Car towing videos from Dallas

An internet service provider here in Dallas is located one block away from all of the "hip" and "trendy" clubs in the Deep Ellum neighborhood.

And clubgoers keep parking in his parking lot even though there are plenty of "towing" signs posted:

Street View

So he has created a YouTube channel from his surveillance cameras that show all of the towing that takes place (as well as other R-rated activity):

YouTube

Year ago I lived a couple blocks from a popular nightlife strip in CT that had limited parking.  Across the street from my place was an apt building with a big lot that had plenty of Resident Parking Only/Towing signs and plenty of cars that ignored the signs.

On Friday and Saturday nights the tow truck ran non-stop.  It was pretty funny seeing drunk idiots showing up at 1am staggering around the lot looking for their car that weren't there.

3 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

An internet service provider here in Dallas is located one block away from all of the "hip" and "trendy" clubs in the Deep Ellum neighborhood.

And clubgoers keep parking in his parking lot even though there are plenty of "towing" signs posted:

Street View

So he has created a YouTube channel from his surveillance cameras that show all of the towing that takes place (as well as other R-rated activity):

YouTube

That's probably the best you ever posted.  Wasted 45 minutes.  I never realized that is the way tow trucks worked these days.   

Oh, Sweet Mama, Your Daddy's Got Them Deep Elem Blues.

4 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Street View

YouTube

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks Dallas, this is a fantastic series of videos! 

I enjoyed this one I'm attaching.  Note the puking girl toward the end.  She vomits no less than three times in the span of 15 paces or so.  What I admired was how she literally almost doesn't break strike and just keeps moving along.  Such efficiency!  She looks like she's done this sort of thing, oh, about 10,000 times and it's no big deal to her whatsoever.

If she'll puke and keep moving like this without so much as a blink of an eye, what will she do to you in bed!?

• 3 months later...

I had a reserved parking spot I paid for on a busy road in the summer. Every morning when I would come home from work sure enough some Lexus, BMW or any other high end car would park. Well you didnt call the tow company b.c it was bought from the township so you call the police station. They slap a $150 ticket on it, they have a special towing for it which costs $190+$90 each day you waited. 

On 11/24/2018 at 5:07 PM, Boca BIlls said:

I had a reserved parking spot I paid for on a busy road in the summer. Every morning when I would come home from work sure enough some Lexus, BMW or any other high end car would park. Well you didnt call the tow company b.c it was bought from the township so you call the police station. They slap a $150 ticket on it, they have a special towing for it which costs $190+$90 each day you waited. 

Sucky thing about having a BMW... I just got pinched for $100 @ red light camera in Chicago a few weeks back. I couldn't make it to line, where the sensor is before it went yellow to red.  I can see it on the video that the yellow was shortened.  I should have just slammed on brakes and took chance of getting rear ended.  It was rush hour.  I cleared as fast as possible.

But having a higher end car, double edge sword... Can't cry poor mouth in court.  Yet, get pinched getting tagged punching it through shortened yellow... Or jamming on brakes and get rear ended.

Anyway... Only game now is to delay, drag it out... Raise the "cost of doing business" for them.  In Illinois, maximum is $100 can only go up to $200 if I fail to pay.  Drag it out, hopefully get contiuance, etc... Raises time and $$$$ they have to spend on me than if I just paid right away.

If everybody would just drag the legal process out it would raise the cost of enforcing these things.  Not saying, I won't fold... But not before I cost them admin $$$$.  My time is free.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow... That was a fast grab and go.

I wonder if you booted Your own if it is towable?

Sure seems pretty easier to steal a car.

Just for giggles... Go to that lot an see.  Test all kinds of devices.

2 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

LoL... "Tinkle Timer!"

That's why The North is great.  A snowbank works great at clean up...Easy way to clean hands, whatever...

• 11 months later...

Lots to unpack in this one.

1) Dancing tow truck guy clearly enjoy the celebrity
2) Hell yes to light blue dress skank

3) I was fascinated that they didn't initially walk to the actual parking spot when they noticed the car missing.  People almost always walk to the exact spot.

4) I find it odd that no one, including the cops, pointed out any of the dozen '24 hour customer parking' signs.  Those signs usually have the number of the tow company.

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2018 at 4:24 PM, BuffaloBud said:

Was in Paris (France, not Texas) and watched how they towed cars there.  The cars are so small and parked so tight against each other the towers use two straps and a small crane to lift the car out of its parking space and onto a flat bed.

There were probably 2 or 3 cars waiting for that space too.