Gender reveal party goes awry in Y-town

YoloinOhio

Just now, Your Brown Eye said:

It's just a front for low self esteem people to feel better about themselves because people showed up to their house for a two second event

I seriously don’t get it. Nothing can be private anymore, i guess. I was invited to one and politely declined. Sent a gift but really thought the idea was strange. 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I seriously don’t get it. Nothing can be private anymore, i guess. I was invited to one and politely declined. Sent a gift but really thought the idea was strange. 

You have to show 100 percent interest in anyone potentially in your social circle and act like they are Einstein or Picasso or Jimmy Page for everything they do

its worse than having to buy 60 expensive gifts for Xmas for your wife’s 12 siblings and cousins and their kids

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

It's just a front for low self esteem people to feel better about themselves because people showed up to their house for a two second event

Gender reveal parties are a personal Heisman trophy ceremony.

An hour of "Look at Me!" for brief announcement that could have been achieved with a group text

6 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Gender reveal parties are a personal Heisman trophy ceremony.

An hour of "Look at Me!" for brief announcement that could have been achieved with a group text

It’s amazing how much some people think other people really care. I could see immediate family and very close friends being excited to find out but otherwise...

I went to one and didn't have a bad time at all.  I think it's kind of pointless but as get togethers go, why do people get together at all?    To socialize and hang out.    This is just another excuse to do that.   

My son's gender reveal was in the drs office on the ultrasound, and the party was in my head when she went "it's a boy, see".   

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I went to one and didn't have a bad time at all.  I think it's kind of pointless but as get togethers go, why do people get together at all?    To socialize and hang out.    This is just another excuse to do that.   

My son's gender reveal was in the drs office on the ultrasound, and the party was in my head when she went "it's a boy, see".   

I didn’t think it would be a bad time, but there was also a couples shower a few months where you obviously bring a gift, plus a “sip and see” after the baby is born (what the heck) where you go to see the baby and bring another gift. Maybe I’m old but that’s a lot.

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t think it would be a bad time, but there was also a couples shower a few months where you obviously bring a gift, plus a “sip and see” after the baby is born (what the heck) where you go to see the baby and bring another gift. Maybe I’m old but that’s a lot.

Oh i'm not going to all the after parties.   We saw they were having a girl, brought a bag of diapers and that's that.    I don't want to see the little goblin after the fact, i don't even really like kids.    That's why I stopped at 2

• Haha (+1) 1

those pictures the news report showed cracked me up.....the menu's on the floor looked pretty orderly and would have taken 2 seconds to pick up...the confetti in the parking lot was hardly worth raising an eyebrow over.....whatever...gender reveal parties, public prom invites, youtube engagements, all a bunch of insecure people wanting their 15 minutes

tw15ycc2w5gz.jpg

2 hours ago, The Poojer said:

those pictures the news report showed cracked me up.....the menu's on the floor looked pretty orderly and would have taken 2 seconds to pick up...the confetti in the parking lot was hardly worth raising an eyebrow over.....whatever...gender reveal parties, public prom invites, youtube engagements, all a bunch of insecure people wanting their 15 minutes

tw15ycc2w5gz.jpg

Why wouldn't they clean the confetti up.  Making the place look like a ghetto.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

I only saw a few in my life..my bride is a hairstylist so she can spot them right away.Applebee's seems like a odd choice to have a party like that...

Yeah... So somebody else can sweep up the confetti.  Not odd @ all.  What did they think, it was Ground Round w/the peanut shells.