Bills vs. Ravens: 2nd Half Game Day Thread - Josh Allen In!

26CornerBlitz

2 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You've gotta be more specific, just saying personnel moves doesn't give you a pass despite how many time you've heard it on talk radio.

The personnel moves have been a !@#$ing disaster. Show where they are good

I'd start with the personnel moves. That's a perfect start to evaluating Beane.. cause our personnell moves have sucked!

2 hours ago, Tcali said:

what disaster?? other than not replacing wood and incognito?? other than not replacing Watkins and woods? other than paying big money for a mediocre over the hil tackle named lotluleli? other than keeping Peterson on the roster with no credible veteran to mentor josh allen?--other than these minor things there is no disaster here.

Hahahaha almost was about to blast you but that was so hilarious, great sarcasm

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I was quoting the other guy's phrase.

The fact is that we will never know how good any QB who was picked high and played behind a crappy line would have reached whatever potential he would have had.  

Dak Prescott is a good example of what a young guy can do behind a good line.  I am sure he would not have had the rookie season he did if he played behind the Bills' line this year.

Yes, anyone who follows football does.

Please also do not suggest that Josh Allen is Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning.

I see, so a guy that could have been drafted 1 through 7 in a strong draft class that hasn't been seen since Marino and company gets automatically dismissed by you and what little knowledge  you have that  Allen could have that potential?  After one half of football where receivers kept dropping his passes behind one of the worst lines I have seen since Tampa Bay came into the league? Do you not watch TV , get on the Internet or read?  I guess it is useless to argue with an uninformed poster. And where did I suggest he was either of them. I suggested they got the hell beat out of them their first year and it didn't ruin them. And you know dang well what I meant unless you are that clueless. Which I think the latter is more possible. Get used to Allen , he isn't going anywhere.  And now I get the satisfaction of knowing it is going to eat you up. See ya in the funny papers.

Edited by BB@Shooter

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not sure he was the answer either. I think he sucks too and I went back and watched every NFL throw he made in Cincy after we signed him. I don't think he is as bad as Peterman but he is not good. I think they have royally screwed up the QB position this offseason and the offensive line. Not sure I see a way of rescuing the season but regardless of all that they simply cannot start Nate Peterman next week. If they do their seats are gonna get suddenly very, very warm. 

You've never responded when I've asked. I enjoy it and understand both sides of it, but do you watch arsenal fan tv? I'm not a gunner but love it, I could only imagine dt or whoever if they were a bills fan today

1 hour ago, Peter said:

You proved my point.  Russell Wilson had the opportunity to develop his skills behind a very good offensive line.  He also was a more productive QB in college.

You do not think Josh Allen is raw?!?  Really?

Josh Allen is very raw and I know that because I have watched him play.  He has potential and could be special . . . but he was not particularly outstanding agains much lesser competition.

You have seen Josh Allen play? I have seen him play 23 times in person. Get outta here poser.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I thought Russell Wilson's line was pretty good.

Our line and team are historically bad right now.  You are probably going to get your wish.  I hope you are right.  I have my doubts and given the huge investment we have in Josh and the fact that he is very, very, very raw, I would be careful with him.  

We shall see what happens to the kid when he gets thrown to the wolves.  It may even happen next week.  He was not particularly successful in college against lesser competition.  I am not sure what we can expect of the kid behind a crappy line against the likes of the Chargers, Vikings etc.

Playing with a lesser conference means less talent to go up against P5 schools.  P5 schools have more talent and are deeper genius.

6 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You've never responded when I've asked. I enjoy it and understand both sides of it, but do you watch arsenal fan tv? I'm not a gunner but love it, I could only imagine dt or whoever if they were a bills fan today

I try not to. Every now and again it is good for a laugh. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I try not to. Every now and again it is good for a laugh. 

It's great for a laugh, troopz was the other guy I was drawing a blank on. I do love their passion, Robbie seems like a decent guy. 

I'm an evertonian and a bills fan so I have that weird complex where I enjoy others suffering when it comes to sports

30 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

You have seen Josh Allen play? I have seen him play 23 times in person. Get outta here poser.

Playing with a lesser conference means less talent to go up against P5 schools.  P5 schools have more talent and are deeper genius.

If you saw him play 23 times and don’t think he is raw you must have been looking at something else. 

