Who will be this seasons breakout performers?

CDogg20

In years past we’ve had some very good production from players we didn’t expect. 

Milano

Poyer

Gillislee

Ej Gaines 

Hauschka

Karlos Williams

and so on...

Who do you believe will be this years unsung heros and why?

I’m going with Murphy, Zay Jones and Horrible Harry. I’m expecting big things from these boys this year. 

I think Zay will benefit big time from being in Dabolls system, Murphy I expect will play a Dion Lewis type roll. Horrible Harry I think will see a lot of playing time this year with Kyle winding down and he will show he belongs with the boys on Sundays. Dude has immense strength. 

What say you? 

3 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Im going with McCloud.  I like what hes done so far.  Dont know if he will get the chance but im interested to see.

Yeah I hope McCloud does good things too. I liked what I saw in camp and preseason. I think he can be an emmanuel sanders with a little more time and polish.

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I don't think Murphy should be on the list if we are taking about unexpected good performances.

I think Murphy will have a great year and most expect it!

I debated on putting him on my list for that reason exact but I did it anyways lol

Lets go with Zay Jones (60 catches) and Jason Croom (30 catches/5 TDs),... I'll maintain my faith in Shaq Lawson (8 sacks) to breakout... later in the season maybe we'll like Wyatt Teller (6 starts)??  Just unedumacated guesses

Edited by cage

I called EJ Gaines being good for us. I liked the trade and thought he was a good zone corner

i also really liked the Karlos pick and thought he was a stud.

this year I really like Marcus Murphy, Harrison Phillips to play some nice roles... I wouldn’t be surprised to see Murphy take the #2 eventually 

Murphy is still on the unexpected list for me Because 1) season hasn’t started yet

2) he started camp as an afterthought 

Zay Jones - he's got the talent, just has to get/keep his head together. He looked good catching balls in traffic when he didn't have to think about it. However, I suspect he'll look better with Allen and his zip arm (whereas Benjamin looks as if he might fare better with Peterman). 

Shaq Lawson - he seemed to respond better with his job on the line in camp and pre-season. He may not get a lot of sacks, but he will be integral to containment and the run defense surprising most people here.

Tremaine Edmunds - OK, he might not qualify, but I predict he will be in the ROTY conversation by the end of the year.

My biggest limb - John Miller - other than his play in year two, I have little to back this up than a feeling, but if the o-line does somehow come together and does not suck, he is our best bet (other than Dawkins who will probably be solid). If not, then Wyatt Teller will step in at some point this year.

1 minute ago, thurst44 said:

Zay Jones - he's got the talent, just has to get/keep his head together. He looked good catching balls in traffic when he didn't have to think about it. However, I suspect he'll look better with Allen and his zip arm (whereas Benjamin looks as if he might fare better with Peterman). 

Shaq Lawson - he seemed to respond better with his job on the line in camp and pre-season. He may not get a lot of sacks, but he will be integral to containment and the run defense surprising most people here.

Tremaine Edmunds - OK, he might not qualify, but I predict he will be in the ROTY conversation by the end of the year.

My biggest limb - John Miller - other than his play in year two, I have little to back this up than a feeling, but if the o-line does somehow come together and does not suck, he is our best bet (other than Dawkins who will probably be solid). If not, then Wyatt Teller will step in at some point this year.

Whole heartedly agree on Zay Jones. I think him and Allen will develop great chemistry, as well as Ray ray. Agree on Tremaine too but I think people hang too much hope on him for being so young so I left him off my list. 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I called EJ Gaines being good for us. I liked the trade and thought he was a good zone corner

i also really liked the Karlos pick and thought he was a stud.

this year I really like Marcus Murphy, Harrison Phillips to play some nice roles... I wouldn’t be surprised to see Murphy take the #2 eventually 

Murphy is still on the unexpected list for me Because 1) season hasn’t started yet

2) he started camp as an afterthought 

Agree, thats why I put him on my list. I always saw him making the team even before camp started. Liked what I saw from him in his brief stint last year. I think he takes the majority of carries in the open field instead of Ivory when spelling Shady. I think Ivory will only be used inside the 20 IMO. 

Man I can’t wait for kickoff!!!

• Like (+1) 1

I can't see Zay.  I know a lot of you picked him.  Anybody ever hear what made him go off on a plate glass window?  That just doesn't happen.  No NFL comments on that.  Something just doesn't seem right.  A bad game or two and he will need a head adjustment.  Sad to think that.. 

2 hours ago, Dave Allen said:

I think Taron Johnson will be a major contributor early. He's a natural fit at nickel, and will see a lot of time on the field.

I would love if Taron can contribute early, corners have me worried past Tre

• Like (+1) 1