Amber Guyger Manslaughter Case

LB3

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Terrible. If I realized I had done this , I  just might put a bullet through my own temple. As for her, she’s in Texas. She might have a chance at a not guilty verdict. 

Depends what the evidence shows.  Are you implying a jury in Texas can't try a case without bias?  

4 hours ago, Azalin said:

There are some things in this case that so far don't add up. The article that B-Man linked had this little bit:

" The warrant for the Saturday search on Jean's unit states that he was "expecting an unknown visitor" and that his laptop or mobile phone "may contain evidence of such communications" with the visitor. "

So Jean was expecting an "unknown visitor", and this is the reason his front door was unlocked? I believe the time was nearly 10pm. Isn't it odd that he would leave his door unlocked, no matter the time, even if he was expecting someone?

Let's go Occum's Shaver on this because it seems like people are turning it into a mystery when they shouldn't.

1. She had to be drunk or something because she WENT TO THE WRONG APARTMENT and once she got there, still couldn't figure it out.  Heat of the moment could explain some of this.  Booze explains all of it.

2. His apartment, his prerogative to do whatever the hell he wanted with the door.

3. Similar to 2.  He can have a visitor and for the sake of this case it doesn't matter if it was Charlie Manson coming over to discuss a new cult.  It has zero to do with what she did.  Haven't any of you figured out the most likely visitor yet?  Eliot Spitzer has.

4. His reaction to her commands is meaningless.  At the very least he had to be confused.  Maybe he had called for a lady that would "take control".  Again, it doesn't matter.  It was his apartment.

This all adds up to something tragic which has nothing to do with cops as professionals or behavior of the victim.  It was a drunk broad being stupid followed by a chain of sad but easily explained actions.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

It may not be “ PC” but it’s true. It’s Texas. Everyone and their brother has a gun, right ? If you were the defendant, do you think you might have a better chance at acquittal in Texas than somewhere else ? Can’t say anything these days without someone saying you’re prejudiced etc. Everyone is prejudiced , so it’s nonsenical to mention. 

Use your head and stop relying on stereotypes to try to make a point.

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Are you implying a jury in Texas can't try a case without bias?  

Apparently he is.

44 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Let's go Occum's Shaver on this because it seems like people are turning it into a mystery when they shouldn't.

1. She had to be drunk or something because she WENT TO THE WRONG APARTMENT and once she got there, still couldn't figure it out.  Heat of the moment could explain some of this.  Booze explains all of it.

2. His apartment, his prerogative to do whatever the hell he wanted with the door.

3. Similar to 2.  He can have a visitor and for the sake of this case it doesn't matter if it was Charlie Manson coming over to discuss a new cult.  It has zero to do with what she did.  Haven't any of you figured out the most likely visitor yet?  Eliot Spitzer has.

4. His reaction to her commands is meaningless.  At the very least he had to be confused.  Maybe he had called for a lady that would "take control".  Again, it doesn't matter.  It was his apartment.

This all adds up to something tragic which has nothing to do with cops as professionals or behavior of the victim.  It was a drunk broad being stupid followed by a chain of sad but easily explained actions.

I understand all that and am not arguing anything you're saying. Instead of saying that things don't add up, perhaps a better choice of words would be that I think the circumstances are damned odd.

5 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Apparently he is.

I understand all that and am not arguing anything you're saying. Instead of saying that things don't add up, perhaps a better choice of words would be that I think the circumstances are damned odd.

Very odd. The police report states that the door was ajar, but neighbors said that they heard her knocking and saying "Let me in. Let me in."

26 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Apparently he is.

I don't see any single piece as odd.  People leave their doors open.  People get drunk and do dumb things.  Cops have guns.  People whose homes are intruded flip out.  None of that is odd.  All of it happening in one place at one time, is the unfortunate part.

8 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Terrible. If I realized I had done this , I  just might put a bullet through my own temple. As for her, she’s in Texas. She might have a chance at a not guilty verdict. 

Don't shoot yourself in the temple. It's not effective.  Go cerebral cortex or heart.  Much more effective.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

I don't see any single piece as odd.  People leave their doors open.  People get drunk and do dumb things.  Cops have guns.  People whose homes are intruded flip out.  None of that is odd.  All of it happening in one place at one time, is the unfortunate part.

It absolutely is unfortunate, no argument there.

Apparently the Dallas police force want to keep digging that hole....................

DEVELOPING: Search warrant: Marijuana found in Botham Jean’s apartment after deadly shooting http://bit.ly/2D2fd0u 

DnAbcpfVsAAd4hh.jpg

"Assassinate the character after they assassinate his person." Lawyers for Botham Jean's family say they are disgusted by the search warrant issued after Jean's shooting by the hands of a Dallas police officer. http://bit.ly/2D2fd0u 

They should be.

