How long will it take for fans to call for the OC to be fired?

BigDingus

Just now, Tisker A Tasker said:

I think he's going to do a great job.  I've been impressed with the flow and playcalling so far.  Seriously.

I'm sure there is quite a bit that he's yet to reveal with game planning to take advantage of whatever mismatches they believe they can exploit, but it all begins with the OL. 

Just now, Clyde Smith said:

Wow! Are we trying to run the OC out of town now? The problem is the OL coach. Do like Seattle did, get rid of the OL coach and bring a new one in. Addition by subtraction, but it’s probably too late for that anyway.

And he is McDermott's guy. His very first hire. He is going nowhere sadly. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Clyde Smith said:

Wow! Are we trying to run the OC out of town now? The problem is the OL coach. Do like Seattle did, get rid of the OL coach and bring a new one in. Addition by subtraction, but it’s probably too late for that anyway.

The biggest problem is the lack of OL talent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

The biggest problem is the lack of OL talent.

I think they are equal. With three pro-bowl level players last year the line still regressed from where it was under Kromer. Castillo left Baltimore and with basically the same players their line got magically better. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I think they are equal. With three pro-bowl level players last year the line still regressed from where it was under Kromer. Castillo left Baltimore and with basically the same players their line got magically better. 

I think you can blame a lot of that on Dennison who has been coaching OL for a long time in the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He’s the guy that’s the worst at his job. His seat has to be hot IMO. Culley is next. He should not be the guy developing your young stud QB. They should have thrown a pile of money at Jordan Palmer to continue what he started.

Daboll has over a year because he’s saddled with poor talent and a weak offensive coaching staff. He more or less has a pass this year for me. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Castillo's track record of running bad offensive lines is pretty well established.

Agreed.  Too much old boy "networkism" in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s the guy that’s the worst at his job. His seat has to be hot IMO. Culley is next. He should not be the guy developing your young stud QB. They should have thrown a pile of money at Jordan Palmer to continue what he started.

Daboll has over a year because he’s saddled with poor talent and a weak offensive coaching staff. He more or less has a pass this year for me. 

Why would Culley be next if he's building on what Palmer has coached Allen through with rather good results thus far?  I can't see Palmer giving up the consultant's life for the grind that is the NFL for likely much less money. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Palmer has no interest in being held ultimately accountable and do the 12 month a year grind. He has a nice niche. I am still of the view Culley is not the right man to be your QB coach I was surprised they didn't make a run at Dorsey. I wasn't ambivalent on firing Dennison for those same reasons (the offense failure was mainly not on him in my opinion - his pushing of Peterman's cause was my main issue with him) and there is no way Daboll should be on the hot seat this year. But there will be fans wanting him out. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Why would Culley be next if he's building on what Palmer has coached Allen through with rather good results thus far?  I can't see Palmer giving up the consultant's life for the grind that is the NFL for likely much less money. 

For one, I don’t know why it has to be much less money? If you gave Palmer $1.5M is that less than he’s making? If so, pay him more. Everyone raves about the results that he got from Allen.

Has Culley done a good job so far? Peterman has shown improvement for sure. McCarron hasn’t shown much and Allen is about where we thought he’d be. Last year the QBs regressed. I’m not sure that he is doing a good job at all. He certainly wouldn’t be the guy that I’d hand a young QB prospect to. There are A LOT of guys with better (and longer) track records of QB development.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Palmer has no interest in being held ultimately accountable and do the 12 month a year grind. He has a nice niche. I am still of the view Culley is not the right man to be your QB coach I was surprised they didn't make a run at Dorsey. I wasn't ambivalent on firing Dennison for those same reasons (the offense failure was mainly not on him in my opinion - his pushing of Peterman's cause was my main issue with him) and there is no way Daboll should be on the hot seat this year. But there will be fans wanting him out. 

Dorsey would have been another solid option. I’m not sure Palmer wants the grind either but there is a number that will change his mind. The Pegula’s have never been shy about opening the wallet. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

For one, I don’t know why it has to be much less money? If you gave Palmer $1.5M is that less than he’s making? If so, pay him more. Everyone raves about the results that he got from Allen.

Has Culley done a good job so far? Peterman has shown improvement for sure. McCarron hasn’t shown much and Allen is about where we thought he’d be. Last year the QBs regressed. I’m not sure that he is doing a good job at all. He certainly wouldn’t be the guy that I’d hand a young QB prospect to. There are A LOT of guys with better (and longer) track records of QB development.

Why do you think he wants to move to Buffalo and cut off all of his other clients that he works with to work exclusively as a Bills assistant with the daily grind?

Who do you suggest as QB coach with the history of success?

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Exactly.  Castillo has the job because back in Philly when both coaching for Andy Reid, McDermott and Castillo probably pricked their fingers and made a pinky vow to be like bruddas and that they'd hire each other if either ever became a HC**.  Whether Castillo actually has the right scheme and right stuff to coach up an OL, is another matter.

Anyone ever consider that one component of Incognito's little tantrum was learning Castillo and his zone-blocking scheme were going to be reprised in Buffalo this season?

Agreed on the last.  On the first, AFAIK Culley has had some good reviews in the form of people who know something (like Greg Cosell) watching Allen and saying it's obvious that he's being coached and he's receptive to the coaching.

**creative license.  other body parts, or no body parts may have been pricked.

• Like (+1) 3

Fans always love to blame playcalling when the root causes of failure are poor execution due to lack of talent. Teams by and large run the same plays with different terminology. The Pats run variations of the same play out of various looks. You need good players for anything to work; the Bills offense presents very few matchup problems for a defense. As for how long before fans call for Daboll’s head ? I’d say halftime of game one. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1