John McCain Discontinuing Medical Treatment

19 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Trump hate has gotten to Meghan McCain, who is hard right 

Ummmm no she isn't.  IIRC she one time referred to herself as a Progressive Republican

Meghan McCain is an "acceptable" Republican to the Entertainment Political Industrial Complex

Edited by /dev/null
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

It was reported that John McCain planned this burial week right down to the pall bearers, songs and people eulogizing him.

Would not surprise me in the least.  My uncle did the same, down to writing the eulogies people would give.

Hell, if you wanted to be really deep-state minded...did McCain schedule his own death to influence the Kavanaugh confirmation?  He's dying anyway...so why not give the Senate Democrats a "Patron Saint of #Resistance Republicans" to use to try and turn one or two Senate Republicans?

No, I don't believe that's what happened.  But it would explain away so much...and you just know "St. John the Maverick" is going to be invoked during the confirmation hearings.

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Would not surprise me in the least.  My uncle did the same, down to writing the eulogies people would give.

Hell, if you wanted to be really deep-state minded...did McCain schedule his own death to influence the Kavanaugh confirmation?  He's dying anyway...so why not give the Senate Democrats a "Patron Saint of #Resistance Republicans" to use to try and turn one or two Senate Republicans?

No, I don't believe that's what happened.  But it would explain away so much...and you just know "St. John the Maverick" is going to be invoked during the confirmation hearings.

Or if you really want to go down the rabbit hole, there's a theory that Donald Trump is a time traveler.  Maybe McCain blocked Kavanaugh's confirmation at some point in the future so Trump came back with tech to accelerate McCain's cancer.

Uggh, now my brain hurts.

But seriously, there are people who think Trump is some kind of time traveler.  Trump's uncle worked for Tesla and there is speculation that he may have stolen some of Tesla's private papers upon the death of the reclusive genius, including plans for a time machine.

11 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Or if you really want to go down the rabbit hole, there's a theory that Donald Trump is a time traveler.  Maybe McCain blocked Kavanaugh's confirmation at some point in the future so Trump came back with tech to accelerate McCain's cancer.

Uggh, now my brain hurts.

But seriously, there are people who think Trump is some kind of time traveler.  Trump's uncle worked for Tesla and there is speculation that he may have stolen some of Tesla's private papers upon the death of the reclusive genius, including plans for a time machine.

It actually makes more sense than the Russian collusion theory.

13 hours ago, sherpa said:

McCain should have gone a lot quieter.

Never liked the guy.

Always suspected him.

None of this surprises me.

Still......Trump is an ass.

Agreed.

Plus: Funeral reaction................

And the Paul Wellstone Memorial Award Goes To.

by Matt Margolis

Original Article

The idea of a memorial service is to talk about the person who died.

VIDEOS: Obama, Bush, Meghan McCain Take Shots at Trump...

Americans Disgusted With Hyper-Politicized Funeral...

I’d be willing to bet that when Donald Trump dies he will not receive the national respect that McCain  received. 

I wouldnt be shocked if flags don’t even go to half staff on the day Trump dies. 

Funny thing about McCain in hindsight. His awful choice for VP came to represent and for a time lead the part of the party that made Trump possible. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I’d be willing to bet that when Donald Trump dies he will not receive the national respect that McCain  received. 

I wouldnt be shocked if flags don’t even go to half staff on the day Trump dies. 

Funny thing about McCain in hindsight. His awful choice for VP came to represent and for a time lead the part of the party that made Trump possible. 

Rectify: 

8 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/us-ambassador-victims-amsterdam-stabbing-americans-104529185.html

Haj hates you. Haj will ALWAYS hate you. Haj will never coexist with you. 

With your love of a man who not only met with the Free Syrian Army (AQ) but did so wearing their pin while agreeing to arm and fund them to go kill your combat buddies. 

