Taron Johnson playing very good ball.

JerseyBills

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I tore both of mine shovelling snow trying to get house ready for market.  No idea why realtor thought there would be viewers then.\

Surgeries were done at different times when I could not deal with the pain.

Yep. Tore mine wrestling my son.

Two state heavy weight championships under his belt yet the old man still thought he could take him. He went with me to the ortho surgeon and when he told the doctor he was pinning me I interrupted and said, "trying - to pin me". Plenty of rehab, and still hurts some days..

We both knew he schooled me  - sucks getting older.

Edited by WideNine

2 hours ago, WideNine said:

Yep. Tore mine wrestling my son.

To state heavy weight championships under his belt yet the old man still thought he could take him. He went with me to the ortho surgeon and when he told the doctor he was pinning me I interrupted and said, "trying - to pin me". Plenty of rehab, and still hurts some days..

We both knew he schooled me  - sucks getting older.

The whole funny thing about it is when my relatives heard about they stated "Shoveling snow, in Virginia? I would understand if you lived in Buffalo area like rest of us."  Yes we had a snowstorm here worthy of Western New York that year with businesses closed legitimately for a week.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Quite a nice rookie year before injury. Here's to hoping there will be no sophomore slump!

He plays so physical. We really missed him in the run game after he got hurt. That shoulder nagged him all year, it seemed. Hope it’s fixed up. 

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He plays so physical. We really missed him in the run game after he got hurt. That shoulder nagged him all year, it seemed. Hope it’s fixed up. 

He was way beyond my hopes for a 5th round pick. He was very good in coverage, an an absolute beast in the run game. I'm surprised he wasn't drafted as a safety. If McBeane can keep finding those mid round draft gems, our future looks bright, sooner rather than later

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

He was way beyond my hopes for a 5th round pick. He was very good in coverage, an an absolute beast in the run game. I'm surprised he wasn't drafted as a safety. If McBeane can keep finding those mid round draft gems, our future looks bright, sooner rather than later

Seriously... Weber St?Scouts are all over it, love finding small school gems. 

7 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

He was actually in the 4th, but agreed he was an extremely pleasant surprise. Teller came in the 5th, and he was ALSO a pleasant surprise. The details don’t matter, I like what I’m seeing and hope we can draft like that again (and again and...). 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

He was actually in the 4th, but agreed he was an extremely pleasant surprise. Teller came in the 5th, and he was ALSO a pleasant surprise. The details don’t matter, I like what I’m seeing and hope we can draft like that again (and again and...). 

Also got Siran Neal in the 5th... didn’t play much that i recall but I think he did sack Aaron Rodgers 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Also got Siran Neal in the 5th... didn’t play much that i recall but I think he did sack Aaron Rodgers 

That and me getting drunk at Lambeau were the only good things to happen that day.....

But I still call it a win in life, I had a BLAST! 

I would have felt better if @plenzmd1 knew enough to wear pants, but that’s another story. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Oops, you are correct. I misspoke

But regardless, I firmly believe that late round gems make or break your team. Imagine that Taron and Wyatt were better players than 1st and 2nd round guys prior to McD. Wow! What a difference in philosophy! I think we got ourselves an outstanding coaching staff, which in turn will lead to an outstanding team. I'm all in on this staff. They ain't just putting on a Clemson helmet and going media friendly. They do their homework, and draft well. I'm excited. Give it 2 years, and we may be where we all hope to be?

Just now, Augie said:

That and me getting drunk at Lambeau were the only good things to happen that day.....

But I still call it a win in life, I had a BLAST! 

I would have felt better if @plenzmd1 knew enough to wear pants, but that’s another story. 

Please share a story lol

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

Oops, you are correct. I misspoke

But regardless, I firmly believe that late round gems make or break your team. Imagine that Taron and Wyatt were better players than 1st and 2nd round guys prior to McD. Wow! What a difference in philosophy! I think we got ourselves an outstanding coaching staff, which in turn will lead to an outstanding team. I'm all in on this staff. They ain't just putting on a Clemson helmet and going media friendly. They do their homework, and draft well. I'm excited. Give it 2 years, and we may be where we all hope to be?

Drawing a blank, but didn’t we lose someone from the scouting department? Hope that’s a position well filled, because that’s your lifeblood! 

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

Teller was on my radar before the draft as I saw some mocks that had him as a possible third round pick and there was an obvious O line need  with the Bills..

Johnson on the other hand was completely out of the blue... my first though was WTF.? . but he has turned out to be a nice  find... hope he is fully healed up and comes back next season stronger and even better

Edited by Aussie Joe

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Drawing a blank, but didn’t we lose someone from the scouting department? Hope that’s a position well filled, because that’s your lifeblood! 

Yes. He went on to be Houston's assistant GM...I think. I thought it was Joe Shoen, but I was wrong. I looked it up yesterday and he's still here. But you are right, I'm just drawing a blank on his name

Edited by BuffAlone

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Teller was on my radar before the draft as I saw some mocks that had him as a possible third round pick and there was an obvious O line need  with the Bills..

Johnson on the other hand was completely out of the blue... my first though was WTF.? . but he has turned out to be a nice  find... hope he is fully healed up and comes back next season stronger and even better

Well done on Teller!  I freely admit I don’t know who most of these guys are. This is my “learning season”. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Yes. He went on to be Houston's assistant GM...I think. I thought it was Joe Shoen, but I was wrong. I looked it up yesterday and he's still here. But you are right, I'm just drawing a blank on his name

Marvin Allen was a Sr College Scout - went to Miami as Asst GM

Brian Gaine left earlier this year to be Houston GM

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Marvin Allen was a Sr College Scout - went to Miami as Asst GM

Brian Gaine left earlier this year to be Houston GM

Brian Gaine! Thats who I was thinking about. Thanks Yolo

Marvin Allen was another loss

Hopefully Dan Morgan can pull his weight as Director of Player Personel this year. I know he ain't a scout, but he'll have a say. C'mon Free Agency!