The negativity from the fanbase is not a knee jerk reaction to week 1

3 hours ago, PeterDude said:

How can you seriously suggest this?  What fan of a sports team takes a break?  That is really **** advice IMO.

If you're not a Kool-Aid drinker take a break from the team?  wat?

If something is frustrating...even something you love...sometimes dialing back the investment is necessary.  I never said all negativity is bad...but if people are losing their minds maybe they should take a break.  

Edited by Johnnycage46

6 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

You actually think they have been adept at drafting?  

Potential franchise QB and leader of their D.  Starting LT.  Shut down corner (whatever that means).  Starting DT next year.  Slot CB this year.  Good return guy in Ray Ray.  Potential starting G in Teller.

Yeah,  not bad.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Potential franchise QB and leader of their D.  Starting LT.  Shut down corner (whatever that means).  Starting DT next year.  Slot CB this year.  Good return guy in Ray Ray.  Potential starting G in Teller.

Yeah,  not bad.

Sounds good the way you put it, but how do you honestly think they are compared to the 31 other teams? Everyone gets the same amount of picks every year and a lot of teams can rattle off a list similar to yours. Especially if you're using the descriptor "starting" for half of them, because every team has 22 starters every year. This is the rose-colored glasses view I was talking about. 

Just now, Chemical said:

Sounds good the way you put it, but how do you honestly think they are compared to the 31 other teams? Everyone gets the same amount of picks every year and a lot of teams can rattle off a list similar to yours. Especially if you're using the descriptor "starting" for half of them, because every team has 22 starters every year. This is the rose-colored glasses view I was talking about. 

Last year it was they have to get a QB; everything else was immaterial.  They get him and now it's they should have gotten position players.  Make up your mind.

Yes, Johnson is a starter at the slot.  Phillips is essentially a starter at DT. White is their starting CB.  And so on.  You have the mistaken idea that all draft picks have to be stars to be good picks.  If Allen and Edmunds reach their potential and they get solid contributors from the others I mentioned their drafting is an unqualified sucess

7 hours ago, Chemical said:

Those of us who are negative all the time are right.

Were you right about the number of wins last year and being in playoffs? Negative Nostredame.

Only thing I agree with his that you have a brain but not sure it is working.

Change your name to something more appropriate like 'Chemical Waste"

Just now, Limeaid said:

Were you right about the number of wins last year and being in playoffs? Negative Nostredame.

Only thing I agree with his that you have a brain but not sure it is working.

Change your name to something more appropriate like 'Chemical Waste"

No, I was wrong. I thought they would win less games, but I knew they wouldn't be a super bowl contender which is all I care about.

See how to respond without insults?

17 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Yeah,  not bad.

They took 6 picks Rd 1-3 on a bad team that needed all of them and ended up with Allen, Edmunds and Harrison.  

They knew they were down Eric Wood and didn’t address OL.  They traded Dareus for Teller, a 5th rd OL project.  That doesn’t seem like a good trade, but I’m sure he is more of a McBeene “kind of guy” then Dareus.

Ray Ray is an all ready hurt 7th rd thrown in as a bone to Bills as the gave up farm to get the 3 best QB in the Mountain West.

Really?  Ok.

Edited by Billsflyer12
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billsflyer12 said:

They took 6 picks Rd 1-3 on a bad team that needed all of them and ended up with Allen, Edmunds and Harrison.  

They knew they were down Eric Wood and didn’t address OL.  They traded Dareus for Teller, a 5th rd OL project.  That doesn’t seem like a good trade, but I’m sure he is more of a McBeene “kind of guy” then Dareus.

Ray Ray is an all ready hurt 7th rd thrown in as a bone to Bills as the gave up farm to get the 3 best QB in the Mountain West.

Really?  Ok.

Trading Dareus for a conditional 6th is truly unforgiveable. Especially considering how the run defense faired immediately following the trade.

2 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Really?  Ok.

I will flat out guarantee you were one of the ones howling about how they have to draft a potential franchise QB.   They do that and you still complain.  I will flat out also guarantee that if they had traded back to get more picks you'd have howled about not getting Allen.  I'd be willing to bet you did that with White, and went nuts they didn't take Mahomes, didn't you?

The last two drafts they have a QB, they have the QB on D, a top flight CB, and a starting LT. And other guys that will fill roles.  You want All Pros at every spot guaranteed.  Completely unrealistic.

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I will flat out guarantee you were one of the ones howling about how they have to draft a potential franchise QB.   They do that and you still complain.  I will flat out also guarantee that if they had traded back to get more picks you'd have howled about not getting Allen.  I'd be willing to bet you did that with White, and went nuts they didn't take Mahomes, didn't you?

The last two drafts they have a QB, they have the QB on D, a top flight CB, and a starting LT. And other guys that will fill roles.  You want All Pros at every spot guaranteed.  Completely unrealistic.

They did have to draft one, they took the wrong one and gave up a bunch of capital they couldn’t afford or need to to get Allen. They could have had Watson, Mahomes or Rosen for no or much less draft capital.

I hated the trade up for Allen, don’t think he will be a franchise QB in NFL.  Hope I’m wrong.  Bad teams can’t afford to give up draft picks, especially for Non QB.

Who else in the league makes a Dareus for Teller trade?  People who value having “their kind of guys” over sustained winning.

Just my opinion.  Not screaming mad.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

I was suggesting we kept him. but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

And why would we keep a out of shape, no effort, lack of team leadership constantly late to meetings, one hit away from another suspension player?

We are taking his cap hit this year.....understand that (or dont...I dont care your not logical anyway)

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mark80 said:

This site is becoming almost as unbearable to visit as my facebook account.  Sad.

My college hoops board actually allows the negative repping, and you can run trolls off the board. I’m all for varying opinions, but I try to avoid foolish, repetitive trolls. Say something smart, please. It takes the fun out of this site when the whining gets so repetitive and predictable. It makes me think less of Bills fans in general, and I know that should NOT be the case. I love the true Bills brethren, but have little time for the sky is falling crowd. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Billsflyer12 said:

They did have to draft one, they took the wrong one and gave up a bunch of capital they couldn’t afford or need to to get Allen. They could have had Watson, Mahomes or Rosen for no or much less draft capital.

I hated the trade up for Allen, don’t think he will be a franchise QB in NFL.  Hope I’m wrong.  Bad teams can’t afford to give up draft picks, especially for Non QB.

Who else in the league makes a Dareus for Teller trade?  People who value having “their kind of guys” over sustained winning.

Just my opinion.  Not screaming mad.

Hope you're wrong on Allen too.  I am encouraged by what I've seen so far.

Now Dareus.  Recall the picture of McD with Dareus during camp last year?  Recall the late attendance at meetings, etc.?  It's not like McD didn't try to get the kid to come around.  But at some point you can't pay a guy the top salary on the team and get the least effort.  You just can't build a successful team that way.  He was a good guy with Marrone last year, but in the off season has a potential rape charge.  I won't be a bit surprised if his problems rear their head again this year.

1 minute ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Then sign Star, his replacement and Vonte to those contracts?

go back and take a look at the contract Star got...he actually does everything Marcel does for FAR less

Vonte....I cant really defend that one....its bad to give a contract to a player who does not start for you opening day and you cant put lipstick on that mule