Spygate from patriots camp

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There was a suggestion made in the Customer Service forum to establish a new forum for NFL-football-other-than-Bills, similar to the College Football forum.

It doesn't seem to have gained any traction or found Love with our Admins, but please, you (and anyone else who likes the idea) feel free to go over there and weigh in.

Until there's a change, all NFL football discussion is considered topical here, not just limited to Bills.

Food recipes are occasionally allowed as well!

34 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

Food recipes are occasionally allowed as well!

Haha certainly although, there is a forum intended for tailgate and get-together planning, which has a recipe sub-forum:

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/forum/70-cookbookrecipe-subforum/

I've garnered some tasty eats there over the years, butternut squash lasagna being one of my favorites

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Anyone who goes to Pats practice with BILLS gear has a death wish!  Suggest to you fiance that she get a BIG life insurance policy on you.  Oh, you WILL raise the children as BILLS fans, right??

Are you kidding me?  The Pats*** are so steeped in AFC-East success that they don't care.  You're a Bills fan? Oh, haha sucks to be you! 

Observe the field in which I give my f****, and lo! how it is barren!

Eagles gear, OTOH, might get a rise out of them tee hee.  (And I wouldn't wear ANY other team's gear to an Eagles game.)

Once we start beating them regularly again, then it may be as you say.  Especially if we become able to consistently handle Gronk and take down Brady.

17 hours ago, Brian3488 said:

Hey mafia I attended pats camp today with my fiance whos a patriots fan (we live in New England)

Anyways it was a scorcher heat wise. Pats fans are quiet as usual and don't say anything to me about my bills gear.

Here some observations I had today:

My wife is from Boston, and is a Pats* fan. We've been married almost 20 years. It's fine, really. My fandom outweighs hers (which is typical with most Pats* fans, in my experience-- less passionate about the game in general), and we know what not to talk about. BUT, her family is insufferable!

Thanks for the observations. They are much appreciated!

Been reports lately that Cordalle Patterson has been wowing at camp, even getting high praise for BB.  Wonder if he is going to be a surprise breakout player this year.  Could be a Welker type situation (not saying as good as Welker hough) where Welker had not done a whole lot until he got to NE as BB has a way to get the best out of them. 

But camp buzz is just hype, so won't read too much into it until I see something in preseason.  But with how thin they are at WR, I think he will get a big opportunity to play the first 4 weeks, so I have him on my sleeper watch list for fantasy.  And if he seizes the opportunities that this offense will provide, he could become a prize in fantasy that can be had super cheap.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Eagles gear, OTOH, might get a rise out of them tee hee.  (And I wouldn't wear ANY other team's gear to an Eagles game.)

In 93 my buddy and I went to the Vet to watch the Bills play the Iggles.  We were TOTALLY decked in Bills Colors and even tailgated - the Iggles fans tolerated us.  We go to our seats and literally they are the LAST row in the Vet - now I grew up in Philly and went to many a Phillies game but never saw these seats.....it was like an afterthought as to how to cram more seats in....CRAZY cold and the breeze we blowing thru us.  We watched the 1st half and saw a section in the lower bowl in the sun and NO ONE sitting there.  We proceeded to that section, sat down like we belonged.  A guy in front of us, turns around, eyes us and just puts his finger to his lips and says be quiet.  The score was 0-0 at the time. We said not a word, the Bills won, as we were leaving my buddy was CERTAIN I was going to die as I screamed and hollered at anyone who would look at me......The Bills won on a Christie FG in the 4th......way cool.  We survived.

Edited by Kwai San

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

My wife is from Boston, and is a Pats* fan. We've been married almost 20 years. It's fine, really. My fandom outweighs hers (which is typical with most Pats* fans, in my experience-- less passionate about the game in general), and we know what not to talk about. BUT, her family is insufferable!

Thanks for the observations. They are much appreciated!

I think you should channel that dude in the TV commercial  - "turn it off!  turn those lights OFF!"

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Haha certainly although, there is a forum intended for tailgate and get-together planning, which has a recipe sub-forum:

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/forum/70-cookbookrecipe-subforum/

I've garnered some tasty eats there over the years, butternut squash lasagna being one of my favorites

Are you kidding me?  The Pats*** are so steeped in AFC-East success that they don't care.  You're a Bills fan? Oh, haha sucks to be you! 

Observe the field in which I give my f****, and lo! how it is barren!

Once we start beating them regularly again, then it may be as you say.  Especially if we become able to consistently handle Gronk and take down Brady.

OK, so they're guilty of drinking too much of their own Kool Aide, but as soon as they figure out that Marsha is 41 and Bill is 66-67, and that everything eventually ends/changes, they will become hostile.  It's just been my experience that it's not very smart to wear any BILLS stuff, at any away location, UNLESS you're part of a large group of BILLS fans.  If you are there as an individual, you are generally asking for trouble.

The Pats line can't defend Marsha.  That was apparent to the Eagles, in the SB.  Everybody saw it, and knows it, so their end is near!

On 8/7/2018 at 10:31 PM, GETTOTHE50 said:

why the hell would anyone marry a pats fan. id jump out of the car like that buckeye-michigan commercial the moment i found out my date was a pats/boston fan. 

You date would probably jump out of car as soon as met you so it seems fair.

3 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

OK, so they're guilty of drinking too much of their own Kool Aide, but as soon as they figure out that Marsha is 41 and Bill is 66-67, and that everything eventually ends/changes, they will become hostile.  It's just been my experience that it's not very smart to wear any BILLS stuff, at any away location, UNLESS you're part of a large group of BILLS fans.  If you are there as an individual, you are generally asking for trouble.

The Pats line can't defend Marsha.  That was apparent to the Eagles, in the SB.  Everybody saw it, and knows it, so their end is near!

Wore my Bills gear to both of the last two Bills games here in Los Angeles. The Rams game two seasons ago sounded like a Bills home game. We were outnumbered by about 4:1, but we were louder than the Rams fans, and no one gave us any grief whatsoever. It was harder for me to tell what was going on with the Chargers fans last year because of the bag over my head.

30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

erm, the Pats line couldn't protect Marsha to the tune of he hung 500 yards passing on the Iggles.

The 1,151 combined total yards earned by the Eagles and Patriots was the highest total in NFL regular-season and playoff history.  BUT, who LOST!,