Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I doubt it. Beers aren't  priced student-friendly. Besides don't they sell beer at the Dome too? Frankly I think selling beer is a great move. More revenue for athletics, and local fans are used to having beer available.

It’s definitely not a bad move ...

I think it will be good for them

30 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I doubt it. Beers aren't  priced student-friendly. Besides don't they sell beer at the Dome too? Frankly I think selling beer is a great move. More revenue for athletics, and local fans are used to having beer available.

And yes beer has been sold at the Dome since 1980 I believe 

• Like (+1) 1

Speaking of fans, I think Cuse fans for the most part at the games suck. You see and hear other stadiums, esp in the ACC, and they genuinely make it tough for the other teams there. I never get that feel at the Dome unless its a big game, but even then it sometimes takes something to happen to get the fans into it. I dont get it. You have 20k people there and it seems quiet most of the time

13 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Speaking of fans, I think Cuse fans for the most part at the games suck. You see and hear other stadiums, esp in the ACC, and they genuinely make it tough for the other teams there. I never get that feel at the Dome unless its a big game, but even then it sometimes takes something to happen to get the fans into it. I dont get it. You have 20k people there and it seems quiet most of the time

I heard the UB fans loud and clear the other night!

57 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Can't figure out why this team is as bad as they are. They shoukd be much better with all their starters returning. 

Center play, Frank Howard, and the decline of Marek Dolezaj.  Our centers are horrible offensively, and are foul machines.  Frank is lazy on defense and the boards, and can’t create offense consistently.  Sloppy play overall.  Time to rip off the band-aid and bench him for Carey, IMHO.  I don’t know what to Marek when he went back to Slovakia this summer, but he has returned a different player.  Doesn’t rebound, makes no plays around the rim, and isn’t a shooter.  And JB needs to cut the ***** WRT playing him at center.  It’s ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Big win.  Bonaventure seems to be a down team this year but Syracuse had all cylinders firing at times

The play of Howard and Chukwu is still very concerning to me.  Certainly take the win against Bona, but getting 6 pts, 5 assists, and 6 boards out of your starting PG and C is troublesome.  Chukwu should be a double-double Guy every single game.  Howard does virtually nothing on offense, and is flat out lazy on defense.  Things are going to get really interesting headed into conference play on Saturday.

19 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Big win.  Bonaventure seems to be a down team this year but Syracuse had all cylinders firing at times

Is this remotely an accomplishment for a top 50 team since Bob Lanier played for the Bonnies?

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

hey now. !!!!!!!!

What is your honest expectation for their ACC    results and March Madness seed?

Mostly disappointment, followed by some big Wins which get you believing again... then more disappointment 

squeeking into March Madness , upsetting some teams... more disappointment ?

• Like (+1) 2

I think Boeheim may have been correct when he told reporters this was a team that lost 12 games last year, yes they went to the sweet 16 but expecting a huge leap may have been our problem (the fans). That said I still think they can make the tourney if they can find any sort of offensive rhythm. Oh and Frank Howard needs to be coming off the bench.

Edited by Bray Wyatt
  • Thank you (+1) 1