Bills' Preseason Week 1 Game Day vs. Carolina - 7 PM ET at New Era Field

3 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

Incredible throw into a tiny window...

Wow.  The bottom line is this -- if Allen learns not to make "dumb" mistakes (like the 4th down play) he is going to make a number of these sorts of throws each game.  DBs will have a hard time picking him off because the ball is there so quickly.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Thanks man. 

What did you do to get it to embed? 

I dont have a problem with YouTube videos or tweets. 

What am I doing wrong with this link? I copy the address at the top of the page and paste it here. 

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I didn't really have an opinion before tonight's game. But now I'm definitely not a fan of how they are managing Allen.

You invest all this draft capital in him, say you might red shirt him, he's the future. Then you play him behind an oline of all guys you're going to cut. If you're going to red shirt him, red shirt him. I don't want him out their behind a bunch of bums taking hits for no reason. It's pointless. He had little to no help tonight, I'm not even sure how you can evaluate a lot of what he did tonight given what he's working with.

Remember when Rex was ridiculed for playing Sanchez behind a bunch of bums and got hurt? How about that going for it on 4th down play? That had that bs written all over it.

But whatever, it's McDermott, not Ryan. So it can't be the same.

Right now they're trying to figure out who starts opening day. Allen is not in that race.  His time will come. 

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

Thanks man. 

What did you do to get it to embed? 

I dont have a problem with YouTube videos or tweets. 

What am I doing wrong with this link? I copy the address at the top of the page and paste it here. 

The NFL.com/Bills' links don't embed directly.  YouTube and Facebook do.  The one I linked is YouTube.

10 minutes ago, eball said:

Wow.  The bottom line is this -- if Allen learns not to make "dumb" mistakes (like the 4th down play) he is going to make a number of these sorts of throws each game.  DBs will have a hard time picking him off because the ball is there so quickly.

The FB missed his blocking assignment...you can't blame Allen.

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

The FB missed his blocking assignment...you can't blame Allen.

No, you can't blame Allen for the missed block.  You CAN blame him for running around like a Keystone Kop and then hurling the ball into trouble as he's going down.

9 minutes ago, eball said:

No, you can't blame Allen for the missed block.  You CAN blame him for running around like a Keystone Kop and then hurling the ball into trouble as he's going down.

But it was 4th down...  Did you want him to throw it away?  I have no problem with him trying to make a play there.

10 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

But it was 4th down...  Did you want him to throw it away?  I have no problem with him trying to make a play there.

What he did could have resulted in a scoring play the other way.  Look, I'm rooting for the kid and thought he played well, but that was a boneheaded play.

• Like (+1) 1

Peterman: "Always Things to Learn From" (2:54)

QB Nathan Peterman discusses his performance against the Carolina Panthers in the first preseason game of 2018.

Allen: "I Love this Game Even More" (4:24)

Bills QB Josh Allen spoke to the media following the team's game against the Panthers. Allen discussed what it was like playing in his first professional game and what he learned from his performance.

McCarron: "I was Proud of the Guys" (1:58)

Bills QB AJ McCarron spoke to the media following the team's preseason opener against the Panthers. McCarron discussed the team's rotation at quarterback and shared his thoughts on his play in the game.

10 minutes ago, eball said:

What he did could have resulted in a scoring play the other way.  Look, I'm rooting for the kid and thought he played well, but that was a boneheaded play.

He didn't have many options, especially if you believe (as I do) that he wrote off Foster as a receiving option after two alligator arms efforts.

40 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Meh essentially was trying to throw it away. He’s lucky that wasn’t picked off. He was probably told never to do that again. Hope he learns from these mistakes 

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Meh essentially was trying to throw it away. He’s lucky that wasn’t picked off. He was probably told never to do that again. Hope he learns from these mistakes 

I think he was trying to make a play and get it to someone, but it got tipped up in the air.  An incompletion in that scenario is the same as a turnover.

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

This is the only point -- I don't understand why several of you aren't getting it.  Nobody said he had good options on a busted play, just that what he chose to do could have been a much worse result (pick-6) than eating the ball or truly throwing it out of bounds.  It's not a huge deal in a preseason game, obviously, but he can't make that decision in a game that matters.