Bills defenders praise Josh Allen.

PIZ

4 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

He'll start when we're out of contention and be worked into games.  No need to start day one. That said I trust McBeane to figure out what's best.

Yeah, just waste the season.

Just tell a bunch of players to sacrifice their bodies (in at least one case a player likely playing his final season), stay focused, and devote themselves to winning, while a Grade A prospect that has been playing really well, keeps improving weekly, and gives a noticeable boost to the whole team whenever he steps on the field, just stands waiting on the sidelines.

Then when the season is dusted, THEN you send him in, and tell the players to "trust the process".

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Tyrod passed for 22 yards.

If you want to read what I'm saying I didn't say I don't want him to start.  I was all for Allen when most said he was the worst QB in the draft.

I want to see him with the starters in the first quarter next week but I'm not anointing him the starter.  It's a competition he has to win it.  Which means he has to play well 1st team against 1st team.  Not 1st team against backups.

I'm not as foolish as others.

It seems the professional coaches agree with me.  Slow down dude.

Well, thats comforting.

12 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

Peterman is nowhere close even to Fitz.

He will dream of having a career like Fitz.

Classic!

Maybe this season he can go for 6 in a half, and REALLY gain experience! Talk about seeing the sunny side of life.

Sadly you misunderstood what I said...

8 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Sadly you misunderstood what I said...

Sadly, I know exactly what you said.

Sadly, you think that throwing 5 interceptions in a half, but then beating a crap team in a snow blizzard game, and having reasonable success in a couple preseason games (wasn't he decent in his rookie preseason, the one before he threw 5 in the real season?) is somehow solid enough proof to assume he has "overcome" the adversity. And that those interceptions were the building blocks for his current "success', and some kind of "advantage". 

Laughable.

Edited by OJ Tom

1 hour ago, JaxBills said:

I wasn't saying you in particular.  Or I would have said you in particular.

My point to you was he's checking the boxes.  Further it's my stated opinion he still needs to play well next week.

My merged post reiderates how mad it seems to me, that after being maybe the Best rookie QB so far, he is viewed as that kid who isnt on par with the other rookie QBs.

No he's light years ahead.  I viewed him as the 2nd Best behind Mayfield.  Now I see why he was viewed by the front office as the #1 QB.  Part of worries about his confidence getting damaged while another part of me thinks it can't be.  That is an it factor that both he and Peterman seem to have.  Peterman doesn't have the physical tools that Allen has but he does have the it factor.  He will be a top shelf backup for us (or some good trade bait) for a few years and then he will start elsewhere.

If Allen is ready then that's awesome.  If not, Peterman is clearly ready and improved.  A lot of you can't see what's right in front of your face because your busy looking at game tape from a single game last year.  Guess what.  Sometimes rookies have really bad games but the way they respond to that adversity is far more important than their first ever start in the NFL their rookie season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

No he's light years ahead.  I viewed him as the 2nd Best behind Mayfield.  Now I see why he was viewed by the front office as the #1 QB.  Part of worries about his confidence getting damaged while another part of me thinks it can't be.  That is an it factor that both he and Peterman seem to have.  Peterman doesn't have the physical tools that Allen has but he does have the it factor.  He will be a top shelf backup for us (or some good trade bait) for a few years and then he will start elsewhere.

If Allen is ready then that's awesome.  If not, Peterman is clearly ready and improved.  A lot of you can't see what's right in front of your face because your busy looking at game tape from a single game last year.  Guess what.  Sometimes rookies have really bad games but the way they respond to that adversity is far more important than their first ever start in the NFL their rookie season.

Didnt mean to come off as a richard too bud. 

Peterman went to HS about 15 min. From my house.  Trust me, I've been routing for him.  I think he has all the tools but an arm.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Pretty high praise from Hyde.

He will be our starter, before the last game players didnt talk this much about him or maybe weren't allowed.  Now you have so many players praising him. Its obvious they want him to start, you don't need to praise a guy like this unless you trust and want him playing with you.

Dude balls. He's ready. Like are we defining "ready" as only starting when he's at his peak? He's the best QB on the roster. That's ready. Quarterbacks typically have a lot to improve on after their first starting year lol. So I don't know what ready means unless it's holding him back until he's so tired of being in the bench for 4 years being the best QB, he rage plays the end of his contract and gets out of dodge.

This is encouraging.  If Taylor was still here you wouldn't be hearing this from anybody.  This is a sales pitch by his teammates for Josh Allen to be the starter because they believe he will give them the best chance to win.  I think the odds of Allen winning the starting job is good at this point (we'll see how the 3rd preseason game goes).  If Peterman does win the job, my guess is he won't be on the field for long.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not sure how it's off topic with a quote by McDermott that said "but I love the fact that Josh is earning the trust and respect of his teammates."

I meant my comment about liking the hat was off topic.  My post about the hat was off topic, not the McDermott quote

3 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

Yeah, just waste the season.

Just tell a bunch of players to sacrifice their bodies (in at least one case a player likely playing his final season), stay focused, and devote themselves to winning, while a Grade A prospect that has been playing really well, keeps improving weekly, and gives a noticeable boost to the whole team whenever he steps on the field, just stands waiting on the sidelines.

Then when the season is dusted, THEN you send him in, and tell the players to "trust the process".

Take it up with McBeane. After the bozo FOs we've had the past few decades these guys get the benefit of the doubt with me.