UB-42 Rutgers-13 Bulls 4-0

PromoTheRobot

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

What's the seating capacity at UB? Have they sold out in the past few years? 

41 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

It's way too big (maybe 35k to 40k) and no they come no where near selling out.

All in all, it is a horrible stadium with terrible sight lines due to track.

It was 30K with the old north bleachers included. The last sell out at home was like 2004 vs Syracuse, and it was pretty much all orange fans.

I went to the EMU game and the stadium, at least from the grandstands, is okay. The end zone bleachers? Fuggedaboudit.

This would be a great win, once again against a power conference team (although a weak one).  

The Army game is looking like a tough one.  It would be nice if we have a 4-0 team, national TV and we can get some nice weather and a good showing.  The EMU game was good.  Grandstand was about 90% full (but those unsightly bleachers were about 4%.  I also wonder if they get out against Army 5-0, if they will get top 25 votes.

Then, there are only 2 real tough games remaining: @ Toledo and @ Ohio

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

This would be a great win, once again against a power conference team (although a weak one).  

The Army game is looking like a tough one.  It would be nice if we have a 4-0 team, national TV and we can get some nice weather and a good showing.  The EMU game was good.  Grandstand was about 90% full (but those unsightly bleachers were about 4%.  I also wonder if they get out against Army 5-0, if they will get top 25 votes.

I was going to go to the EMU game until I looked online for tickets and they were 42 dollars a piece.  Sorry, I'm not paying that money for that crap stadium for MAC teams.

11 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

I was going to go to the EMU game until I looked online for tickets and they were 42 dollars a piece.  Sorry, I'm not paying that money for that crap stadium for MAC teams.

Tickets were $20 at the gate. And if that's still to expensive, check out the UB MoBULL pass. You buy 10 or 30 GA admissions upfront for $10 each. You can use them any way you want at any sport, as long as seats are available. http://www.ubbulls.com/tickets/mobullpass

Edited by PromoTheRobot

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Tickets were $20 at the gate. And if that's still to expensive, check out the UB MoBULL pass. You buy 10 or 30 GA admissions upfront for $10 each. You can use them any way you want at any sport, as long as seats are available. http://www.ubbulls.com/tickets/mobullpass

Mo BULL Pass is the way to go for cheap tickets 

5 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

The bleachers never fill

Edited by Buffalo716

35 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I agree, they were on my radar too (because I follow them and respect/like the MAC).

Mainstream consciousness of WNY is starting to be penetrated by this team.  Maybe people will check it out this time?  Probably wishful thinking, but whatever.

While at the Hammer tailgate for the Chargers game I mentioned I was at the EMU game to several people. It's hardly a scientific poll but no one had much awareness of UB football other than hearing "they have a WR who might be good."  UB is still behind the curve as far as local football fans go. But if WGR keeps having guest spots on the morning show for players like Tyree Jackson, people might actually get excited by bowl season.

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I agree, they were on my radar too (because I follow them and respect/like the MAC).

Mainstream consciousness of WNY is starting to be penetrated by this team.  Maybe people will check it out this time?  Probably wishful thinking, but whatever.

I saw my first Bulls game ever Week 1 against Del State (and I attended there 88-94) ... wanted to check out Hodge, Jackson & Johnson.

Had a really good time and am gonna go as often as I can now

On 9/19/2018 at 2:07 AM, Buffalo716 said:

This is gonna be a good one

UB can get revenge on Army.. 

im bringing my father to this one 

@PromoTheRobot

Buf, there games lately have been tremendous.  Tight one last year, but the game the year before was epic.  I believe (correct me if I am wrong) Army may have come in early in the season undefeated.  UB trailed by double digits going into he 4th quarter and came all the way back to win the game, again if memory serves me, early in OT.

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

thanks Kirb

It's says to be announced, guess I will have to check it Saturday.