JsgV2xFn_bigger.jpgCharles C. W. CookeVerified account @charlescwcooke 40m40 minutes ago
Utterly irrelevant. He could have been running the world’s largest illegal marijuana dispensary and that would make no difference whatsoever to the facts,

or change that he was the innocent victim here.

LYpK9tnC_bigger.jpgDrew McCoy @_Drew_McCoy_ 1h1 hour ago

Now release the blood test of the cop who killed a man in his own home.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Apparently the Dallas police force want to keep digging that hole....................

DEVELOPING: Search warrant: Marijuana found in Botham Jean’s apartment after deadly shooting http://bit.ly/2D2fd0u 

DnAbcpfVsAAd4hh.jpg

They should be.

I can understand getting the warrants - even though the apartment is a crime scene, they still may want to dot all the i's and cross the t's, so the case doesn't get thrown out on a technicality.  I also understand listing the marijuana on there - in the interests of completion, for the same reason above, you don't want to omit anything you find and risk having the investigation questioned ("Oh, so you didn't list the pot you found as a result of the warrant?  What other exculpatory evidence did you hide that might show my client's innocence?")

But leaking the warrant is bull ****.  If I'm the judge on that case, I'm throwing the results of that search right out.

13 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I can understand getting the warrants - even though the apartment is a crime scene, they still may want to dot all the i's and cross the t's, so the case doesn't get thrown out on a technicality.  I also understand listing the marijuana on there - in the interests of completion, for the same reason above, you don't want to omit anything you find and risk having the investigation questioned ("Oh, so you didn't list the pot you found as a result of the warrant?  What other exculpatory evidence did you hide that might show my client's innocence?")

But leaking the warrant is bull ****.  If I'm the judge on that case, I'm throwing the results of that search right out.

Exactly this.

Whoever was involved with that leak should have an justifiably angry mob, holding pitchforks and torches, on their lawn. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Have they found the MJ way in her apt yet?  Or released her BAC?

I hope this B word frys.

And, yet, hysteria is awesome.

What happens when it comes out (and innocent until proven guilty, or enough evidence shows the obvious) the man charged her to attack her?  Should she have been killed or mauled because she went in to the wrong house and was attacked?

Even if she is in the wrong, and based off of what is known, I believe she is - I still am curious why neither de-escalated the situation. Was the guy an !@#$ who didn't listen or think that with a gun pointed at him he should simply comply and live another day?  

Too muvh bull **** in this story.

55 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

What happens when it comes out (and innocent until proven guilty, or enough evidence shows the obvious) the man charged her to attack her?  Should she have been killed or mauled because she went in to the wrong house and was attacked?

Even if she is in the wrong, and based off of what is known, I believe she is - I still am curious why neither de-escalated the situation. Was the guy an !@#$ who didn't listen or think that with a gun pointed at him he should simply comply and live another day?  

Too muvh bull **** in this story.

You'd think one would expect a trained police office to be the more likely candidate to deescalate a situation than a guy who's facing the barrel of a gun pointed at him by an intruder in his home.

54 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

What happens when it comes out (and innocent until proven guilty, or enough evidence shows the obvious) the man charged her to attack her? 

In his own home?  Castle doctrine.  In fact, he'd be entirely within his rights under Texas law to attack and kill her - "The actor's belief that the deadly force was immediately necessary as described by that subdivision is presumed to be reasonable if the actor knew or had reason to believe that the person against whom the deadly force was used unlawfully and with force entered, or was attempting to enter unlawfully and with force, the actor's occupied habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment."

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

You'd think one would expect a trained police office to be the more likely candidate to deescalate a situation than a guy who's facing the barrel of a gun pointed at him by an intruder in his home.

Isn't that what we are seeing as the point; clearly, the result of not much thinking.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

In his own home?  Castle doctrine.  In fact, he'd be entirely within his rights under Texas law to attack and kill her - "The actor's belief that the deadly force was immediately necessary as described by that subdivision is presumed to be reasonable if the actor knew or had reason to believe that the person against whom the deadly force was used unlawfully and with force entered, or was attempting to enter unlawfully and with force, the actor's occupied habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment."

Castle doctrine will defend him in court but in front of a jury you play this right and they're sympathetic to a woman who had a long day, stressed, made a mistake, saw a man in her house and he was aggressive and she defended herself?

If she wasn't a cop liberal heads would be exploding.