50 of the Most Outstanding Album Covers of All Time

TSNBDSC

On 8/16/2018 at 3:34 PM, BillsFanNC said:

SteelPantherBallsOut600Gb250112.jpg

I learned in college what the term “balls out” really means.  In the old days of steam engines, the speed was controlled by a govervnor that used centrifugal (or centripetal, if you prefer) force.  The faster the engine went, the farther out the balls on the governor would swing, or fly.  It was referred to as a “fly ball governor” since the balls fly out at high speed.  Thus, when the engine is going fast, the engine is going “balls out.”  The term “balls to the wall” is a variation of the same thing.

Watt's_Flyball_Governor.gif

Edited by Gray Beard

7 hours ago, row_33 said:

Took about 20 years to get the bottom cover available on the market

that beggars bangquet cover is supposed to have Keith's drug dealer phone # or something on the graffiti somewhere

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:32 PM, Gray Beard said:

I learned in college what the term “balls out” really means.  In the old days of steam engines, the speed was controlled by a govervnor that used centrifugal (or centripetal, if you prefer) force.  The faster the engine went, the farther out the balls on the governor would swing, or fly.  It was referred to as a “fly ball governor” since the balls fly out at high speed.  Thus, when the engine is going fast, the engine is going “balls out.”  The term “balls to the wall” is a variation of the same thing.

Watt's_Flyball_Governor.gif

I'd just like to say that I was in complete shock when I realized this wasn't posted by Exiled.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

He only had one? Spanish Tony?

yep I recall reading that somewhere.  Also take a look at Exile On Main Street cover. One photo jumps out at you.  Which one jumped out?

3 Balls Charlie.  The dude would put a golf ball, billiards ball, and tennis ball in his mouth, and whistle and juggle!

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

yep I recall reading that somewhere.  Also take a look at Exile On Main Street cover. One photo jumps out at you.  Which one jumped out?

3 Balls Charlie.  The dude would put a golf ball, billiards ball, and tennis ball in his mouth, and whistle and juggle!

That’s the one, grew up on vinyl so the covers were a lot more obvious.

not sure the CD or later versions gave us the full intent of what Jagger is doing on the front of Goats Head Soul.