Running Game Looks Strong

A beautiful night in Orchard Park, and football is back at THE RALPH!

Running game looking strong... the OLine is powerful in the run game and all the backs are looking nice and quick

some really big runs for some backups today and I like the way they are from fighting for every yard!

Should have a nice bounce back year in The run game 

(Even Mccarron had a nice scramble.. He is quicker than I thought... Allen ripped off a 20+ yard run that he finished all the way to the house tho he probably is stopped well short in real game)

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

With the Chargers in Week 2 and Minnesota in Week 3, we're going to find out right away just how bad this line is.

The losses of Incognito, Wood and Glenn are nothing to sneeze at.

Glenn was never there.

Wood was in serious decline.

But Vlad replacing Incognito is going to be HORRIBLE at best. We better pray that someone like Teller can win the LG spot, or even Gory because Vlad at LG is a disaster waiting to happen.

The LG spot alone is why I hesitate to put Allen in. Vlad will most certainly get Allen killed.

Edited by njbuff
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

With the Chargers in Week 2 and Minnesota in Week 3, we're going to find out right away just how bad this line is.

And they had problems before they lost 3 starters. I'm not as hopeful as some. I think this could be a very difficult year for the O. Points may be few and the pass protection will be leaky.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Running game looking strong... the OLine is powerful in the run game and all the backs are looking nice and quick

some really big runs for some backups today and I like the way they are from fighting for every yard!

Thanks for the 1st hand update on practice. Appreciated! 

3 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Would love to go Sunday but I have no way of being sure I can get tickets. Live 2 hours away

Damn. I’m sure the lovely folks of this board will try and help you out... if I can come across any I’l let you know

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Running on the Chargers is the answer. They’ve been really bad vs the run unless Perryman is in there (he’s been hurt a ton over past 2 years) and even then their LBs aren’t the best unit. Their interior DL isn’t a strength either. One of their starting DTs, Corey Liuget, is suspended for first 4 games.

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

That is great to hear. This team may be a nice surprise this year. Did you notice that Ford kid? He looked explosive on the highlight on the Bills homepage. 

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

We should be able to run all over the Chargers D. Minnesota has a great run D, if we can run on them we can run on anyone.

7 minutes ago, billspro said:

That is great to hear. This team may be a nice surprise this year. Did you notice that Ford kid? He looked explosive on the highlight on the Bills homepage. 

We should be able to run all over the Chargers D. Minnesota has a great run D, if we can run on them we can run on anyone.

Some RB. 35 or 36 ripped a huge 45+ yarder... prolly 50+

Might have been Ford who is 35. Was a very nice run with explosion and vision and some strength 

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Some RB. 35 or 36 ripper a huge 45+ yarder

Might have been Ford who is 35. Was a very nice run with explosion and vision and some strength 

I read that and for a split second thought 35 was his age. Hey with this team and RBs you never know. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Some RB. 35 or 36 ripper a huge 45+ yarder

It will be interesting to see how he looks in preseason. New England usually keeps a lot of RBs. I wouldn’t be surprised if Daboll wanted 5. McCoy, Ivory, Cadet, and DiMarco are locks I think. There may be another spot for Murray, Jones, or Ford. 

Also so what did you think of Allen? I know you do extensive studying of QBs in the predraft process.

Edited by billspro

42 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Running on the Chargers is the answer. They’ve been really bad vs the run unless Perryman is in there (he’s been hurt a ton over past 2 years) and even then their LBs aren’t the best unit. Their interior DL isn’t a strength either. One of their starting DTs, Corey Liuget, is suspended for first 4 games.

Agreed.  The Chargers blow and the Bills will run all over them.  Rivers will be putting on his choke color earlier than ever.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Agreed.  The Chargers blow and the Bills will run all over them.  Rivers will be putting on his choke color earlier than ever.

I don’t think they are bad overall, but they do have some areas of weakness that can potentially by exploited with scheme. I do think some people are overlooking Rivers’ inconsistency. Last year he looked turrible at times. He was way off on easy throws. Other games on fire. Just getting old I guess. He started to looked like West Coast Fitzy. I’m not a huge fan of Alynn as HC. Nice guy maybe but not sure about HC material. Jmo.