Cover 1: Aaron Quinn's "Closing Arguments" Case for Starting Allen

Just now, NewDayBills said:

And when Allen goes through growing pains fans will clamor for Peterman, great way to undermine your rookie.

:lol: As if McDermott and the coaches would give a hoot.  It won't have even one scintilla of an impact. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Fans have a better understanding than you believe.   

Nope, they don't. We'll have a bunch of fat drunken tough guys out there being idiots.

You let the game slows down for Allen first, then put him out there. If Peterman sucks Allen will be in in no time. Put him in now and it's going to be a David Carr situation.

Just now, NewDayBills said:

Nope, they don't. We'll have a bunch of fat drunken tough guys out there being idiots.

You let the game slows down for Allen first, then put him out there. If Peterman sucks Allen will be in in no time. Put him in now and it's going to be a David Carr situation.

At any rate, the team isn't worried about what fans think.  If they believe it's best for Allen to sit to start the season, he will.  If they think he can handle the situation, then he'll play.  Fans aren't any part of the consideration. 

Great! More David Carr Cliche talk.  

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

At any rate, the team isn't worried about what fans think.  If they believe it's best for Allen to sit to start the season, he will.  If they think he can handle the situation, then he'll play.  Fans aren't any part of the consideration. 

Peterman played better, I want to win. 

I still can't figure out why we didn't take a shot at Bridgewater.  His odds to start here would have been way better than NY with McCown and a top draft pick coming. Why the Bills reached for McCarron when Teddy was chomping at the bit for an opportunity are beyond me. He fits the process, is a team player, has overcome adversity and is a damn good QB.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Fans have a better understanding than you believe.   

You're right and they were already booing horrible OL play.

I am truly awaiting what the OL will look like when DC's are game planning stunts and 5 man rushes.

Don't name Peterman the "starter" just let him start the 1st game.

That decision can easily be made and explained by McDermott.

15 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

And when Allen goes through growing pains fans will clamor for Peterman, great way to undermine your rookie.

Fair point. The guaranteed way to get the fans clamoring for Allen is to start Peterman vs Ravens, San Diego and minny. 

Im guessing his three game total of 400 yards passing, 10 ints(2 pick 6s), 2 TDs, 3 fumbles, 12 sacks and a concussion. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Sometimes I confuse Peterman lowlights with Jeff Tuel lowlights. And, really, what's the difference at this point. Peterman could have EASILY thrown that 99 yard pick six vs KC. In fact, did he? You had to think for a second. 

Jeff Tuel (allegedly) and most probably Nathan Peterman throwing a 99 yard INT. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/kansas-city-chiefs/0ap2000000275203/Chiefs-intercept-Jeff-Tuel-pass

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I question how much of the playbook Allen has down, timing is off, awareness is off, lack of anticipation, lack of feel for where his receivers are at.

Probably so. Peterman definitely has the edge there. I just think under pressure he’s going to fold like a lawn chair.

He looks panicked when the pressure heats up.

Saw evidence of that even gm1 the preseason v panthers and obviously in all his appearances last year. 

There are some throws he just can never try to make... 

Allen seemed unfazed. 

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Probably so. Peterman definitely has the edge there. I just think under pressure he’s going to fold like a lawn chair.

He looks panicked when the pressure heats up.

Saw evidence of that even gm1 the preseason v panthers and obviously in all his appearances last year. 

There are some throws he just can never try to make... 

Allen seemed unfazed. 

I think Allen will be an elite QB, I liked him and Baker Mayfield the most in the draft, I am not anti Allen, he was the right pick, I'm just causious that's all, the longer we hold him back the better, I'm a huge believer in sitting rookie QBs.

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

I think Allen will be an elite QB, I liked him and Baker Mayfield the most in the draft, I am not anti Allen, he was the right pick, I'm just causious that's all, the longer we hold him back the better, I'm a huge believer in sitting rookie QBs.

I guess the key is that truly understanding readiness is difficult. 

Ah well.. it may just be that our season is like San Francisco’s was last year... sort of

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

This fact has not prevented many posters from claiming he has excelled against "1's, 2's and 3's".... or even "he has played well against other teams 1's in every game".

Posters?   

How about the head coach?

I posted and quoted his words directly from the Bill website. 

44 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Why is that cliche talk vs. a legitimate concern? No QB has ever been sacked more in a season that Carr was in his rookie season. The beating he took negatively impacted his development moving forward. I would argue that the high number of sacks taken over the course of his first four years ruined any chance he had at establishing himself as the pocket passer he was drafted to be. He was a skittish wreck half the time. And for good reason.