Image result for mccain meets syrian rebels

ae3f3185b6597f8a106c81d4fc3c507c51c520759043de1cc92a82915f111b0a.jpeg

He also was quite fond of supporting actual Nazis: 

Image result for mccain meets free syrian army wearing their pin

You might be fellating the wrong man, Dude. Based on your alleged principles that is.

29 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Rectify: 

With your love of a man who not only met with the Free Syrian Army (AQ) but did so wearing their pin while agreeing to arm and fund them to go kill your combat buddies. 

Image result for mccain meets syrian rebels

ae3f3185b6597f8a106c81d4fc3c507c51c520759043de1cc92a82915f111b0a.jpeg

He also was quite fond of supporting actual Nazis: 

Image result for mccain meets free syrian army wearing their pin

You might be fellating the wrong man, Dude. Based on your alleged principles that is.

Oh my?! How damning. Shocking the news hasn’t gotten ahold of this well sourced and verified info. That’s so weird. The only time I EVER find out McCain is a musslim loving Nazi is from people in the know on message boards. So weird. 

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Oh my?! How damning. Shocking the news hasn’t gotten ahold of this well sourced and verified info. That’s so weird. The only time I EVER find out McCain is a musslim loving Nazi is from people in the know on message boards. So weird. 

Relying on others to do your own digging and hunting for truth is a mistake you continue to make. You're backing a man sat down with the very people you hate. Who paid for their training so they could kill you more efficiently. And he did so because of his love for himself, not country. 

You might find that laudable. But it makes you look like an unprincipled simpleton.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Relying on others to do your own digging and hunting for truth is a mistake you continue to make. You're backing a man sat down with the very people you hate. Who paid for their training so they could kill you more efficiently. And he did so because of his love for himself, not country. 

You might find that laudable. But it makes you look like an unprincipled simpleton.

In his defense, he is an unprincipled simpleton...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

http://halfstaff.org/about/

The flag shall be flown at half-staff 30 days from the death of the President or a former President; 10 days from the day of death of the Vice President, the Chief Justice or a retired Chief Justice of the United States, or the Speaker of the House of Representatives; advert of the sizegenetics; from the day of death until interment of an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, a Secretary of an executive or military department, a former Vice President, or the Governor of a State, territory, or possession; and on the day of death and the following day for a Member of Congress.

This McCain spite tour has really brought out  the crazies. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

The Dude is fine with this... who cares about leaving our men in uniform behind?

Just like Dude is fine with a man who meets with AQ and ISIS (wearing a FSA pin rather than the flag). And fine with a man who supports honest to God Nazis in Ukraine because it would lead to more war and strife. 

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Relying on others to do your own digging 

Absolutely, I do. Its good business. 

I rely on people to do their jobs because that’s how society functions. 

I rely on my doctor to inform me of my health — I know, I’m crazy for not checking my own self for cancer, right?!

I rely on scientists to do science things on my behalf. I use the information they provide to me to make informed positions — it’s crazy I’m not out there sciencing for myself all day and every day, huh? I must be lazy. I’m sure you do your own sciencing, though. 

When I read a history book I’m assuming that the sources the author is claiming are legit and I rarely or never inspect their sources...because if I did 1 book could take me over a year. 

And I rely on news organizations to present me with sources and documented news, and I rely on internet message boards to bring me unsourced craziness. 

I do do a lot of relying. From doctors to mechanics. A lot of relying. 

16 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

But "pot is harmless..."

Shouldnt you be yelling at some kids to get off your lawn?

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

This McCain spite tour has really brought out  the crazies. 

MCCAIN’S FUNERAL TURNS INTO RESISTANCE MEETING

Susan Glasser of the New Yorker calls John McCain’s funeral “the biggest resistance meeting yet.” I think Glasser is right, but is this a good thing?

Glasser certainly thinks so. She seems ecstatic about it.

McCain probably would have thought so too. He was a world class grudge holder. McCain was also capable of forgiveness, but that capacity ran in only one direction — left.