God bless. 

48 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

I see, so a guy that could have been drafted 1 through 7 in a strong draft class that hasn't been seen since Marino and company gets automatically dismissed by you and what little knowledge  you have that  Allen could have that potential?  After one half of football where receivers kept dropping his passes behind one of the worst lines I have seen since Tampa Bay came into the league? Do you not watch TV , get on the Internet or read?  I guess it is useless to argue with an uninformed poster. And where did I suggest he was either of them. I suggested they got the hell beat out of them their first year and it didn't ruin them. And you know dang well what I meant unless you are that clueless. Which I think the latter is more possible. Get used to Allen , he isn't going anywhere.  And now I get the satisfaction of knowing it is going to eat you up. See ya in the funny papers.

You clearly have been reading my posts about as closely as you have watched Josh Allen. Not that closely. 

I am NOT dismissing him at all. I just think he is raw and has potential but don’t want to see that potential ruined or stunted behind our line. I am taking the long view of him and his development. 

I am am not going to respond to your personal attacks with personal attacks (as much as I am tempted to do so). 

5 hours ago,  HappyDays said: 

He has a plan but we won't know if he can execute it until next year. I know this sucks right now. The Sabres sucked for a couple years and now they have a very promising young corps. That's what you have to do sometimes. We've had so many years of 7-9 and 6-10.This is ultimately going to be better in the long run.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

As Adam Smith said, in the long run we'll all be dead.

He needs to take his lumps and get used to the NFL game.  Peterman is not and should not be a starter or contributor to an NFL offense.  Allen is going to have poor performances but also have great plays.  A few tweaks and the defense will be pretty formidable.  The offense is a concern for me.  Get a power run game going.  Pull with Miller and Groy.  Allow the offensive line to move forward.  Use a fullback and put Allen under center.  Ugly it up offensively and get some chunks plays of PA.

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 1

Peterman had the least amount of time to throw in the NFL, yesterday. I believe the running game had the least amount of time before contact. 

Peterman is certainly not the answer, but I totally doubt Allen is, either. Allen played against 2nd and 3rd stringers and didn't exactly light it up. Might as well start him from now on, though. Yeah, he might get better, but I thought he was a horrible pick and my opinion can only change by seeing him perform well at an NFL level. I know a lot of you are hopeful about Allen, even if you didn't like the pick, originally, but so far I haven't seen anything from him other than the rifle arm we already knew about.

At the next draft, Buffalo will be forced to either take another QB or trade down and grab 3 offensive linemen. The problem is they could also use 4 new defensive linemen, not to mention a couple of linebackers.

Buffalo is the new Cleveland.

I still believe McD is a good coach, but he will no doubt be sacrificed within a year unless the situation changes drastically.

12 hours ago, Mat68 said:

....  A few tweaks and the defense will be pretty formidable.  

Tweaks!?

That was a very mediocre Baltimore offense that trampled Buffalo.

The defensive line is absolutely awful. Only Kyle Williams is better than average. Is anyone else even average? 

4 hours ago, Kemp said:

Peterman had the least amount of time to throw in the NFL, yesterday. I believe the running game had the least amount of time before contact. 

Peterman is certainly not the answer, but I totally doubt Allen is, either. Allen played against 2nd and 3rd stringers and didn't exactly light it up. Might as well start him from now on, though. Yeah, he might get better, but I thought he was a horrible pick and my opinion can only change by seeing him perform well at an NFL level. I know a lot of you are hopeful about Allen, even if you didn't like the pick, originally, but so far I haven't seen anything from him other than the rifle arm we already knew about.

At the next draft, Buffalo will be forced to either take another QB or trade down and grab 3 offensive linemen. The problem is they could also use 4 new defensive linemen, not to mention a couple of linebackers.

Buffalo is the new Cleveland.

I still believe McD is a good coach, but he will no doubt be sacrificed within a year unless the situation changes drastically.

Tweaks!?

That was a very mediocre Baltimore offense that trampled Buffalo.

The defensive line is absolutely awful. Only Kyle Williams is better than average. Is anyone else even average? 

Most teams can hold up when your offense can not get a first down.  Very similar result to what happened vs NO last year. For me the defense was not a sive yesterday.  2 bad drives but the stats and score board isn't a complete reflection of their performance.