Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...squirrels DO attract nuts........thanks again to MA for yet another political gem......put her out to sea in Kerry's swift boat...SMH.....

Warren says health insurance workers laid off under 'Medicare-for-all' can work in auto, life insurance

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., said Friday in Iowa that private health insurance workers who lose their jobs under her government-run health care plan could work for life or auto insurance firms instead.

The 2020 presidential hopeful was asked where those who work in health insurance would go when private insurance is eliminated under her expansive “Medicare-for-all” plan, released earlier Friday.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/warren-says-some-laid-off-health-insurance-workers-can-work-in-auto-life-insurance-instead

32 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...squirrels DO attract nuts........thanks again to MA for yet another political gem......put her out to sea in Kerry's swift boat...SMH.....

Warren says health insurance workers laid off under 'Medicare-for-all' can work in auto, life insurance

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., said Friday in Iowa that private health insurance workers who lose their jobs under her government-run health care plan could work for life or auto insurance firms instead.

The 2020 presidential hopeful was asked where those who work in health insurance would go when private insurance is eliminated under her expansive “Medicare-for-all” plan, released earlier Friday.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/warren-says-some-laid-off-health-insurance-workers-can-work-in-auto-life-insurance-instead

...and there it is. She's been flirting with it for months, but she finally crossed over.

78be43e46c56f1a0893394c8fb1cff83.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Welp, since I probably added half of those particular links we are discussing to that thread, I have read the source material.  I have also, at one time or another, read all 74 pages of that thread.  You should read it too as you seem to be having difficulty finding the correct information, and links to that correct information is indeed found in that thread. 

P. S. read the damn thread. It will be enlightening.

Good grief.

It sure was enlightening. It's enlightening the "sources" being used in that thread for actual facts and data.

Talking heads posted on Twitter are not sources people!!!

@Deranged Rhino had one post in there of a clip of a guy on Fox News and some dude posting the numbers distinguishing wage growth under Bush vs. Obama vs Trump. Almost every reply to that Twitter post is asking for the source of the information. :doh:

But I went through the last 10 pages of that thread and found one or two relevant posts from credible sources regarding 3rd Quarter Fundraising stating that the RNC and Trump raised $125 million in the 3rd quarter and that between the Trump campaign, RNC and the Make America Great foundation there was $45 million in small donors. 

It isn't made clear that the Make America Great foundation fundraising is taken into account in the $125 million, but supposing it is, that means 36% of Trump's 3rd quarter fundraising was from small donors. That % is smaller if the MAGA fundraising isn't part of the initial number.

So Trump certainly didn't get most of his money from small donors 3rd quarter. Did 1st and 2nd quarter small dollar donors blow the 3rd quarter away?

That source also states that Democratic fundraising in total exceeds Trump.

7 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

...and there it is. She's been flirting with it for months, but she finally crossed over.

78be43e46c56f1a0893394c8fb1cff83.jpg

...LMAO.....and the rest of the Massachusetts political gems like Markey, Kerry, Dukasis et al approve of this message....Kennedy clan so noted.....

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Good grief.

It sure was enlightening. It's enlightening the "sources" being used in that thread for actual facts and data.

Talking heads posted on Twitter are not sources people!!!

@Deranged Rhino had one post in there of a clip of a guy on Fox News and some dude posting the numbers distinguishing wage growth under Bush vs. Obama vs Trump. Almost every reply to that Twitter post is asking for the source of the information. :doh:

But I went through the last 10 pages of that thread and found one or two relevant posts from credible sources regarding 3rd Quarter Fundraising stating that the RNC and Trump raised $125 million in the 3rd quarter and that between the Trump campaign, RNC and the Make America Great foundation there was $45 million in small donors. 

It isn't made clear that the Make America Great foundation fundraising is taken into account in the $125 million, but supposing it is, that means 36% of Trump's 3rd quarter fundraising was from small donors. That % is smaller if the MAGA fundraising isn't part of the initial number.

So Trump certainly didn't get most of his money from small donors 3rd quarter. Did 1st and 2nd quarter small dollar donors blow the 3rd quarter away?

That source also states that Democratic fundraising in total exceeds Trump.

....yet another gem of a contribution.......same gems on the football side.....SMH........0+0=nothin'........

15 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm sorry, are you talking to yourself again?

I hear that happens in old age.

...what then would be your lack of viable contributory excuse?......wisDUMB I suppose??..just askin'..............I'll hang up now.....

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

"Some of the people currently working in health insurance will work in other parts of insurance -- in life insurance, in auto insurance, in car insurance, some will work for Medicaid,"

Wait...I need car insurance AND auto insurance?? No one told me this.  

Just now, Chef Jim said:

"Some of the people currently working in health insurance will work in other parts of insurance -- in life insurance, in auto insurance, in car insurance, some will work for Medicaid,"

Wait...I need car insurance AND auto insurance?? No one told me this.  

Auto insurance isn’t mandatory and a right, if you drive?

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Wait...car insurance?  She expects car ownership to increase?  What's her environmental policy again?

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Wait...car insurance?  She expects car ownership to increase?  What's her environmental policy again?

And the need for all these displaced people will just magically appear in other insurance industries?  WTF is wrong with these people?