Stop already!!

This is the beginning of the second year of a five-year plan. If you’re pissed at anybody be mad at the coaches and GM that were in charge 3 or 4 years ago. There’s not much talent on this team a few spots here and there. There’s one player on the team from a draft from 2016.  The Browns won one game in two years and their defense looks pretty damn good. Their offense of line looks pretty damn good they’re going in the right direction sit back and enjoy the process.  I just want to see this team compete I really like the offense of coordinator it’s one game they’ll figure it out . Yes they might go 0 and nine but I just want to see them compete.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, bills in oregon said:

This is the beginning of the second year of a five-year plan. If you’re pissed at anybody be mad at the coaches and GM that were in charge 3 or 4 years ago. There’s not much talent on this team a few spots here and there. There’s one player on the team from a draft from 2016.  The Browns won one game in two years and their defense looks pretty damn good. Their offense of line looks pretty damn good they’re going in the right direction sit back and enjoy the process.  I just want to see this team compete I really like the offense of coordinator it’s one game they’ll figure it out . Yes they might go 0 and nine but I just want to see them compete.

There are only ten players or so left over from the Rex Ryan/Doug Whaley era.

6 minutes ago, bills in oregon said:

Stalin had 5 year plans. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, bills in oregon said:

Just now, Fadingpain said:

5 year plans don't exist in today's NFL.  These guys will get 3 if they are lucky.

There is truth in both of your posts actually.  This year was ALWAYS about the future, and it was expected we will regress.  We shed a ton of cap space, added a bunch of draft assets to be in position to the anchors and QB of the O and D in the first round of the draft with Allen and Edmunds, and now have 10 picks next year too.  They are rebuilding for sure, and its going in the right direction.  

Now, how quickly the turn around will be will hinge greatly on Allen and Edmunds development.  I do think its a 5 year plan, but honestly like Fadingpain said, that teams dont generally give 5 years anymore and that 3 is about the more realistic window to show significant process.  They will get 5 years if the progress is clear and relevant, but if they dont see a jump forward within 3 years thats measurable, they likely won't get to see it though for 5 years.  

And honestly, while Edmunds will be part of that standard, its really going to come down to how Allen develops because we spent so much on him and also because he is likely going to get 2 years before they would look at taking another QB again high in the draft if he isnt panning out.   

Can you even have a five year plan these days? At that rate your rookies will be leaving their contracts for other teams.

Need to be quicker. 

In an ideal world their moves on the defense will start to pan out some time this season so they can add a few more pieces via FA in the offseason and then use a majority of their draft picks, plus a couple more FA signings on the offense. Of course, this is predicated on Josh Allen panning out. If that happens they'll have a chance to really jump up the rankings next year and make a playoff push. 

The problem is if the defense continues to be as horrific as it was yesterday, because then you can't concentrate entirely on the offense. Though if it were me I would do that anyway. We need to score points and actually have a pass attack.

5 minutes ago, bills in oregon said:

I’m no longer subscribing to this theory, and I was afraid of what would occur from the jump. You simply cannot get rid of all the most talented players from the previous regime and expect to be any good. Some like to point to the Rams and Eagles. Trouble is, those teams did not do this. They kept many of the best pieces and added to that foundation. Expunging all traces of Whaley players has left this team around the level of an expansion franchise. Maybe less, as those teams have been given favorable draft position in the past. There is no way this management group sticks around for 5 seasons unless they have an historically great couple of drafts and add key FA that perform at a top level. Not looking good. 

• Like (+1) 1