roster for 10 days and hadn't played meaningful football in years. That absolutely has something to do with the current state of the team.

10 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I think you're downplaying his role. Because of Peterman's incompetence, along with our staff's incompetence for keeping him on the roster instead of finding a replacement, we were forced to start a QB that had been on the roster for 10 days and hadn't played meaningful football in years. That absolutely has something to do with the current state of the team.

The mistake that McBeane made was that they brought in McCarron instead of maybe inducing Derek or another qb as a more suitable mentor to Allen. You may think that the qb situation is disastrous but there is a blessing in disguise because Allen got some playing time earlier than expected. Although he is being battered and befuddled on the field, hopefully, it will accelerate his development for next year. 

Trust me, I'm not downplaying or overstating Peterson's role because I consider it to be inconsequential in the grand scheme of things that is facing this troubled franchise. For me hyperbolic responses to a player who isn't even playing for a team facing a number of major deficits makes little sense to me. I rather deal with important issues than deal with what should be a minuscule distraction. 

I understand that Peterman is prone to throw interceptions. I can admit that he can be a liability but his detractors can't admit he looked good in preseason and leading a touchdown drive when Allen got hurt.

I respect you don't like Peterman but don't expect me to take anybody serious if they think Anderson is anything better. The guy crapped all over himself at the end of the game. At least Peterman has a TD drive. Don't tell me Anderson is anything better that's a joke, he is as just as much a liability to the team. His interceptions look a lot different? Don't tell me Peterman never had drives. 

The same guys so adamant that Peterman is hot garbage also thought that the Browns would be tearing it up with Tyrod because he will have all these weapons and now he's riding the bench. 

Most likely Anderson will start and crap the bed and some of us fans have more belief in Peterman than Anderson and I guess that's to bad for the people that don't like him. 

I like McDermott but I lost a little respect for him when instead of supporting Peterman he pulled out to early and at the end of the day no choice has been made to address the situation. 

How about they actually install a QB that doesn't actually make us consider Peterman again? Anderson isn't that guy....

At the end of the day we blame the QB but the running game isn't going to carry the team while a QB finds his rythm and that is a serious problem. The fact I dont sweat a Mcoy injury because the run game is weak anyway. This offense sucks and your scared Peterman will make it look bad. It's to late for that. 

Doesn't matter who plays QB for the Bill because they will be handicapped by the team around them. Keep yucking it up about Peterman sucking while your man of the street gets bent over and face planted by the Patriots. 

Edited by Lfod

2 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I understand that Peterman is prone to throw interceptions. I can admit that he can be a liability but his detractors can't admit he looked good in preseason and leading a touchdown drive when Allen got hurt.

I said before the starter was announced that Peterman's preseason performance was nothing more than fool's gold because none of it would translate to meaningful games. You can love his preseason stats, but preseason (and practice) are situations where his skillset excels. Reads and scenarios are already set up and determined, defenses aren't planning for how to shut the QB and offense down, the pass rush is minimal and generally vanilla, and teams are not disguising their coverages.

5 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I respect you don't like Peterman but don't expect me to take anybody serious if they think Anderson is anything better. The guy crapped all over himself at the end of the game. At least Peterman has a TD drive. Don't tell me Anderson is anything better that's a joke, he is as just as much a liability to the team. His interceptions look a lot different? Don't tell me Peterman never had drives. 

Peterman's overall body of NFL work is bad. You want to pull out a drive here or there, that's fine. He's had 82 pass attempts in meaningful football games and he's completed less than 45% of them, while also managing to complete over 12% of them to the opposing team. He has 3 TD passes for the Bills and 2 TD passes for Bills opponents.

17 minutes ago, Lfod said:

The same guys so adamant that Peterman is hot garbage also thought that the Browns would be tearing it up with Tyrod because he will have all these weapons and now he's riding the bench. 

I said that I expected the Browns to have a better record than the Bills this year based on the talent on the roster. I still expect that to be true, despite their departures at WR & RB.

18 minutes ago, Lfod said:

Most likely Anderson will start and crap the bed and some of us fans have more belief in Peterman than Anderson and I guess that's to bad for the people that don't like him. 

Why, exactly, is that most likely? Derek Anderson, and my evaluation of him has absolutely nothing to do with Peterman. I have no idea why anyone believes in Peterman based on his body of work, but the fact that people do has no bearing on me personally.

59 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Kirby, A substitute player who doesn't play has little to do with the sinking Titanic. It's an inconsequential issue for a team with a surplus of inconsequential issues to deal with. It's like a ship is sinking and your worried about the dance band that is playing out of tune. You need to focus your attention on the major wound and not worry about the insect sting. 

He was asked to start at QB day 1!! They expected him to play well. They are idiots to think that was a possibility. Nate isn’t consequential but it is hypocritical of this regime to give him the opportunities that he has been given. If accountability is our thing then I want accountability. He shouldn’t have been on the plane to Houston, forget about the plane home. They are in danger of losing this locker room with their rhetoric. 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I said before the starter was announced that Peterman's preseason performance was nothing more than fool's gold because none of it would translate to meaningful games. You can love his preseason stats, but preseason (and practice) are situations where his skillset excels. Reads and scenarios are already set up and determined, defenses aren't planning for how to shut the QB and offense down, the pass rush is minimal and generally vanilla, and teams are not disguising their coverages.

Peterman's overall body of NFL work is bad. You want to pull out a drive here or there, that's fine. He's had 82 pass attempts in meaningful football games and he's completed less than 45% of them, while also managing to complete over 12% of them to the opposing team. He has 3 TD passes for the Bills and 2 TD passes for Bills opponents.

I said that I expected the Browns to have a better record than the Bills this year based on the talent on the roster. I still expect that to be true, despite their departures at WR & RB.

Why, exactly, is that most likely? Derek Anderson, and my evaluation of him has absolutely nothing to do with Peterman. I have no idea why anyone believes in Peterman based on his body of work, but the fact that people do has no bearing on me personally.

What you say is fair and I don't disagree. This discussion about Peterman or Anderson will dissapear when Allen is back. 

I think the reason Peterman is even in the discussion is because Anderson didn't get the job done. I honestly don't believe in either of them and I'm not sure Tom Brady can make this offense run. I'd have to see it to believe it. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It doesn’t matter how right or wrong you are.  

The coaches and possibly the owner make the calls.  

Let Peterman play and McDermott will be gone sooner than later and the building continues. 

Play Anderson and lose same thing 

the only buffer he gets is Josh Allen 

2 minutes ago, Lfod said:

What you say is fair and I don't disagree. This discussion about Peterman or Anderson will dissapear when Allen is back. 

I think the reason Peterman is even in the discussion is because Anderson didn't get the job done. I honestly don't believe in either of them and I'm not sure Tom Brady can make this offense run. I'd have to see it to believe it. 

Our offensive personnel is bad, without question. Anderson was with the team for ~10 days and had 3 practices with the starters and he looked like it. If he came in during Spring instead of McCarron I think it would've been different, but there's no way to know for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

CASE CLOSED

I didn't ever think Peterman gets another shot. I understand the motivation to stay with Anderson. I don't fully agree but the show must go on. Get well soon Josh.