Bills' 2018 Training Camp Practice Day 8 - 6:15 PM at New Era

17 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Is who starts that game just "part of the plan?"

Third preseason game is the only one to read into. The starter will be announced.

I'm very excited.

Yup. Most prior is just male soap operas 

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....you could be asking way too much here..............

Off the top of my head, I can think of 7 posters who’ve already written their thread in their notes section, so they can be the 1st to say ‘I told you so!’..

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Off the top of my head, I can think of 7 posters who’ve already written their thread in their notes section, so they can be the 1st to say ‘I told you so!’..

...LMAO....just called 911 to help me up off the floor....dammit.................

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I don’t know...at this point I’m leaning AJ #1 and JA #2...but preseason will go a long way of helping to determine that.

...just a hunch that McD looks at the "bigger picture"......the QB comparatives will be one part of the "equation"...BUT....perhaps a bigger part is PROTECTION as in the OL's capabilities as well as RB blocking abilities....NOT saying McCarron is an expendable "guinea pig", but I can't see McD risking what you hope to be your franchise QB for "target practice" by the opposition's "D".....

• Like (+1) 1

https://theathletic.com/458464/2018/08/04/kelvin-benjamin-qa/ 

(sub required) 

The last play of your college career, you caught a touchdown to win the national title for Florida State with 13 seconds left. Then you set rookie receiving records for Carolina. Things turned in 2015. How would you assess your career since your rookie season?

I mean, I felt like I would’ve been even more successful if … I don’t know, man … If I would’ve … Looking back on it, I should’ve just been drafted by somebody else. I should’ve never went to Carolina. Truly, I just think Carolina was bad for me. It was a bad fit from the get-go. If you would’ve put me with any other quarterback, let’s be real, you know what I’m saying? Any other accurate quarterback like Rodgers or Eli Manning or Big Ben — anybody! — quarterbacks with knowledge, that know how to place a ball and give you a better chance to catch the ball. It just felt like I wasn’t in that position.

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...just a hunch that McD looks at the "bigger picture"......the QB comparatives will be one part of the "equation"...BUT....perhaps a bigger part is PROTECTION as in the OL's capabilities as well as RB blocking abilities....NOT saying McCarron is an expendable "guinea pig", but I can't see McD risking what you hope to be your franchise QB for "target practice" by the opposition's "D".....

Exactly what I was thinking- JA may be the better talent...but the team around him might not be ready yet, especially with a new o-line trying to gel.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

... Then I'll say it for you...

...McCarron is the expendable "guinea pig"...

...Peterman...

...guinea pig number 2...

(Myself personally, McCarron is going to be one tough guinea pig)

Edited by Figster

48 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

If he's the best QB in camp and the OL can be half-way decent, there is no reason not to start Allen week 1.

I can understand taking this point of view and there is an argument to be made the ability to release a football traveling at over 70 mph (with accuracy) when needed makes the offense as a unit better.

The problem is training camp and preseason is not the place to get an accurate evaluation IMO.

Edited by Figster
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Figster said:

I can understand taking this point of view and there is an argument to be made the ability to release a football traveling at over 70 mph when needed makes the whole offense as a unit better.

The problem is training camp and preseason is not the place to get an accurate evaluation IMO.

...BINGO bud...."live ammo" is a different world.....even if everything was reasonably close in McD's QB evaluations and decision measurements, my gut (LARGE) says he errs on the side of caution and conservatism, starting AJ in game 1....a wild, speculative guess........

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

Honestly, Peterman blows.

I'm trying to figure out what demographic he appeals to.

How many Peterman fans were Trent Edwards supporters? I'm thinking there is some overlap. 

I think it varies, but one faction of the Peterman "homers" (and honestly I don't think there are more than a few off the deep end, but I mean those holding off just that much longer from saying he shouldn't start) I think rolls over from some who were avidly anti-Tyrod and defended Peterman in the Chargers game with comments like "but Boca said 'he didn't even block me!' so clearly the OL just stopped playing!"

These are people who saw Peterman as a preseason hero last year and wanted him to take the reins from Taylor last year and might still be a little bitter and are unable to accept what is a fairly objective and basic observation of Peterman based on his play:

Noodle arm + Hero ball = Terrible starting QB

Hence... Peterman = Terrible starting QB 

Edited by transplantbillsfan

41 minutes ago, Figster said:

I can understand taking this point of view and there is an argument to be made the ability to release a football traveling at over 70 mph (with accuracy) when needed makes the offense as a unit better.

Soooo... if Allen looks ready in Training Camp and Preseason, are you saying wait til you really know he's ready??? How do you determine it, then? :blink:

18 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think it varies, but one faction of the Peterman "homers" (and honestly I don't think there are more than a few off the deep end, but I mean those holding off just that much longer from saying he shouldn't start) I think rolls over from some who were avidly anti-Tyrod and defended Peterman in the Chargers game with comments like "but Boca said 'he didn't even block me!' so clearly the OL just stopped playing!"

These are people who saw Peterman as a preseason hero last year and wanted him to take the reins from Taylor last year and might still be a little bitter and are unable to accept what is a fairly objective and basic observation of Peterman based on his play:

Noodle arm + Hero ball = Terrible

Hence... Peterman = Terrible 

...a pathetically expected babble...the effin' kid was a 5th, a FIFTH.......stay with me for a moment.........thrown to the SD wolves by a Dennison induced whine because he was too inept to work with TT....HINT: NOT ready and it showed.....and the TBD "One and Done Gang" BOLDLY declares him a bust.....a FIFTH....pretty damn noble (HINT : some already have ALLEN as a BUST) assessment......so the bust is still in camp working to get better....much to the chagrin of "The Gang", there have been some positive reports about progress..prime target to hate on hoping he fails at realizing his NFL dream......tiny little excrements pounding their keyboards (OR ??) in defiance of the kid still being in camp leave me in a dire quandary as to whom I should believe....them or the Abbott & Costello duo, a/k/a/ McD and McBeane....sometimes ignorance should be shielded versus advertised....good Lord.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1