Rep. Chris Collins arrested over insider trading charges

ALF

18 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Image result for trump anxiety disorder meme

You guys should know the symptoms....you had Obama anxiety disorder for 8 years and somehow that turned into Hillary fixation disorder

17 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

You're a liberal, you don't pray. You're the Antichrist, remember?

Please tell me what posts I have written that are liberal....I definitely don't pray but for Collins I will...heaven knows we need more people of his moral content governing us...

This should be a BIG weekend for you...the anniversary of Heather Hayer's murder....another opportunity for you to make light of it...

18 minutes ago, baskin said:

You guys should know the symptoms....you had Obama anxiety disorder for 8 years and somehow that turned into Hillary fixation disorder

Please tell me what posts I have written that are liberal....I definitely don't pray but for Collins I will...heaven knows we need more people of his moral content governing us...

This should be a BIG weekend for you...the anniversary of Heather Hayer's murder....another opportunity for you to make light of it...

Somehow we missed out on the hot chocolate, onesies and screaming rooms.

19 minutes ago, baskin said:

I don't know who Heather hayer is. Nor care.

And it was a tongue in cheek reference to you being a liberal.  You're a liberal.  

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I don't know who Heather hayer is. Nor care.

And it was a tongue in cheek reference to you being a liberal.  You're a liberal.  

No, he's a Republican.

Really.  

No, seriously.  Just ask him.

Yes, really.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, baskin said:

"You guys"... nothing like lumping one diverse group of individuals into one bucket. It's what fascists do, right? 

I voted (sadly, in retrospect) for Obama not once but twice - despite him turning back on every single campaign plank he ran on which mattered to me: surveillance (doubled under his watch), drone strikes (damn near tripled), transparency (prosecuted more whistleblowers than any other administration), and foreign policy (was supposed to improve the situation, he made it exponentially worse). 

You're terrible at this whole comprehension thing. 

On 8/8/2018 at 12:51 PM, Boyst62 said:

So, anytime a passerby says this whole thing is a right wing circle jerk maybe they can correctly see in this thread that it goes both ways.

LOL

3 pages in and the thread has turned into another right wing idiot fest. Keep it up, folks!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Chris Collins suspends his re-election campaign 'for the good of the party and Trump's agenda'

"After extensive discussions with my family and friends over the last few days, I have decided that it is in the best interests of the constituents of NY-27, the Republican Party and President Trump's agenda for me to suspend my campaign for re-election to Congress," Collins said in a statement.

Chris Collins suspends reelection campaign following insider trading charges

And I bet there is now a mad scramble to be the R who gets his seat. (It is a pretty red area in NYS.)

“No person is above the law, not the president or his first supporter in Congress,” Pelosi said in a statement. “This insufficient and overdue announcement does little to drain the toxic cesspool of self-enrichment, special interest deals and corruption that has proliferated in Washington under GOP control.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/new-york-congressman-facing-insider-trading-charges-suspends-bid/2018/08/11/92c818ba-9d72-11e8-b60b-1c897f17e185_story.html?utm_term=.d34918d8f7fd

She is right 

http://observer.com/2017/07/corruption-scandal-democratic-party/

Former DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz was pulled into yet another scandal when on July 25 former IT aide Imran Awan was detained while attempting to flee the country and charged with bank fraud for wiring nearly $300,000 to Pakistan ahead of his planned escape. Imran Awan, who was employed by Wasserman Schultz until his arrest, is under criminal investigation for “wide-range equipment and data theft.” He reportedly tried to destroy hard drives confiscated by the FBI. Though the investigation began in February, Wasserman Schultz only recently granted U.S. Capitol Police access to a laptop Awan hid in a crevice of a congressional office building. The case is one of many scandals that have engulfed the Democratic Party.

In Pennsylvania, Democratic Mayor of Allentown Ed Pawlowski and former Democratic Mayor of Reading Vaughn Spencer, along with three others, were indicted by the FBI on July 26 for a pay-to-play scheme. Earlier this year in Pennsylvania, Philadelphia’s District Attorney Seth Williams, a Democrat, decided not to run for re-election because he currently faces an FBI probe into $160,000 of gifts he failed to report.

Democratic Congressman Robert Brady, who represents Pennsylvania’s first congressional district, is under FBI investigation for paying a primary challenger to drop out of the race in 2012. Brady, one of the longest serving Democrats in Congress, is the latest Democratic congressman to come under FBI scrutiny. Last year, Democratic Congressman Chaka Fattah was convicted and sentenced to prison for corruption charges. Fattah had been in office since 1995.

Seattle Democratic Mayor Ed Murray isn’t running for re-election this year due to a sex abuse scandal he is implicated in.

The Democratic National Committee (DNC) is plagued by corruption and inefficiency. It currently faces an ongoing class action lawsuit filed by Sen. Bernie Sanders‘ supporters for rigging the primaries in favor of Hillary Clinton. Another class action lawsuit was filed earlier this year on behalf of Clinton campaign field organizers who weren’t paid overtime, despite the Democratic National Convention Committee handing out $1 million in bonuses.

In May 2017, former Democratic Congresswoman Corinne Brown was convicted on several charges related to a fraudulent charity. She had served in Congress since 1993. The Florida Democratic Party chair race in January 2017 was rife with scandal: Billionaire donor Stephen Bittel broke the party’s rules to win the controversial race.