Sal Carpaccio: Corey Coleman Is In Trouble

Message added by Chandler#81

Cut

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

Did you watch him play in the preseason games? he looked like he was running the routes at 50%. he had to be releases. Good effort on Bean for giving it a shot and really didnt give up anything for him. 

Yeah idk why Beane would say it had anything to do with him learning the playbook though.  I agree though.  His play on the field said enough about why he was cut

On 9/2/2018 at 5:52 AM, GunnerBill said:

Call me stunned. He sucked in pre-season so much so in game 1 that he hardly got out there in games 2 and 3. Similarly Connor McDermott who 2 weeks into camp was relegated to the 3rd team from where he never rose again and suddenly he is on the 53. I think it is bonkers. 

Well hopefully he proves his worth. 

Good catch. That is Cronyism at work.

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Did you watch him play in the preseason games? he looked like he was running the routes at 50%. he had to be releases. Good effort on Bean for giving it a shot and really didnt give up anything for him. 

Maybe he is the Gary Anderson of receivers?  

• Like (+1) 1

I notice as of today, Coleman is still a free agent - since he was cut, any team could pick him up for vet minimum, leaving the Bills to pay the balance between vet minimum and his $3.5M guaranteed salary - but no takers.

1 hour ago, berg1029 said:

Yeah idk why Beane would say it had anything to do with him learning the playbook though.  I agree though.  His play on the field said enough about why he was cut

This.  I think Beane is trying to be nice, but "in fairness to Corey, it is hard to get here in August and learn an offense when you’re fighting for reps and haven’t practiced with any of these quarterbacks" had better be BS - I mean, Beane knew all that when he made the deal that brought Coleman in, so why do it if it's such an uphill fight?

He says Coleman "tried hard, he really did", but it has to be that he didn't try hard enough, or that his "try hard" was a lot lower quality than another players.

13 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Doesn't Beane have a nice PC way of saying "He was dumb as a box o' rocks"?

I could be wrong, but I think if he were a real full-go, hard-driving box of rocks, he'd still be here. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's nepotism.

:lol::lol:

Both words work @sshole! 

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I notice as of today, Coleman is still a free agent - since he was cut, any team could pick him up for vet minimum, leaving the Bills to pay the balance between vet minimum and his $3.5M guaranteed salary - but no takers.

This.  I think Beane is trying to be nice, but "in fairness to Corey, it is hard to get here in August and learn an offense when you’re fighting for reps and haven’t practiced with any of these quarterbacks" had better be BS - I mean, Beane knew all that when he made the deal that brought Coleman in, so why do it if it's such an uphill fight?

He says Coleman "tried hard, he really did", but it has to be that he didn't try hard enough, or that his "try hard" was a lot lower quality than another players.

I could be wrong, but I think if he were a real full-go, hard-driving box of rocks, he'd still be here. 

He had a shtty attitude. Thats what they said on twitter. "didnt like his attitude since he walked in the building"

Im guessing the playbook thing was an excuse. The kid isnt stupid, hes lazy with a major attitude problem and feels too entitled to go 100% at practice. This is why he got cut.

Eagles not looking so good on offense.