John McCain Discontinuing Medical Treatment

8 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

The Koran is far worse than the Bible. Much more sinister. But I probably wouldn't relay that message to a "crowd" of Muslims. I don't think I'd get on stage in Riyadh with a stand up routine about Sharia Law and Jihad. They're pretty oppressive over there.

So your boldness is strictly in ratio to the meekness of the religion you're choosing to attack?

28 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

So your boldness is strictly in ratio to the meekness of the religion you're choosing to attack?

Yeah. I tend to like freedom of expression. Pretty much the best thing America has going for it. What about you? You like the first amendment?

6 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah. I tend to like freedom of expression. Pretty much the best thing America has going for it. What about you? You like the first amendment?

Sure do, when it's not abused.

But I don't see what gender fantasy has to do with freedom of expression, especially when it comes to state-mandated teaching of said fantasy to children in school.

Edited by joesixpack

28 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Sure do, when it's not abused.

But I don't see what gender fantasy has to do with freedom of expression, especially when it comes to state-mandated teaching of said fantasy to children in school.

Tranny eductation isn't really my crusade. Not quite sure why you find it so fascinating.

32 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I just wish they had cameras back then.  I'd love to try to deconstruct that bread and fish trick.

It's similar to the clunkers for cash. You give them your clunker, the government sticks its hand in the working mans wallet and pull out cash. 

7 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Tranny eductation isn't really my crusade. Not quite sure why you find it so fascinating.

We already know what your crusade is.

8 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I'll never understand the need by some to intentionally mock Christianity or the Bible. 

The closer they get to meeting their non-maker the less likely that happens. On their deathbed they tend to become believers.

http://scrappleface.com/blog/2018/08/27/4-in-5-democrats-would-elect-mccain-president-now/

ScrappleFace
Navigation– Home– ScrappleChat– Satire Books– About

4-in-5 Democrats Would Elect McCain President Now

(2018-08-27) —  A new Ipsos-Factos poll of registered Democrats, taken in the wake of Sen. John McCain’s death, indicates that some 80 percent of them would vote for the decorated war hero, legendary senator and bipartisan statesman, in a head-to-head contest with anyone from any party.

“There’s never been a Republican, a politician, or even a man, like him,” said one unnamed Democratic survey respondent. “He’s exactly the one we need at a time of division like this. He’s, frankly, the only leader who can bring us together as a nation, stop all wars, and speak the truth at all times.”

As news of the poll leaked out, the Democratic National Committee sent out a Tweet cautioning party members that “voting for the deceased does not offer the same benefits as voting by the deceased.”

Share Button
twitter.pngfacebook.pnggoogleplus.pnglinkedin.pngreddit.pngemail.pngprint.png

ExcellentGoodAveragePoorAwfulRatingWidget.comPope to Priests: Abstain from Molestation on Fridays
«

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The closer they get to meeting their non-maker the less likely that happens. On their deathbed they tend to become believers.

Always reminds me of the line from Harry Chapin's "30,000 Pounds of Bananas."

His foot hit the break to slow him down but the pedal floored easy without a sound.

He yelled 'CHRIST!'

It was funny how he named the only man who could save him now.

Obscure reference, to be sure, but funny nonetheless.

Edited by LABillzFan

43 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I'll never understand the need by some to intentionally mock Christianity or the Bible. 

In an ironic twist, those people suffer from the same affliction the most hypocritically pious among us often suffer from..undeniable arrogance coupled with an over-estimation of self-worth as it relates to other people. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

2 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Really? See, leftists believe that since Jesus is popular in Europe that he’s the god of white capitalists. That makes Jesus and Christianity suck. Plus, clearly Jesus is responsible for the abomination that became the Catholic Church which is another thing that liberals know nothing about other than crusades and inquisitions. Even though they don’t know a damn thing about the crusades and inquisitions, they know to regurgitate those words. 

Plus, do you have to worry about Christians killing you for mocking their god? No. Because it’s a peaceful religion. Islam on the other hand — Bill Maher is the only liberal I’ve ever heard call Islam for what it is.....an awful religion. 

I'm sure it's been posted but so well said: 

“Fellow Americans” – that association has meant more to me than any other. I lived and died a proud American. We are citizens of the world’s greatest republic, a nation of ideals, not blood and soil. We are blessed and are a blessing to humanity when we uphold and advance those ideals at home and in the world. We have helped liberate more people from tyranny and poverty than ever before in history. We have acquired great wealth and power in the process.

