Marcus Murphy- #2 rb?

NewEra

He really impresses me.  Really good short area quickness and acceleration.  Seems to have really good vision and he makes the most out of the majority of his runs.  I’ve long been a fan of Ivory and his running style. He’s a solid goal line guy and change of pace for shady.  Murphy just looks like a better RB at this point.  Thoughts on him?  I didn’t see him much in college, but my buddy is a big Missouri fan and raves about him (of course he does, he’s a mizzou fan). Kids got great hands is a threat catching the ball and on returns (not like that matters much anymore).

What at do you guys think about him?  Am I nuts thinking he has a chance to beat out ivory for #2.   Gonna be a tough guy to cut.  Between he a cadet (who I’ve also liked since his saints days) we may have to keep 4 RBs?  Who gets cut?  I’d hate to make that decision. 

Kinda funny that our #2, 3 and 4 RBs were all saints 

5 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

I personally don't see what Ivory brings that Murphy doesnt already do better. Its gonna take some pretty good play from Ivory for me to change my mind on that signing.

And that is made off of Ivroy’s blistering 1 run and 2 TGTs??

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think he sticks. Bills keep 4 

McCoy

Ivory

Cadet

Murphy 

IMO, it’s McCoy, Ivory and Murphy. Ivory has a 2 million guarantee so I doubt he would get cut. Jones, Cadet and Ford are going to have a hard time beating Murphy out!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, brianthomas said:

If i was questioning the signing from when he was 1st signed then that would be a no

Have you seen him at camp??  All reports I have read on him from camp have been great. 

Personally I would rather have Less Ivory’s but for a year his will be a huge upgrade to Tolbert 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TFBillsfan said:

IMO, it’s McCoy, Ivory and Murphy. Ivory has a 2 million guarantee so I doubt he would get cut. Jones, Cadet and Ford are going to have a hard time beating Murphy out!

Yeah for sure, no way Ivory gets cut with that contract. I pretty much think we roll with those 3 u mentioned.

Just now, TFBillsfan said:

That wasnt really in no major Order. Just that they will keep 4. McCoy, Ivory, Murphy and Cadet (who offers somethint more in line with McCoy skillset wise than Ivroy and Murphy). 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Have you seen him at camp??  All reports I have read on him from camp have been great. 

Personally I would rather have Less Ivory’s but for a year his will be a huge upgrade to Tolbert 

lol anything would be an upgrade to Tolbert, heck we could argue that you would be. I understand the signing, it makes sense, but for the money, for his age, for what he brings on the field, i think u can get equal production from a younger back at a fraction of the cost. Marcus Murphy showed that last night.

1 minute ago, brianthomas said:

lol anything would be an upgrade to Tolbert, heck we could argue that you would be. I understand the signing, it makes sense, but for the money, for his age, for what he brings on the field, i think u can get equal production from a younger back at a fraction of the cost. Marcus Murphy showed that last night.

I get it. Personally I wish Ford would step up. It would be nice to have a YOung RB with the age of the 4 we will likely roll with. Murphy being the youngest at 27. 

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I get it. Personally I wish Ford would step up. It would be nice to have a YOung RB with the age of the 4 we will likely roll with. Murphy being the youngest at 27. 

from the reports out of camp, Ford has been doing pretty good. But practice is one thing & actual game conditions is another. The line in the 2nd half didn't play up to the level of the 1's & 2's, so maybe that effected Ford's play. If anything, if he doesn't make the team which at this point it looks like a long shot, maybe they sign him to the practice squad. Still too early to tell though where all the chips are gonna lie. These next preseason games are gonna be interesting thats for sure

12 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

from the reports out of camp, Ford has been doing pretty good. But practice is one thing & actual game conditions is another. The line in the 2nd half didn't play up to the level of the 1's & 2's, so maybe that effected Ford's play. If anything, if he doesn't make the team which at this point it looks like a long shot, maybe they sign him to the practice squad. Still too early to tell though where all the chips are gonna lie. These next preseason games are gonna be interesting thats for sure

Ford had two false starts and missed picking up a block that resulted in a sack. Not a good night for him.