Lynyrd Skynyrd

TSNBDSC

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Yeah, but that's a world not worth ruling.

Not a fan of that "Southern Fried Rock" genre.

Any 38 Special fans here?

:lol:

You left out molly hatchet... Allmans weren't southern fried rock at all. 

The rest were copycats or just using a variation on a theme so to say.

My Dad's all time favorite band.  Can still remember him listening to the first reunion show with Johnny on vocals.  Couldn't afford the pay per view so he just listened while the picture scrambled.  I remember him tearing up during Tuesdays Gone, Simple Man and Free Bird.  

To this day if Tuesdays Gone comes on the radio I feel like the old man is standing right next to me.  I know some people see the band as a bit of a stereotype but they mean a lot to my family.

• Like (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

My Dad's all time favorite band.  Can still remember him listening to the first reunion show with Johnny on vocals.  Couldn't afford the pay per view so he just listened while the picture scrambled.  I remember him tearing up during Tuesdays Gone, Simple Man and Free Bird.  

To this day if Tuesdays Gone comes on the radio I feel like the old man is standing right next to me.  I know some people see the band as a bit of a stereotype but they mean a lot to my family.

#1. This is awesome. 

#2. For my money I'll put those 3 songs up against anything. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

#1. This is awesome. 

#2. For my money I'll put those 3 songs up against anything. 

Thank you my friend.  My Dad was incredibly passionate about music.  I pretty much grew up on weekend road trips to the House of Guitars, and helping him set up equipment early Saturday mornings for his band's shows later that night.  

Tuesday's Gone is my favorite of those three, but have grown real fond of Ballad of Curtis Lowe over time as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Thank you my friend.  My Dad was incredibly passionate about music.  I pretty much grew up on weekend road trips to the House of Guitars, and helping him set up equipment early Saturday mornings for his band's shows later that night.  

Tuesday's Gone is my favorite of those three, but have grown real fond of Ballad of Curtis Lowe over time as well. 

Curtis Lowe is probably one of my all time favorites 

I think I was born with the blues because I was conceived at the Chicago Blues Fest ?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

When I started my first job as a bus boy one of the cooks sang  Curtis Lowe every time I walked into the kitchen......I was 14 at the time and had no idea what the hell he was doing. He finally told me " What the hell man, you're name is Curtis and you never heard The Ballad of Curtis Lowe?" I've grown to appreciate the  song and the band much more as I age.