We weaken our greatness when we confuse our patriotism with tribal rivalries that have sown resentment and hatred and violence in all the corners of the globe. We weaken it when we hide behind walls, rather than tear them down, when we doubt the power of our ideals, rather than trust them to be the great force for change they have always been.

Perhaps the best way to celebrate John McCain’s life is for the media to talk more about John McCain’s life and spend less time on Trump and what he is or isn’t doing to celebrate it..

The Republican base watched McCain be civil, get smeared, and lose.

Then they watched Romney be civil, get smeared, and lose.

So they concluded the nominee would be smeared regardless, norms didn’t matter, and only winning elections mattered. Enter Trump.

Edited by B-Man

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

Some people are stuck in a time warp and think the religious right is wielding it's oppressive power against them.

Actually, I think those are just leftists who are programmed to hate anything on the right. Mocking Christians is low-hanging fruit for them because all they have to do...and they do it often and well...is take the words of God out of context in some bizarre effort to show hypocrisy on the right.

"You don't like taxes, yet Jesus said render unto Caesar..." and so on and so on.

They do this, I'm convinced, because taking the Bible out of context is RIDICULOUSLY easier and faster than trying to put it IN context. 

The other challenge is that they they do this to piss off Christians, who often times DO get pissed off, respond as a sinner, and then get called out on their hypocrisy again.

Or worse, Christians know they need to turn the other cheek, so the leftist idiocy goes unchecked.

Regardless, I answered my own thought: we know precisely why people intentionally mock the Bible and Christians. Because they know the only real response from a Christian is to be patient, forgive and love, no matter what. That takes discussion out of the equation, and few people love to shout unchallenged like a leftist.

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Actually, I think those are just leftists who are programmed to hate anything on the right. Mocking Christians is low-hanging fruit for them because all they have to do...and they do it often and well...is take the words of God out of context in some bizarre effort to show hypocrisy on the right.

"You don't like taxes, yet Jesus said render unto Caesar..." and so on and so on.

They do this, I'm convinced, because taking the Bible out of context is RIDICULOUSLY easier and faster than trying to put it IN context. 

The other challenge is that they they do this to piss off Christians, who often times DO get pissed off, respond as a sinner, and then get called out on their hypocrisy again.

Or worse, Christians know they need to turn the other cheek, so the leftist idiocy goes unchecked.

Regardless, I answered my own thought: we know precisely why people intentionally mock the Bible and Christians. Because they know the only real response from a Christian is to be patient, forgive and love, no matter what. That takes discussion out of the equation, and few people love to shout unchallenged like a leftist.

But what if you believe in the Old Testament, fire-and-brimstone, send-bears-to-tear-apart-kids-for-making-fun-of-a-bald-dude, happy-shall-he-be-that-dasheth-thy-children-against-the-stones Bible?

Christianity: it's all forgiveness and love, until someone loses their hair.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

But what if you believe in the Old Testament, fire-and-brimstone, send-bears-to-tear-apart-kids-for-making-fun-of-a-bald-dude, happy-shall-he-be-that-dasheth-thy-children-against-the-stones Bible?

I think I heard a stand up bit about that. 

Something about how the OT God is his favorite because he can understand a guy getting !@#$ing pissed when he’s disrespected.

Edited by BringBackOrton

22 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Ohshit, is that what happened to Gene Frenkle by that bully, FormerPerformer? 

57 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's all fun and games until the donkey starts talking.

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

Perhaps the best way to celebrate John McCain’s life is for the media to talk more about John McCain’s life and spend less time on Trump and what he is or isn’t doing to celebrate it..

So they concluded the nominee would be smeared regardless, norms didn’t matter, and only winning elections mattered. Enter Trump.

I guess that explains the Trump nomination, but in my lifetime the candidate that wins the presidency has always the more charismatic candidate (or the "who you'd rather have a beer with" guy or gal).  Nobody wants to have a beer with Hillary Clinton.