It’s rich, though, that Meghan McCain, Barack Obama and others attempted to wax eloquent about the good old days of bipartisanship, civility, and respect, as exemplified by John McCain, while trying to stick it to the President of the United States during a funeral.

I’n not a fan of Donald Trump the man, but I’ll say this for him: When he sticks the knife in, he doesn’t pretend to be the guardian of civility and related virtues.

Obama’s speech was a particularly pedestrian affair. The only surprise — and maybe it shouldn’t have been — was his poor grammar. One would hope that the smartest man in any room and the possessor of degrees from Columbia and Harvard could avoid saying this: “After all, what better way to get a last laugh than to make George and I say nice things about him to a national audience?”?

Meghan McCain’s big line was: “The America of John McCain has no need to be made great again, because America was always great.” It brought applause from the mourner-resisters — a rarity, if not a first, at a funeral at the National Cathedral, according to Glasser.

The key word here is “was” (Glasser changed it to “is” in her New Yorker piece). Although the left denies it, the America of John McCain was great. But the question is whether the American of John McCain is the America of today. Barack Obama ran against that America (and, of course, against McCain) in 2008, insisting that it needed a major transformation. Obama won. Handily.

I don’t blame Meghan McCain for taking shots at President Trump. It’s clearly what her father wanted her to do, and Trump started the feud. I do blame former presidents Obama and Bush for joining in the resistance-fest.

The political class isn’t wrong to bemoan the lack of civility and decorum constantly exhibited by President Trump. But it is wrong to do so while using a funeral to try to score political points. That’s the kind of smugness and hypocrisy that gave rise to Trump’s political success.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/09/mccains-funeral-turns-into-resistance-meeting.php

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

What can we conclude if there is a funeral for Person A, and the “eulogies” are mostly about Person B?

For one thing, Person B is obviously a heck of a lot more important than Person A.

John McCain was heroic in some ways, notoriously small-minded in others.

It is perhaps a fitting coda to his career that his funeral was mostly about someone else.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's a lousy way to stay informed. And you keep proving it over and over with each post you make that you are truly uniformed. 

image.jpeg.514eaf13afde6a779ce75ff5651db362.jpeg

Your version of informed is not my version. I do not “educate” myself with memes from Chan 4. And neither does any learned person I know. 

And Star Wars is gay by the way. Yoda was the gayest. 

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

To 

Nor do I. 

You're terrible at this.

Well that’s definitive. I mean the only play I have left is “no, you’re terrible at this!”

Look, fella, the history books will never write of McCain the things you suggested because they have to be sourced and peer reviewed, and outside of message boards, nobody has published those accusations against McCain. My god....ever since 9/11, regular nobody’s have felt convinced the internet enables them to “get to the real truth!” 

13 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Well that’s definitive. I mean the only play I have left is “no, you’re terrible at this!”

Look, fella, the history books will never write of McCain the things you suggested because they have to be sourced and peer reviewed, and outside of message boards, nobody has published those accusations against McCain. My god....ever since 9/11, regular nobody’s have felt convinced the internet enables them to “get to the real truth!” 

But you're the moron who rejects published and peer reviewed books when they don't match your own personal definition of words...  :wallbash:

You are terrible at this.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I'm not certain the history books will mention him at all. What can they say? Keatings 5? Blocker of Obamacare Repeal? Dossier deliverer? Leaving your wheelchair-bound wife that lobbied for you to come home while you were being held in Vietnam - after you had numerous affairs - for money (aka Cindy Lou (also an affair while he was married to wife #1))? McCain-Feingold that has allowed for unlimited corporate donations to outside groups to direct candidates and legislation? (a real peach of an act that one)

Yeah, he was a great guy. A real maverick. Or at least that is how the internet is being scrubbed to portray him (or the search engines are now prioritizing the algorithms). 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

But you're the moron who rejects published and peer reviewed books when they don't match your own personal definition of words...  :wallbash:

You are terrible at this.

