Is anyone THAT upset being 0-2?

Steptide

On 9/17/2018 at 8:02 AM, Steptide said:

I found myself not caring at all that we lost yesterday. I was actually more excited to see Josh Allen's potential. 

Listening to the post game and even reading posts here, it seems most fans wernt THAT upset about it. This is a true re building year. We don't have that much talent at key positions. While I still want this team to win and turn it around this season, I'm fully pre pared for a 3 or 4 win season. 

To answer your question, nope. The first loss was deplorable regardless of expectations. Most of us knew what was coming, but no one was prepared for that. The camp of those that understood increased in population on our way into Sunday's game, leaving us more hopeful how Allen would play less so than the team. The rest of the posts this week are from the remaining diehards still clinging to last year's playoff berth as a sign of immediate results to come, regardless of offseason reality and present cap space.

We were always in a rebuild, playoffs or not. But who wouldn't want their rebuild to start with removing an 18 year monkey off the franchise's back? We just don't want to be told to be patient again...that's all this is.

Edited by ctk232

3 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

You're right.  for some reason I thought it was August that he retired.  In fact it was April. No excuses for things. being this bad.

Actually, there's about 53 million excuses. Fortunately, we'll have -90 million excuses next year.

On 9/17/2018 at 11:19 AM, TheElectricCompany said:

Yeah, because the Chargers were on cruise control. 

We need to score a TD before we're down by 20+ 

Hmmm.  So you think the Chargers took it easy on the Bills in the second half?  Do you think Anthony Lynn, whom the Bills failed to hire after Wrecks Ryan was fired decided to let up on the gas pedal while John Harbaugh kept the Pedal to the metal in the first game?  Did he say as much in his post game comments?  I didn't see, so I don't know.  

Maybe I'm a fool for thinking so.  You probably think I am, but I choose to believe the play of the Bills in the second half really did improve, that Phillip Rivers would have been happy to score an additional 20 points, and the Chargers D didn't lay down and play possum so our rookie QB wouldn't look too bad.  I think the Bills have a long way to go, and the season has many struggles yet to come, but I think some of the youngsters (including Josh Allen) are starting to get it and some of the veterans started to show some pride.  

12 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Hmmm.  So you think the Chargers took it easy on the Bills in the second half?  Do you think Anthony Lynn, whom the Bills failed to hire after Wrecks Ryan was fired decided to let up on the gas pedal while John Harbaugh kept the Pedal to the metal in the first game?  Did he say as much in his post game comments?  I didn't see, so I don't know.  

Maybe I'm a fool for thinking so.  You probably think I am, but I choose to believe the play of the Bills in the second half really did improve, that Phillip Rivers would have been happy to score an additional 20 points, and the Chargers D didn't lay down and play possum so our rookie QB wouldn't look too bad.  I think the Bills have a long way to go, and the season has many struggles yet to come, but I think some of the youngsters (including Josh Allen) are starting to get it and some of the veterans started to show some pride.  

of course they took it easy, less of a pass rush, prevent to stop the long pass, ran the ball to grind the clock out 40 seconds at a time, playing the scrubs in the 2nd half

there are varying degrees of pulling back, a basketball team takes off a full-court press that was smothering a cupcake, a hockey team stops heavily forechecking when up 2 goals and traps the rest of the game

that was one of the cushiest road wins the Chargers roster will face in its entire career

Its not fun watching them loose but lets face it, the cap situation needed to be addressed at some point. 

The Bills will more than likely be very bad this season and will get a high draft pick as well as clearing up a lot of dead cap space. 

Next offseason we will see if the new regime is good or not. 

2 hours ago, ctk232 said:

To answer your question, nope. The first loss was deplorable regardless of expectations. Most of us knew what was coming, but no one was prepared for that. The camp of those that understood increased in population on our way into Sunday's game, leaving us more hopeful how Allen would play less so than the team. The rest of the posts this week are from the remaining diehards still clinging to last year's playoff berth as a sign of immediate results to come, regardless of offseason reality and present cap space.

We were always in a rebuild, playoffs or not. But who wouldn't want their rebuild to start with removing an 18 year monkey off the franchise's back? We just don't want to be told to be patient again...that's all this is.

Look at it this way , starting Allen now puts the Bills as much as one year ahead of schedule IMO.

The Buffalo Bills need to approach the rest of the season with patience and I suggest as fans we do the same.

enjoy watching Allen develop, watch the young man get his 1st win, string a couple W's together,

I know I am...

Edited by Figster

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

Look at it this way , starting Allen now puts the Bills as much as one year ahead of schedule IMO.

The Buffalo Bills need to approach the rest of the season with patients and I suggest as fans we do the same.

enjoy watching Allen develop,

I know I am...

For sure, I think we're right on track as far as the rebuild is concerned, to be honest. I do wish Allen had a few more talented weapons to develop around before he became full fledged starter, but I'm hopeful after Sunday. 

I just never understood where the shock was coming from on the board, aside from the point differential in our first game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

For sure, I think we're right on track as far as the rebuild is concerned, to be honest. I do wish Allen had a few more talented weapons to develop around before he became full fledged starter, but I'm hopeful after Sunday. 

I just never understood where the shock was coming from on the board, aside from the point differential in our first game.

Nobody should be shocked at how Peterman played, its not like we didn't see it coming, or losing game 2 with a rookies 1st start.

Many fans predicted a slow start.

Preseason and the 1st regular season game did very little by way of giving Allen reps with the starters IMO.

27 minutes ago, Figster said:

Nobody should be shocked at how Peterman played, its not like we didn't see it coming, or losing game 2 with a rookies 1st start.

Many fans predicted a slow start.

Preseason and the 1st regular season game did very little by way of giving Allen reps with the starters IMO.

Peterman isn't good, we've all learned that. But if Allen goes down for whatever reason, I feel like Peterman is at his best when he gets thrown in there. Maybe he can't handle the pressure leading up to a game who knows. But I'm pretty confident in him as a back up qb

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/18/2018 at 3:10 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Incognito staged his twitter meltdown and retired in early April, weeks before the draft.  There was a draft and also remaining unsigned FA afterwards.

Long term, No.  Ducasse is 30.  Newhouse is 29.  Are they options that make sense for the long term? 

Elsewhere, have the Bills signing decisions all been driven by what makes sense for the long term?  

Davis, 30, in a position where speed matters, serious injury?

Boldin last year at age 36? Kerley this year age 29?  Andre Holmes age 30?  Chris Ivory age 30?

If the story is, the Bills are looking at what makes sense for the long term, where do these guys fit in?

If the story is, the Bills need to fill some seats with vets who can play short term, why can't that apply to OL FA too?

If the plan to ensure that they sat Allen this year was alternatives of Peterman or AJ McCarron, that was a Bad Plan.

Here's the real answer:

"After trading away several bloated contracts and enduring the retirements of players such as Richie Incognito and Eric Wood, general manager Brandon Beane is eating $53.9 million in dead money this year, which is one of the largest single-season figures in league history. The Bills are nearly paying as much in dead money to ghosts as they are to their entire offense ($57.0 million). They'll hit 2019 with $90 million in cap space before letting anyone else leave." - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24730644/ranking-nfl-0-2-teams-eliminated-alive-playoff-race-2018-season

Money does matter, and they have had to pay for dismantling the old contracts. But man, 90 mil in cap space next year....let's see what they do with that mountain of cash. If the team goes 0-16 but Josh Allen improves, then I'm happy. Then trade the #1 overall.