A pleasant surprise? The misfit toys at the WR position.

Tipster19

22 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I guess it was perfect because Lee caught it. But,..... If rolling out and falling backwards throwing off your back foot constitutes "perfect", so be it. 

That was a hell of a throw. All arm on Allen and perfect ball placement. Most QB's wish they could make that throw and few try it. We have a gunslinger in the making. 

Said it before.  And I'll say it again.  Wide Receiver is the most overrated position in the league.

You don't need superstars at WR. 

You need guys who can get just enough separation... along with fairly reliable hands.

Ultimately, our success in the passing game will depend on the starting Quarterback, and how well he plays. 

Nothing else matters if the QB can't make the correct read, release the ball quick enough and deliver the pass in an accurate fashion.

• Like (+1) 2

Beating a dead horse here, but let’s see how they look once KB gets smashed on his knee again.  And again and again. Hopefully it’s healed and isn’t something he’ll be dealing with all season.  ??

If Zay has made strides and lives up to his billing as a 2nd rd pick, we just might be ok.  I love the Kerley pick up and I think he may end up being our leading pass catcher.  Coleman is the wild card.  I don’t think he ever lives up to his draft status but if he can turn into a solid #2 and take the top off the D it might be enough.  I love what I’ve seen from McCloud, but I’m tempering my expectations and don’t expect much from him this season.  Holmes is just meh to me but Streater looks solid.  But can he play special teams?

2 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

That was a hell of a throw. All arm on Allen and perfect ball placement. Most QB's wish they could make that throw and few try it. We have a gunslinger in the making. 

That's a play/throw that makes me uneasy because I don't see it translating well at all at the NFL level. He should throw it away rather than risk the turnover. But I will say this. He was under similar pressure a lot at WYO and I have seen him make the exact same play/throw in his college game tape, at least once for a TD and another time for a sizeable gain. So it's not a fluke. I find it incredible that he can manage the outcome on a throw like that enuf to make it a risk worth taking but hey maybe he can. His arm talent is simply amazing, we all know. If his field vision and ball placement can be so good as to permit that kind of throw to result in completions then his talent goes way beyond simple arm strength (whether he should be making that throw or not). In other words it strongly suggests that he is not just another Kyle Boller.

7 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

^^^^This...

This group can only be thought as marginally acceptable if KB stays on the field. No other WR will draw the same attention and allow others to work freely due to their limitations.

How many teams have a #2 who draws as much attention as their #1?

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

How many teams have a #2 who draws as much attention as their #1?

That's my point Shaw. Without KB out there at #one which of these WRs do you feel needs extra attention from the opposing Defense? Zay? We can only hope he's healthy and doesn't drop it. Coleman?  I have hope he can be the deep  threat we need. Kerley? Journeyman slot guy. There's nobody to keep the secondary honest.