Here it is! My new all time favorite program!! -- Bills Embedded

astb41

On 8/15/2018 at 11:01 PM, jkx2 said:

It lacked the NFL Film cinematography. The close  intimacy you see from their camera guys. No jib or high end production tools. Some drone work might have been nice to see. Other than coach you didn't get a feel for players and who they are. It just didn't have the overall depth Hard Knocks. Does. And just to let you know I've been a cinematographer/producer/ filmmaker for 35 years and have won Emmy awards for similar type programs. 

Props on the successes and thanks for the answer. Studied film myself, but never worked in the industry. 

On 8/16/2018 at 12:21 AM, Hedge said:

I agree. The thing you need to take into account, however, is that this was produced by the team itself, so obviously the production and editing are extremely biased. Hard Knocks has no interest in making the Browns out to be anything other than the clown show it is.

Good point. I do still think Hue is low hanging fruit for that.

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Thanks for sharing this! 

Its nice to see some (more) of the national media noticing how impressive Sean McDermott is. 

Thats an ex-player saying (some of) those things, too. He’s been in NFL locker rooms and knows how players talk/think. So his words carry some weight on this subject IMO. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/15/2018 at 11:01 PM, jkx2 said:

It lacked the NFL Film cinematography. The close  intimacy you see from their camera guys. No jib or high end production tools. Some drone work might have been nice to see. Other than coach you didn't get a feel for players and who they are. It just didn't have the overall depth Hard Knocks. Does. And just to let you know I've been a cinematographer/producer/ filmmaker for 35 years and have won Emmy awards for similar type programs. 

jk, I seriously need to ask what difference this makes?  Does it have to have the overall depth of Hard Knocks? Does it need high end production tools?

Plus how do we know what future episodes hold for us, we may get more of a feel for the players and other coaches.  We may get drone work, who knows.   The first episode was all about the process, which of course would mostly be McDermott.

All I care about is that I enjoyed it.  It was very entertaining and it pumped me up.  I know it is a promotional tool and the slant is going to be positive, but I don't care.  I want positive, things have been negative for too long.

You probably consider this a puff piece, but all I know is that I can't wait for number 2 because number 1 was awsome as far as I am concerned.  As long as they stay entertaining I'll tune in week after week.

6 minutes ago, SinatraSinger said:

jk, I seriously need to ask what difference this makes?  Does it have to have the overall depth of Hard Knocks? Does it need high end production tools?

Plus how do we know what future episodes hold for us, we may get more of a feel for the players and other coaches.  We may get drone work, who knows.   The first episode was all about the process, which of course would mostly be McDermott.

All I care about is that I enjoyed it.  It was very entertaining and it pumped me up.  I know it is a promotional tool and the slant is going to be positive, but I don't care.  I want positive, things have been negative for too long.

You probably consider this a puff piece, but all I know is that I can't wait for number 2 because number 1 was awsome as far as I am concerned.  As long as they stay entertaining I'll tune in week after week.

Agreed, I couldn't care less about the film cinematography.  It's all about content for me, things you don't normally get to see or hear.  The Tre ice tub scene is awesome, the kid is so fun on and off the field!

• Like (+1) 1