A systemic genocide is not an economic platform. It’s so evident I won’t argue it. Nor is sparrowcide. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'm not certain the history books will mention him at all. What can they say? Keatings 5? Blocker of Obamacare Repeal? Dossier deliverer? Leaving your wheelchair-bound wife that lobbied for your to come home while you were being held in Vietnam - after you had numerous affairs - for money (aka Cindy Lou (also an affair while he was married to wife #1))? McCain-Feingold that has allowed for unlimited corporate donations to outside groups to direct candidates and legislation? (a real peach of an act that one)

Yeah, he was a great guy. A real maverick. Or at least that is how the internet is being scrubbed to portray him (or the search engines are now prioritizing the algorithms). 

McCain wasn’t perfect but he was a good soldier and served his country well and with honor. 

And there are things that could be added to your list of negatives too. 

But McCain will be remembered with honor, I assure you. 

23 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

A systemic genocide is not an economic platform. It’s so evident I won’t argue it. Nor is sparrowcide. 

McCain wasn’t perfect but he was a good soldier and served his country well and with honor. 

And there are things that could be added to your list of negatives too. 

But McCain will be remembered with honor, I assure you. 

Only by men like you who don't bother to look into the man's life and are happy just slobbering down the propaganda fed to you by the very same folks who thought it would be great to send the enemies of this country arms, training, and funding to better kill you while you served. As I said above, conditioning is a hell of a thing. You're literally fellating a man who dishonored himself and spat on the lives of both POWs and active military men.

I shared your views with a couple active buddies, including one who's SERE instructor spent time with Syd at the Hanoi Hilton. The quote I got in return is laughter. At you. 

If you look for yourself, you'd see there's more than just "memes" to back up the claims: 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-syria-crisis-usa-mccain/senator-mccain-met-with-rebels-in-syria-spokesman-idUSBRE94Q0HU20130527

Who were the rebels he met with? You served, you should know. The FSA is AQ. FSA and ISIS both deferred to AQ in command in theater. And there's your "honorable" man, meeting with the same people who butchered thousands, killed Americans, and were actively engaged in a shooting war in the neighboring countries while Syd met with them... wearing their pin on his lapel. 

You're TERRIBLE at this, Dude. Your lack of a functioning frontal lobe is on display for all to see. 

Oh, as for the Ukraine: 

"Free Ukraine"... under Nazi Rule. 

https://www.channel4.com/news/ukraine-mccain-far-right-svoboda-anti-semitic-protests

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I shared your views with a couple active buddies, including one who's SERE instructor spent time with Syd at the Hanoi Hilton. The quote I got in return is laughter. At you. 

You talk about what I write? ? 

You need more hobbies. 

And, I don’t care. I don’t care if he laughed. I don’t care. I don’t care if you rank some SERE instructor ahead of me — I don’t care. 

Honestly, if you’re talking about your internet people to your real people, you should spend more time talking to real people. 

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

You talk about what I write? ? 

You need more hobbies. 

And, I don’t care. I don’t care if he laughed. I don’t care. I don’t care if you rank some SERE instructor ahead of me — I don’t care. 

Honestly, if you’re talking about your internet people to your real people, you should spend more time talking to real people. 

Talking with real people, about this subject, is what I'm paid to do - and I'm sitting in the same room with them today. And these are experts in their fields. Men and women who know their stuff. And they think you took one too many hits to the head if you think Syd was a man of honor.

But we don't need outside experts to show us you're mentally deficient. Your own posts and ignorance makes that quite clear to anyone who reads you. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If you look for yourself, you'd see there's more than just "memes" to back up the claims: 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-syria-crisis-usa-mccain/senator-mccain-met-with-rebels-in-syria-spokesman-idUSBRE94Q0HU20130527

Who were the rebels he met with? You served, you should know. The FSA is AQ. FSA and ISIS both deferred to AQ in command in theater. And there's your "honorable" man, meeting with the same people who butchered thousands, killed Americans, and were actively engaged in a shooting war in the neighboring countries while Syd met with them... wearing their pin on his lapel. 

