Rep. Chris Collins arrested over insider trading charges

ALF

2 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Didn't Nancy Pelosi somehow magically become a millionaire through her husband getting massive contracts, after she entered Congress?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2007/jan/12/20070112-120720-2734r/

House Republicans yesterday declared “something fishy” about the major tuna company in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s San Francisco district being exempted from the minimum-wage increase that Democrats approved this week.

“I am shocked,” said Rep. Eric Cantor, Virginia Republican and his party’s chief deputy whip, noting that Mrs. Pelosi campaigned heavily on promises of honest government. “Now we find out that she is exempting hometown companies from minimum wage. This is exactly the hypocrisy and double talk that we have come to expect from the Democrats.”

On Wednesday, the House voted to raise the minimum wage from $5.15 to $7.25 per hour.

The bill also extends for the first time the federal minimum wage to the U.S. territory of the Northern Mariana Islands. However, it exempts American Samoa, another Pacific island territory that would become the only U.S. territory not subject to federal minimum-wage laws.

One of the biggest opponents of the federal minimum wage in Samoa is StarKist Tuna, which owns one of the two packing plants that together employ more than 5,000 Samoans, or nearly 75 percent of the island’s work force. StarKist’s parent company, Del Monte Corp., has headquarters in San Francisco, which is represented by Mrs. Pelosi. The other plant belongs to California-based Chicken of the Sea.

“There’s something fishy going on here,” said Rep. Patrick T. McHenry, North Carolina Republican.

Remember when some black kids stole sunglasses and people acted like it was a crime of moral turpitude? Almost like there's multiple double standards at play in these cases.

The most consistent civil libertarian out there is Alan Dershowitz. If you're not consistent, you have ulterior motives. 

19 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Remember when some black kids stole sunglasses and people acted like it was a crime of moral turpitude? Almost like there's multiple double standards at play in these cases.

The most consistent civil libertarian out there is Alan Dershowitz. If you're not consistent, you have ulterior motives. 

Remember that time some more on on the internet made of false equivalency?  Almost like there's multiple standards at play in these cases

Blablabla. Fancy guys name inserted here. Blablabla

Now this is draining the swamp! Manafort, Gates, Cohen and the rest. They figured it out long ago, run for election blaming people who have darker skin for everything, then steal everything you can get your hands on. It's great till you get caught. Surprised this guy wasn't in Trumps cabinet. 

The timing of this raises my eyebrows. 

So they drop this the MORNING AFTER the Repubs lay the smackdown on the Dems in the special election, after ALL 5 of Trump's endorsed candidates win, and all 6 picks the commie from Westchester endorsed were defeated?

And all that being said, they cannot find a reason to investigate Feinstein?

Edited by MILFHUNTER#518
Added content

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

So, anytime a passerby says this whole thing is a right wing circle jerk maybe they can correctly see in this thread that it goes both ways.

this is not a time for politic and locker room toilet talk....Our thoughts and prayers have to be with Congressmen Collins as he fights this!!

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

They've been looking at him for at least a year for something, anything. Here's the indictment. Maybe true may be false. Innocent until proven guilty and all that "stuff".  I wonder if there will be picketing in Spaulding Lake? ?

Definitely a blow for Trump as Chris Collins was his first congressional supporter.

I don't think anybody gives a damn about Chris Collins is it relates to Trump.

2 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

So they drop this the MORNING AFTER the Repubs lay the smackdown on the Dems in the special election, after ALL 5 of Trump's endorsed candidates win, and all 6 picks the commie from Westchester endorsed were defeated?

In this news cycle on steroids, literally any time would look suspicious.  

Just now, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

So they drop this the MORNING AFTER the Repubs lay the smackdown on the Dems, after ALL 5 of Trump's endorsed candidates win, and all 6 picks the commie from Westchester endorsed were defeated?

Take that one step further... what's the central piece of evidence mentioned so far? A phone call he made from... where? 

Image result for the white house

During a time Trump had active FISA's on his team. 

(This isn't to suggest the congressman isn't dirty, he seems to be - it's just a fun aside as to how this evidence was collected). 

Gotta show they got something out of those FISAs I guess since they missed their true target. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Take that one step further... what's the central piece of evidence mentioned so far? A phone call he made from... where? 

Image result for the white house

During a time Trump had active FISA's on his team. 

(This isn't to suggest the congressman isn't dirty, he seems to be - it's just a fun aside as to how this evidence was collected). 

Gotta show they got something out of those FISAs I guess since they missed their true target. 

Deep State!! Let the criminals alone! Ha ha! 

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't think anybody gives a damn about Chris Collins is it relates to Trump.

In this news cycle on steroids, literally any time would look suspicious.  

They will literally do ANYTHING to not acknowledge the failure of their narrative and the fissures that are expanding and growing within their party.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Love this!!! You guys losing it is hysterical!! ?

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Image result for squirrel gif funny

Is that part of the deep State?? Lol!!! 

• Like (+1) 1