Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

In addition to the fakeness, I wonder if there’s some bias against her among dem primary voters, conscious or otherwise, because of her voice and her slim build. I know this stuff shouldn’t matter in a perfect world, but when I see her and hear her talk I think of a frail old lady. It’s not like it is with Biden’s constant mental errors where I would have concerns about her capability to do the job because of it, but it isn’t the image you want the leader of the most powerful nation on Earth to project either. It’s not just a man vs woman thing because I don’t get the same vibe from Klobuchar. 

Nope. It's because she is lame.

8 hours ago, GG said:

I guess you couldn't find a t-shirt that fit over that head?

BTW - good bye Mayor Pete

Whoa. Not what I expected. I thought if a third candidate was still standing after Tuesday, it would  be him.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

3 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

Nope. It's because she is lame.

That’s exactly what I’m getting at though, is to what extent do factors other than her phoniness and bad ideas contribute to her overall lame image? I’d say it’s at least more than zero, since even people who agree with her policy stances still think she’s lame. 

Bernie is way too radical to beat Trump. I'm starting to think Biden could be a figurehead  with a viable VP and promise to listen to expert advisers and read from a script ,no off the cuff. I still think Trump will win but depends on the economy.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

If you ever saw the Candidate, that would give you a hint. 

Perez basically told him that if he stayed in, his future in the next Dem campaigns would be toast.  

• Like (+1) 1

Sen. Amy Klobuchar canceled a rally in her home state Sunday night as several dozen protesters chanted “Black Lives Matter,” “Klobuchar has got to go” and “Free Myon” — referencing the case of a black teenager convicted of murder after a flawed police investigation.

According to videos that emerged on social media, the senator’s rally was set in St. Louis Park, Minn., at a local high school. WCCO-CBS Minnesota reported that the protesters made their way into the rally and on stage, where they continued chanting. After a 40-minute delay, the rally was canceled.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/01/amy-klobuchar-rally-canceled-protests-118571

10 minutes ago, ALF said:

To me it looks like a 3 person race ,  Sanders,  Biden  and  Bloomberg .  I would guess a brokered convention

i think it most likely Warren drops after Super Tuesday. however, with that being said... i think it could hinge on what exactly happens Tuesday. if Warren is so low in the outcome that her continued presence won't matter in terms of the amount of support Bernie garners, i think it is all but a given. if she manages to put even a noticeable dent in Sanders delegate count, then she will be supported to continue as the DNC/establishment wants nothing more than a contested convention to deny Bernie. the only way they can achieve that objective, rationally, is for him not to have enough delegates on the first count so that the Super Delegates in the second count get to deny it for him. remember, she just got $14mm in unaccounted for support after NH it will continue if it is a viable road.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ALF said:

To me it looks like a 3 person race ,  Sanders,  Biden  and  Bloomberg .  I would guess a brokered convention

A communist, a republican, and a senile sacred cow from the corrupt dem establishment. 

Tell me again the party isn't in flames. 

None can win.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

A communist, a republican, and a senile sacred cow from the corrupt dem establishment. 

Tell me again the party isn't in flames. 

None can win.

All depends on the economy in Nov

• Like (+1) 1