And it might not be on the Big Ten Netowrk's main channel where you are. If you do get BTN on your cable or satellite service, youcan go online or download the BTN2GO app. There you can see every game. If you live in Buffalo, Papi Grande's on Maple by UB will be have a viewing party.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And it might not be on the Big Ten Netowrk's main channel where you are. If you do get BTN on your cable or satellite service, youcan go online or download the BTN2GO app. There you can see every game. If you live in Buffalo, Papi Grande's on Maple by UB will be have a viewing party.

PTR, Thank you.

IS the BTN2GO free?

Do we think, regardless, that we will get the game in the Buffalo area?

Sorry to pump you with questions.

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@PromoTheRobot

Buf, there games lately have been tremendous.  Tight one last year, but the game the year before was epic.  I believe (correct me if I am wrong) Army may have come in early in the season undefeated.  UB trailed by double digits going into he 4th quarter and came all the way back to win the game, again if memory serves me, early in OT.

You are thinking of 2016, comeback win in OT. 2017 was the opposite. UB blew a 4th Q lead to lose at Army. But these teams like to play each other a lot lately. The series is tied 3-3.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

You are thinking of 2016, comeback win in OT. 2017 was the opposite. UB blew a 4th Q lead to lose at Army. But these teams like to play each other a lot lately. The series is tied 3-3.

Oh, I know.  I was at the 2016.  The 2017 game was the 21-17 loss mentioned in the article.  I mentioned "tight one last year, but the game the year before was epic."

This is going to be good.

The last two games have been great.  Honestly, PTR, I am pretty darn excited.  

7 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

PTR, Thank you.

IS the BTN2GO free?

Do we think, regardless, that we will get the game in the Buffalo area?

Sorry to pump you with questions.

I'm not sure since I live in New Hampshire. The game is not listed on my Comcast TV guide. But it may be shown in WNY. You have to look  it up. BTN2GO is free but it only works if you already get the channel on cable or satellite.  As I said, there will be viewing parties. Papi Grande's I know for sure. Santora's Pizza Pub & Grill might also have a viewing party since they are a sponsor. Also call and ask Elmo's.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm not sure since I live in New Hampshire. The game is not listed on my Comcast TV guide. But it may be shown in WNY. You have to look  it up. BTN2GO is free but it only works if you already get the channel on cable or satellite.  As I said, there will be viewing parties. Papi Grande's I know for sure. Santora's Pizza Pub & Grill might also have a viewing party since they are a sponsor.

Man, I will check...I actually THINK I get the BTN.

If all else fails there might be a malware-infested stream you can find on Reddit.  Sadly, I will be busy during the game so I won't even get to watch. Hoping I can find a replay somewhere.

BTW, UB is not funded like Power 5 schools are, so they are running a fund drive to get a fancy JUGS machine. I chipped in $25. 

https://www.ubhornsup.com/project/11239

Edited by PromoTheRobot

17 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

While at the Hammer tailgate for the Chargers game I mentioned I was at the EMU game to several people. It's hardly a scientific poll but no one had much awareness of UB football other than hearing "they have a WR who might be good."  UB is still behind the curve as far as local football fans go. But if WGR keeps having guest spots on the morning show for players like Tyree Jackson, people might actually get excited by bowl season.

Do people want to see the ball fly deep through the air?

Go see UB Football.

Do people want to see high scoring games?

Go see UB Football.

Do people want to see stars that are likely to play in the NFL someday?

Go see UB Football (Jackson, Johnson, Osborne, Mack).

Do people want to have fun watching football?

Go see UB Football.

22 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

WGR should have Tyree on as much as possible...

this kid kid is gonna be up for the Johnny U award at years end... watch

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You will need whatever login your cable/satellite uses to get BTN2GO to work.

https://www.btn2go.com/

BTW, and side note, if we don't have it I would imagine it is a paid service, right?

If so I am not getting it.  I have enough of those.  I might as well try and go to Papi Grande's, if I can steal away for a little bit.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.