Why doesn't Allen run more?

Allen runs a lot as is.. but I agree, he looks like Cam (I pegged him more as a Roethlesberger type), let him loose, he's a lot better scrambling than I ever expected

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

You don't want your QB to take the hits, regardless if he has the size.  That is how injuries, and concussion protocol, happen.

Cam was MVP when he was cut loose. Ya got to let your Quarterback play to his strength, gives him confidence.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

You don't want your QB to take the hits, regardless if he has the size.  That is how injuries, and concussion protocol, happen.

Why is it OK when Cam does it? Or Tyrod?

If we turn Allen loose, our rushing attack would go from cellar to stellar.

It should be encouraged.

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Allen runs a lot as is.. but I agree, he looks like Cam (I pegged him more as a Roethlesberger type), let him loose, he's a lot better scrambling than I ever expected

Cam was MVP when he was cut loose. Ya got to let your Quarterback play to his strength, gives him confidence.

I agree that Allen has the physical ability to run, but why take the chance is my point.  Remember, you have Nate Peterman if Allen is on the injury report.  That right there should be all you need to know.

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I agree that Allen has the physical ability to run, but why take the chance is my point.  Remember, you have Nate Peterman if Allen is on the injury report.  That right there should be all you need to know.

He is not Tom Brady, he is more like Vick, Tyrod, Cam.. it's a tremendous part of his game. Everytime Allen runs something good happens. I hope they design run plays for him specifically. Send everybody deep and Allen gashes them underneath. How do you stop that?

12 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

He is not Tom Brady, he is more like Vick, Tyrod, Cam.. it's a tremendous part of his game. Everytime Allen runs something good happens. I hope they design run plays for him specifically. Send everybody deep and Allen gashes them underneath. How do you stop that?

With a spy, as well as crowding the box, like what GB did.  Other teams will catch on.  They're already leaving the long routes open daring the Bills to throw it deep to beat them.  Specifically planning for Allen runs is a recipe for disaster.

20 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I remember when Bortles did that to us last year. Hard to stop.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Because you win from the pocket.....and our time with Tyrod Taylor has proven that........

CAM NEWTON WON MVP. RUSSELL WILSON. BIG BEN. It's okay to be unconventional. You win with what talebt you're given!

39 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

It's clearly the strongest part of his game right now. He's a young buck, kid is 6'5 240lbs farm boy, he can take a hit. You'd hope year 2 he turns into more of a passer, but until then, turn this kid loose!

That's really not at all the lesson they want to teach Allen.

They know he has the running instinct.  They want to teach him to step up in the pocket and make his reads.

That's what he really needs to learn if he's going to make it in the NFL

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's really not at all the lesson they want to teach Allen.

They know he has the running instinct.  They want to teach him to step up in the pocket and make his reads.

That's what he really needs to learn if he's going to make it in the NFL

Of course, you would hope that happens over time but for now he is a better runner. 6'5 240lbs acrobat, he has as much of a chance to get hurt as a big bodied WR.

Hopefully next year he is more of a surgeon, but at the very least can't we sprinkle it in more? I'm not talking about being like a chicken with his head cut off but encourage it more, good things happen when he runs.