Allen should start with #1's

44 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Did Peterman distinguish himself over AJ in practice? Not to my knowledge. All things being equal, the senior guy should get the start.

I get the Bama jealousy. Racking up National Championships does that.

I read it differently than you.  McD made a sound "locker room" decision because every guy on the roster from last year probably respects NP for what he went through last year.  

Good move by McD IMHO.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Add Greg Cowell to the list of knowledgeable football minds that wants to see Allen get the start next week or week three.

Of course. Why not. See what he can do and what the gap is between him and McCarron/Peterman.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

And I disagree with McDermott on the decision. And for the record, I like Peterman. McCarron is the better player and he should have gotten the courtesy start, imo.

I don't think it's a case of a clear 1 and a clear 2 for McD.  I think he was planning on alternating the two in the first two weeks and then go with the number 1 for the third preseason game.  It's not real controversial if you ask me.  If anything, I get the feeling that he's setting McCarron up better, purposely, so that he can get consecutive starts in the second and third preseason game.

1 minute ago, stony said:

I read it differently than you.  McD made a sound "locker room" decision because every guy on the roster from last year probably respects NP for what he went through last year.  

Good move by McD IMHO.

Not sure how good it was for the QB room. Hopefully it was a good decision. Do you really see Peterman starting over McCarron in the regular season?

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

You're right! I meant game 4.

So you don't want to see him with number one talent? He needs top assets around him and he needs to be tested by the opposing team's best.Him playing behind our number three o line for a full 4 Qtrs might end his season ,meaning a severe injury.Sorry,I have to disagree with you.Go Irish.

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

Not sure how good it was for the QB room. Hopefully it was a good decision. Do you really see Peterman starting over McCarron in the regular season?

TBH, probably not.  

But neither (to my knowledge) has done anything to really outpace the other in camp thus far.  

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

So you don't want to see him with number one talent? He needs top assets around him and he needs to be tested by the opposing team's best.Him playing behind our number three o line for a full 4 Qtrs might end his season ,meaning a severe injury.Sorry,I have to disagree with you.Go Irish.

I do not. His decision-making last game was suspect and frankly it's not dissimilar to what we saw from him at times in college. He needs time to learn how to be a pro. I think he will be a good QB in this league eventually, but he needs at least a year on the bench. The worst thing that could happen to this kid is an injury facing legit pass rushers that would tank his development for a year. 

4 hours ago, Yeezus said:

B+ is very generous. he gets a solid C. Missed quite a few throws, but made up for it with some plays with his legs. Arm strength is there but still needs work on the deep connection with the WR's. 

Did you watch the game?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Juror#8 said:

Allen looked like he had one professional live action game under his belt. Allen is a gunslinger and a playmaker in the making. He will be fine. 

As an aside, why do people insist on adding an apostrophe + s to most words that ends in an “s” though that word possesses/owns nothing in the sentence? 

“Allen should start with the 1’s.”  

The one’s what? Finish the sentence. You used an apostrophe + s so there has to be something else there. Does that one own a car or a house or some Vaseline intensive care? 

What does that mean? What the !@#$ does the “1” own in this instance? I get it ... “grammar shmammar,” right? But what is so hard about dropping the misplaced apostrophe and making the sentence actually make sense?

Why not, simply: “Allen should start with the 1s.”

Boom. Easy. Shows a mastery of really basic English and one less keystroke to boot. 

To me that’s too easy not to do. 

Sorry, along with improper usage of “than” and “then” it’s just a pet peeve. 

Punctuation is a lost art. It makes me ill when I see so many people put an apostrophe in a simple plural noun. Instead of "dogs" it's "dog's"; instead of "Bills" it's "Bill's."

"The Buffalo Bill's."

Just shoot me now.

As far as the QB thing and Allen go, it's interesting to see the many vehemently held opinions.

I was skeptical about Allen but he's shown some things that are remarkable. But I'm not ready to say he should be starting. As McDermott said, you want the rest of the team believing that the man playing QB is their best chance to win. When the team believes that—not you or me—then the change will be inevitable. 

Edited by Dr. K

40 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

I honestly didn't see much difference between the two last night. Both looked relatively good.

There's no clear cut starter at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

He hasn't earned it yet. 

He was the 3rd best QB wearing a Bills uniform last night. At this point the other two guys are better quarterbacks. 

53 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

And I disagree with McDermott on the decision. And for the record, I like Peterman. McCarron is the better player and he should have gotten the courtesy start, imo.

Coach Happy Clap and Co. have forgotten more about football and talent evaluation than every member of this board will ever know.

We should ALL Trust The Process.

So Say We All.

Edited by MILFHUNTER#518
Grammar

Just now, joesixpack said:

Proof. Post it.

Take a look at every throw and tell me which ones were bad decisions.

I can count one.

One.

Yep. That's it. And it was fourth down. I bet he doesn't make that decision if it was third. 

He made very few bad decisions and a lot of good ones. I liked his game when I watched it live. When I watched the replay it looked even better. The third bomb to Foster was just insane. 

34 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I do not. His decision-making last game was suspect and frankly it's not dissimilar to what we saw from him at times in college. He needs time to learn how to be a pro. I think he will be a good QB in this league eventually, but he needs at least a year on the bench. The worst thing that could happen to this kid is an injury facing legit pass rushers that would tank his development for a year. 

What was suspect about his decision making? There were 2 miscommunications, who’s fault those were we have no idea, and a bad decisions on 4th down. The rest of the throws weren’t bad decisions at all.

Just now, joesixpack said:

Proof. Post it.

Take a look at every throw and tell me which ones were bad decisions.

I can count one.

One.

Yup.

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

What was suspect about his decision making? There were 2 miscommunications, who’s fault those were we have no idea, and a bad decisions on 4th down. The rest of the throws weren’t bad decisions at all.

Yup.

This is just people who hated the pick doubling down.

That's all it is.

• Like (+1) 4