Who the hell does Joe Burns have Naked pictures of that he's once again on this roster? :w00t:

We could've always just signed some scrub to do what burns does.

I'm also not thrilled that coy wire is still on this team. We would've been better off letting him go and drafting a backup who can actually do his job right.

Here's hoping that Coy Wire never sees the field on defense for a signifcant amount of time :w00t:

Times like this make me sad The Official Coy Wire Sucks thread isn't around. :D

Why do we need a 6th WR? Our 3, 4 & 5 guys rarely saw action as it was. While I don't like Burns as a RB/FB I think he'd see the field more than Bannister.

He'd see it neglibly more. However to have a Pro Bowl ST'er on the roster would be a big boost to an already great unit. And 6th WR in place of the 4th RB doesn't mean a whole lot.

He'd see it neglibly more.  However to have a Pro Bowl ST'er on the roster would be a big boost to an already great unit.  And 6th WR in place of the 4th RB doesn't mean a whole lot.

280770[/snapback]

Yeah seriously. Just put a WR or two on your practice squad and put him on the roster when one of your 5 goes down to injury.

His cap hit this year will be around 1.4 Mil IIRC. Seems a tad high for a guy who really is little more than a special teams player at this point. He's a good ST guy, but not one of the quality of Tasker.

Speaking about Tasker, I always wondered why he didn't play more at WR. He always seemed to make plays, big plays when he had his chances.

His cap hit this year will be around 1.4 Mil IIRC. Seems a tad high for a guy who really is little more than a special teams player at this point. He's a good ST guy, but not one of the quality of Tasker.

Speaking about Tasker, I always wondered why he didn't play more at WR. He always seemed to make plays, big plays when he had his chances.

280868[/snapback]

Your basement is awesome!

If the Bills get their paws on Stefan Lefores, I'll fall right out of this chair.

280583[/snapback]

Hey simon...could you explain why? I know nothing about this kid. in fact, this is the first time i've heard his name. If the bills were going to go after any QB in the late rounds, i'd have guessed ryan fitzpatrick. He's a whip smart game controller. he's not a poor man's jp losman (which is what i suspect you'll tell me lefores is) but he's a guy that will not make mistakes and lose games for ya, a la...nevermind.

KFFL reported that Joe Burns was resigned and Coy Wires contract was restructured.  Said Wire is now signed through 2006.  Don't know if this was posted or not...

280959[/snapback]

resigned or re-signed :w00t:

Hey simon...could you explain why? I know nothing about this kid. in fact, this is the first time i've heard his name. If the bills were going to go after any QB in the late rounds, i'd have guessed ryan fitzpatrick. He's a whip smart game controller. he's not a poor man's jp losman (which is what i suspect you'll tell me lefores is) but he's a guy that will not make mistakes and lose games for ya, a la...nevermind.

280926[/snapback]

I have never seen Fitzpatrick play but the way you describe hm he reminds me a little of Lefors. The guy is a superior field general, with a complete and total grasp of all the nuances of the offense he was running. I've only seen him a handful of times but every single time I saw him he was the best player on the field. Outstanding decision-maker, really understands how to attack defenses, makes smart plays when the call breaks down, good athlete and very, very accurate.

His downside is that he's not very tall (maybe 6'1"?)and he doesn't have a big fastball in the arsenal. He makes up for it with his timing, touch and accuracy though. I wouldn't call him a poor man's Losman cuz he doesn't have anywhere near the toolbox JP is carrying. If I had to compare his game to somebody, TBrady might be a good one. He doesn't wow you with his arm, but he's very efficient, very smart, sees the field well and has a knack for making the right play with great consistency.

My 3 word scouting report would be: He has "it".

The biggest problem I see with him is that as great as he played last year, I just can't see him hanging around long enough for the Bills to draft him wehn they already have a good young QB on the roster. I doubt if his combine numbers were very good cuz he's not a "measurables" guy, but his game has been so good that you gotta think the scouts give more credence to the film than the weight room. With Losman and Holcomb on the roster for a few years, I can't see the Bills using their third pick on a QB and I don't think there's any way he's still around in the 5th.

Cya

I think Prioleau saying no to a restructure and asking for his release actually saved Wire his roster spot.

280924[/snapback]

I think you are exactly right Mark. I think they would have rather kept PP, approached him first about restructuring, and when he said no they had no choice but to let him go. Then just because of lack of living breathing human beings on the roster at safety they started talking to Wire. Absolutley no doubt in my mind he is gone if PP restructures - faster than you can say "long completion for the other team for a TD - where's the safety?".

The Wire re-signing dismays me more than anything else this offseason. He is simply horrible. As far as STs, he has never even led the team in ST tackles (see PP). Does anyone ever remember him making an open field tackle on STs? I don't - this whole great ST thing is morphed mythology by his supporters after the forced grudging acceptance that he is useless at safety.

I am still hopefull that they draft a safety and pick up another experienced safety after June 1st who will make him expendable. Wire is on the roster now because there simply aren't other bodies there at his position currently - hopefully that will change by the time camp starts.