• Like (+1) 1

There's an awful lot of analysis into something that's rather simple. There is no empirical evidence supporting divinity. Quite the contrary. The scientific errors contained in religious texts are pretty much a non starter. Perhaps there is a higher power. I'm open to the possibility. I'm certainly not gonna waste my life painstakingly studying something that can never be proven. I think religion has oft times benefited society. Right from wrong. Don't kill. Don't steal. I don't really need a book to spook me into morality, but some do. It's also caused millions upon millions of premature deaths. As long as your religion doesn't infringe upon my right to do as I please, go on and do you.

As to this topic; John McCain was a war hawk, slow to come around on civil rights and didn't know much about the economy. I couldn't stand him as a politician, but I believe his "intentions" were good. Intentions are tricky. They're more emotional than factual and you could argue irrelevant. Either way, the guy is dead. The left is quite obviously using him as a prop and the right is pissing on his grave because he dared challenge the dear leader. Both are disgusting. But when you piss on a dead man, you lose the moral high ground. It's not about political correctness as much as it's about common human decency. I don't see much of that from folks purported to be pious.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

There's an awful lot of analysis into something that's rather simple. There is no empirical evidence supporting divinity. Quite the contrary. The scientific errors contained in religious texts are pretty much a non starter. Perhaps there is a higher power. I'm open to the possibility. I'm certainly not gonna waste my life painstakingly studying something that can never be proven. I think religion has oft times benefited society. Right from wrong. Don't kill. Don't steal. I don't really need a book to spook me into morality, but some do. It's also caused millions upon millions of premature deaths. As long as your religion doesn't infringe upon my right to do as I please, go on and do you.

As to this topic; John McCain was a war hawk, slow to come around on civil rights and didn't know much about the economy. I couldn't stand him as a politician, but I believe his "intentions" were good. Intentions are tricky. They're more emotional than factual and you could argue irrelevant. Either way, the guy is dead. The left is quite obviously using him as a prop and the right is pissing on his grave because he dared challenge the dear leader. Both are disgusting. But when you piss on a dead man, you lose the moral high ground. It's not about political correctness as much as it's about common human decency. I don't see much of that from folks purported to be pious.

Piss off.

10 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Other than a few, who's pissing on his grave?

15 hours ago, B-Man said:

Another takeaway from those elections is that every liberal who says they'd vote Republican if they ran a moderate is full of ****.

They'll always support a John Kasich up until he's running against a true leftist, then they find a reason not to.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Who's pissing on him? Most of his detractors have kept fairly quiet about their opinions, as well they should. While it's crass to rip a guy right after his death, there's no moral imperative to heap praise on someone you didn't hold in high regard just because they died. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Who's pissing on him? Most of his detractors have kept fairly quiet about their opinions, as well they should. While it's crass to rip a guy right after his death, there's no moral imperative to heap praise on someone you didn't hold in high regard just because they died. 

A president is held to different standards though as they should be.  If McCain died when Obama was president and Obama did something similar, Sean Hannity (insert other right wing pundit) would've driven a tank through the White House to get him out of office.

I think the statement Trump put out yesterday after he got flack for raising the flag would've been the perfect statement to put out right after his death.  "Although I disagreed with some things politically, he was a man that honorably served his country for many year....yadayada" was perfect. 

• Like (+1) 1

Sure is weird watching lefties act like they care about McCain all of the sudden after all the time they spent trashing him in the past.  Especially back when he was running against 0bama in 2008.  Back then McCain was the "Racist/sexist/homophobe" who had everything from his war record to his computer literacy trashed up one side and down the other by the left.  All so they could pat each other on the back for being a member of the We helped elect the first black President Club. Only reason they want to play the "great American hero" card for him now is so they can politicize his death.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

A president is held to different standards though as they should be.  If McCain died when Obama was president and Obama did something similar, Sean Hannity (insert other right wing pundit) would've driven a tank through the White House to get him out of office.

I think the statement Trump put out yesterday after he got flack for raising the flag would've been the perfect statement to put out right after his death.  "Although I disagreed with some things politically, he was a man that honorably served his country for many year....yadayada" was perfect. 

I try really hard to avoid the subject of Trump. He's irrelevant. It's discouraging to see that kind of dude occupying the oval office, but other than the disastrous corporate giveaway, he hasn't done much. Doesn't have the balls to actually make cuts to the budget, so we'll kick that deficit issue down the road for the next guy to clean up. A Paul Ryan presidency scared the sh*t out me. 