You're TERRIBLE at this, Dude. Your lack of a functioning frontal lobe is on display for all to see. 

Oh, as for the Ukraine: 

"Free Ukraine"... under Nazi Rule. 

https://www.channel4.com/news/ukraine-mccain-far-right-svoboda-anti-semitic-protests

I accuse you of being a Chan 4 idiot. You deny it and then back a future point with a link from Chan 4. Mate, y’all ought not be calling anybody bad at thinking. 

Now, don’t you have some message from Little Orphan Annie, I’m sorry, I mean, “Q,” to analyze? We need patriots like you to use internet message boards to get To the real truth ????

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

I accuse you of being a Chan 4 idiot. You deny it and then back a future point with a link from Chan 4. Mate, y’all ought not be calling anybody bad at thinking. 

Reuters, CNN, and Syd's own Twitter is a 4Chan link? 

You're now proving to be functionally illiterate. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Talking with real people, about this subject, is what I'm paid to do - and I'm sitting in the same room with them today. And these are experts in their fields. Men and women who know their stuff. And they think you took one too many hits to the head if you think Syd was a man of honor.

But we don't need outside experts to show us you're mentally deficient. Your own posts and ignorance makes that quite clear to anyone who reads you. 

I think John McCain did more for this country than you. 

And being a combat vet, I have respect for other vets. Especially for ones who had it harder than I. McCain went through hell, and so I honor his service. Go back to Chan 4, guy. 

Sorry to interrupt.

A quick question for the board (especially those who cannot see the real reason for the recent McCain-fest on TV)

Name a Democrat who gets praised in the media for working across the aisle in Congress.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Reuters, CNN, and Syd's own Twitter is a 4Chan link? 

You're now proving to be functionally illiterate. 

You’re right on this. Your last link wasn’t a Chan 4 link. I glanced too quickly. I’ll admit when I’m wrong. Here, I was wrong. 

Just now, The_Dude said:

I think John McCain did more for this country than you. 

And being a combat vet, I have respect for other vets. Especially for ones who had it harder than I. McCain went through hell, and so I honor his service. Go back to Chan 4, guy. 

This isn't about me. It's about how you're allergic to reason, facts, and basic reading comprehension. Your love of Syd's service is a convenient excuse for you not to think for yourself. That's lazy and disingenuous. 

17 minutes ago, B-Man said:

ROGER SIMON: Trump Bash at McCain/Franklin Funerals Truly Juvenile.

“One of Trump’s major accomplishments has been to reveal the lack of civic virtue and self-control across our elite institutions.”

It was inevitable that this weekend’s funerals would provide Wellstone memorial flashbacks in stereo.

This is EXACTLY why Trump will win again in 2020 because these mental midgets can't help themselves and it has to be a Trump bashing fest whatever the public forum might be..

These people, EVEN AT SOMEONE'S FUNERAL, are too stupid to realize that every time they bash Trump it hardens his base and people who are indifferent about Trump will start to side with Trump. Like I said, these people are morons (and there are many like this on this board alone) and they think bashing Trump non stop, trying to get him impeached, FOR NOTHING will work out for them. They have no policies and they just bash Trump every chance they get and they think that Trump's base and the indifferent people will side with them.

Edited by njbuff

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

This isn't about me. It's about how you're allergic to reason, facts, and basic reading comprehension. Your love of Syd's service is a convenient excuse for you not to think for yourself. That's lazy and disingenuous. 

Not true. I was madder than anybody McCain opposed the post 9/11 GI Bill because I NEEDED it. 

But i honor soldiers when they die. It’s an awful habit of mine.