When did Jags fans become so anti-Bills?

Roundybout

2 hours ago, JaxBills said:

Man, I'm laughing...

Really.  Y'all are funny!

Can I Raise you a clay, St. Johns and Nassua counties?

Forgot Jax Beach.  Different county there too.

No, he’s right. Jacksonville is counting the suburbs in their population. If western New York did the same it’s a whole different ball game.

2 minutes ago, fridge said:

No, he’s right. Jacksonville is counting the suburbs in their population. If western New York did the same it’s a whole different ball game.

2 hours ago, JaxBills said:

Man, I'm laughing...

Really.  Y'all are funny!

Can I Raise you a clay, St. Johns and Nassua counties?

Forgot Jax Beach.  Different county there too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population

Actually, Jacksonville's city proper is the 12th largest in the country as you can see in the table above. It's just that the city limits of Jacksonville are much larger - the population density of Jacksonville is much lower than Buffalo's. When you compare metro areas, you are correct, Buffalo and Jacksonville are much closer.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, fridge said:

Don’t they count all of Duval county? It’s all about where you draw the lines. 

Duval is a BIG county I believe. Some places, like GA, have tiny counties, and that makes a huge difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Big C said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population

Actually, Jacksonville's city proper is the 12th largest in the country as you can see in the table above. It's just that the city limits of Jacksonville are much larger - the population density of Jacksonville is much lower than Buffalo's. When you compare metro areas, you are correct, Buffalo and Jacksonville are much closer.

They incorporated all of Duval County. The city itself isn’t that large. If buffalo did something similar and incorporated Erie county, it would have a population of nearly 1 million.

Edited by joesixpack
  • Like (+1) 1

When we lived in Hilton Head, I banked a guy who was starting an insurance business. He kids to this day that I rolled over the same 90 day note to buy his $3k copy machine a world record number of times. I knew he’d make it....but I didn’t know he’d KILL IT. Last trip to Jax we sat in his seats where for $380+ you are outside, but have full access to the free food and bar indoors. He had four of those, plus four adjacent right outside the “zone”.  Not just burgers and dogs, but sautéed sea bass and other fine pleasures. It was a crazy great day. 

Edited by Augie

10 hours ago, Rico said:

Ive never been to Jacksonville, but i’ve been pretty much all over this country, and I’ve never met a Jags fan. In case I ever do, there’s some good info in this thread, thanks.

Funny story, the bar that I watched games at when I first moved to New Orleans had a handful of Jags fans. I found it totally fascinating. I became friends with them a few months later. It turns out it was Jack Del Rio’s daughter, husband (now ex) and his best friend. It’s like the only Jags fans I met don’t even count. 

That weekend was like those teen movies where those “try hard” high school kids throw a party when their parents go out-of-town. They do it to try to impress the cool kids and the prom queen. This was their big chance to fit in. The cool kids showed up, pissed on the floor, broke their grandmother’s antique vase, started a massive fire and left with the prom queen. 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Probably a stupid thread but screw it, I'm stuck at the car shop for another 2 hours and need some entertainment.

Geez, one good season and suddenly there are way more Jags fans out there than I remember, and for some reason they seem to congregate on articles concerning our Bills and talking **** about our quarterbacks and team. Funny considering their quarterback is Blake friggin Bottles, and theyve been a joke since the MJD era.

Do we have a new Florida rivalry brewing? 

You bought a Dodge?

4 hours ago, fansince88 said:

You bought a Dodge?

Honda. A few years of Buffalo winters rusted out the catalytic converter's heat shield.

I considered a Dodge Avenger until I discovered what a soulless grey coffin that and the rest of FCA's lineup is (except maybe the Challenger and the 500 Abarth)

Edited by BillsEnthusiast
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That weekend was like those teen movies where those “try hard” high school kids throw a party when their parents go out-of-town. They do it to try to impress the cool kids and the prom queen. This was their big chance to fit in. The cool kids showed up, pissed on the floor, broke their grandmother’s antique vase, started a massive fire and left with the prom queen. 

Just about sums it up! 

They're still reeling from the aftershock. 

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Honda. A few years of Buffalo winters rusted out the catalytic converter's heat shield.

I considered a Dodge Avenger until I discovered what a soulless grey coffin that and the rest of FCA's lineup is (except maybe the Challenger and the 500 Abarth)

All I own is Honda's. You can get 200k without an issue. Would be more if it weren't for the salt

Ideas of what could be driving the rivalry:

1) They got our old coaches  (Marrone/Hackett).

2) playoff battle last season. 

3) Both AFC teams so we play each other often (I’d say at least once every 2 years). 

4) both smaller market teams so we are similar sized franchises. We are comparable so that something that could cause competition.

5) they got out disgruntled D-lineman Marcel Darius. 

I keep saying it but this “rivalry” has literally EVERYTHING to do with the way that the Bills fans acted. We were everywhere and not behaved. There were people peeing in the streets. I saw a guy just jump through some random person’s cooler. I saw a table (half of one) thrown at a woman. That isn’t even including the fire after the game. It was the top story on the Jacksonville news the next day. There is no other reason. 

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I keep saying it but this “rivalry” has literally EVERYTHING to do with the way that the Bills fans acted. We were everywhere and not behaved. There were people peeing in the streets. I saw a guy just jump through some random person’s cooler. I saw a table (half of one) thrown at a woman. That isn’t even including the fire after the game. It was the top story on the Jacksonville news the next day. There is no other reason. 

Wow was it that bad? I wasn’t there.

I don’t know whether to be proud or ashamed. ?‍♂️ 

16 minutes ago, Idandria said:

We were fine. They just have no clue about team support.

Duuuuuuuuuuuvaaaaall!... ?‍♂️ smh 

17 minutes ago, Idandria said:

It was worse. Leading up to the game it was so incredibly impressive. The entire city was Bills fans. Once the drinking picked up and after the frustrating loss it was bad. I’m not even a little surprised that they don’t like us. 

On 8/20/2018 at 8:07 AM, BillsEnthusiast said:

Probably a stupid thread but screw it, I'm stuck at the car shop for another 2 hours and need some entertainment.

Geez, one good season and suddenly there are way more Jags fans out there than I remember, and for some reason they seem to congregate on articles concerning our Bills and talking **** about our quarterbacks and team. Funny considering their quarterback is Blake friggin Bottles, and theyve been a joke since the MJD era.

Do we have a new Florida rivalry brewing? 

We're basically the same team. And they're better in every way so far. Add our jags castoffs (quite a few), the playoff game, and why not get into it with your rival emerging small market team? Iss fun

We also have seemed to have a played each other a LOT the past couple of years. Pretty well matched every time.

3 hours ago, fansince88 said:

All I own is Honda's. You can get 200k without an issue. Would be more if it weren't for the salt

Yeah, I like my Fit. There's one I saw that has nearly 500k on it, still running well.