16 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I try really hard to avoid the subject of Trump. He's irrelevant. It's discouraging to see that kind of dude occupying the oval office, but other than the disastrous corporate giveaway, he hasn't done much. Doesn't have the balls to actually make cuts to the budget, so we'll kick that deficit issue down the road for the next guy to clean up. A Paul Ryan presidency scared the sh*t out me. 

Can you speak to this "disastrous corporate giveaway"?

I hope what you come up with is better than your emotional, and unreasoned screed after being provided with ample and sourced evidence of our Southern Border policy being tied directly to eliminating a robust modern slave trade.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Can you speak to this "disastrous corporate giveaway"?

I hope what you come up with is better than your emotional, and unreasoned screed after being provided with ample and sourced evidence of our Southern Border policy being tied directly to eliminating a robust modern slave trade.

85% of the cuts went to the top 1%. Now if you believe trickle down economics work, then so be it. Time will tell. Just don't sell it to me as a "middle class miracle."

I ascribe to socialist economic policies, so I'm naturally opposed to it. 

When people talk about making America great again, I think of a time when the CEO made 30 times what the worker made. Too many people are left behind right now and that's not really a partisan issue. I don't see either side making any appreciable difference. If you simply raised the minimum wage to adjust for inflation, it'd be nearly 20 dollars an hour. These fools are only asking for 15.

6 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

85% of the cuts went to the top 1%. Now if you believe trickle down economics work, then so be it. Time will tell. Just don't sell it to me as a "middle class miracle."

When people talk about making America great again, I think of a time when the CEO made 30 times what the worker made. Too many people are left behind right now and that's not really a partisan issue. I don't see either side making any appreciable difference. If you simply raised the minimum wage to adjust for inflation, it'd be nearly 20 dollars an hour. These fools are only asking for 15.

Yes, tax cuts go to people who pay taxes.  

Why is that so hard to understand?  People who don't pay taxes can't pay less taxes.

Surprise surprise............

POS CNN is using McCain's death as a political ploy to bash the President.

How convent they forgot that McCain and Trump were at SEVERE ODDS and that McCain himself didn't want Trump anywhere near his funeral.

Hey CNN and the rest of you bozos in MSM............... If Trump didn't want to say a word about McCain, that's fine. And if Trump wanted to take the high road praise McCain's life, Trump's way, that is fine too.

We were looking for a new low to which CNN would go to bash the President. They despicably used McCain's death as the new low.

Take a bow MSM.

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

You aren't "naturally opposed to it".

You've chosen to be opposed to it because you've chosen to subscribe to a set of economic theories which have directly led to the extermination and starvation of millions of people over the last century;  while at the same time ignoring the fact that the standard of living of the poorest Americans was drastically lower during the time when CEOs made 30 times what laborers made.

85% of the cuts went to the top 1% because that's who pays all the taxes.  The top 1% pays more than 40% of all taxes, and more than the bottom 95% of tax payers combined.  Relief naturally goes to the emburdened.  Where else could it go?

And the results?

Consumer confidence at an 18 year high

Record low black unemployment

US jobless rate at an 18 year low.[/I]

US "real" unemployment rate at a 17 year low, and falling faster than the official rate.

The falling away of pre-employment drug testing as employers struggle to find enough qualified candidates.

The DOW stabilizing near a record high.

401k savings at a record high.

6 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

You aren't "naturally opposed to it".

You've chosen to be opposed to it because you've chosen to subscribe to a set of economic theories which have directly led to the extermination and starvation of millions of people over the last century;  while at the same time ignoring the fact that the standard of living of the poorest Americans was drastically lower during the time when CEOs made 30 times what laborers made.

85% of the cuts went to the top 1% because that's who pays all the taxes.  The top 1% pays more than 40% of all taxes, and more than the bottom 95% of tax payers combined.  Relief naturally goes to the emburdened.  Where else could it go?

And the results?

Consumer confidence at an 18 year high

Record low black unemployment

US jobless rate at an 18 year low.[/I]

US "real" unemployment rate at a 17 year low, and falling faster than the official rate.

The falling away of pre-employment drug testing as employers struggle to find enough qualified candidates.

The DOW stabilizing near a record high.

401k savings at a record high.

Like when? When have neo-liberal economic principals led to starvation for million? G’head. Tell me.