NYG Release 2015 First Round Pick Ereck Flowers - Signed by Jacksonville

I met our Erik Flowers at training camp YEARS ago. The guy couldn't have been nicer but he came across as incredibly meek. His play mirrored his personality.

That's when I really starting focusing on the psychological makeup of players, ESPECIALLY defensive ends. It takes a certain type to make a living attacking opposing QB's and that Flowers clearly didn't have it.

Giants fans were rejoicing this move so I have zero interest.

On 10/8/2018 at 6:08 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...yet ANOTHER prime example that the draft has never been, is not nor will it EVER be an exact science.....Flowers was 9th overall....our very own Eric (COUGH) was #26......so what exactly do GM's and NFL Personnel Directors have to go on that is rock solid?....SQUAT......once that lad cashes the "big check", no way in hell to know what is in his head 'n heart as far as NFL football......think clubs do NOT have payroll millions tied up in their respective personnel departments?....yet the "fire McBeane" yipsters type away here from under their desks, safe and sound.....

If the draft in an inexact science (which I agree) then you may want to keep all those draft picks you accumulate (referring to Beane) instead of constantly trading up and thus lessening your chances of finding several players that can contribute and improve your roster.

On 10/8/2018 at 7:50 PM, SoTier said:

The Bills "can't afford" to keep their own talented players but they apparently can always find the $$$ and draft picks to trade for some other team's first round bust, so I figure that it's a real possibility that Ereck Flowers winds up on the Bills.  After all, if he was a first round pick, he must have shown "something".

Jerry Hughes says hello.  

15 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's laid down some embarrassingly bad tape as a NYG.  

Hard to argue.  I've seen some first hand, and the guy hasn't shown anything much at all.  Makes you wonder why that is though.  Is it motivational or sheer lack of talent?

11 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

If the draft in an inexact science (which I agree) then you may want to keep all those draft picks you accumulate (referring to Beane) instead of constantly trading up and thus lessening your chances of finding several players that can contribute and improve your roster.

....good assessment....thank you............:thumbsup:

Interestingly, this was the year we took Darby in the 2nd. One pick after him, the Browns took Nate Orchard, who we signed. One pick after Nate? The Dolphins picked new Bill Jordan Philips. 

Since we seem to be accumulating players from this draft I think it's only right we sign Flowers. 

Oh, we also drafted our own crap lineman, Miller, in the third 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to NYG Release 2015 First Round Pick Ereck Flowers - Signed by Jacksonville