Bills' 2018 Training Camp Practice 5 - Closed to the Public

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

getting a bit confusing. I feel like I just read an article in this thread a couple pages ago that said Peterman had the best day and left himself out in front a bit. 

Don't get too caught up in these micro reports on what's happening at camp with the QBs.

They are all going to do good things and bad, look great and look horrible.  What's important is someone offering a little judgment over the trend of all the reps and practices as a whole.  We haven't really seen that yet.

Who is improving steadily, if anyone?  Who is regressing?  Who is constantly performing well, if anyone? 

That's the important thing to try and find out.  I guess we need more time.  Camp is still pretty new.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sal C stated that Peterman looked good today.

Thad Brown said that Allen and McCaron are separating from Peterman.

Conflicting reports?

Somebody on page 2 or 3 said McC looked tentative all day, others that he had the best day of the three. Different strokes I guess.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Harrison Phillips: "I'm happy with the progress" (13:18)

Bills DT Harrison Phillips joined One Bills Live after practice today to talk about how camp is going so far and the comparisons between himself and Bills DT Kyle Williams.

Two thoughts...

Philips is an incredibly poised, well spoken individual. He has the potential to land in the media after his, hopefully long, playing career is over.

"Cute" to see Allen's girlfriend holding his helmet in the background during much of the segment.  Looks like they're still in HS.  Mom was there waiting for Allen to finish his media commitments too.

28 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Two thoughts...

Philips is an incredibly poised, well spoken individual. He has the potential to land in the media after his, hopefully long, playing career is over.

"Cute" to see Allen's girlfriend holding his helmet in the background during much of the segment.  Looks like they're still in HS.  Mom was there waiting for Allen to finish his media commitments too.

Harrison Phillips has to be the heir apparent as fan favorite pending the retirement of Kyle Williams, especially now that Fred Jackson has been gone a while.

The fact that they play the same position and are similar types of players is interesting too.

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Don't get too caught up in these micro reports on what's happening at camp with the QBs.

They are all going to do good things and bad, look great and look horrible.  What's important is someone offering a little judgment over the trend of all the reps and practices as a whole.  We haven't really seen that yet.

Who is improving steadily, if anyone?  Who is regressing?  Who is constantly performing well, if anyone? 

That's the important thing to try and find out.  I guess we need more time.  Camp is still pretty new.

Omg

Win or lose I hope Nate stArts just to put a stiff one to you haters...which btw y'all were the same ones saying ej was handcuffed by marrone.

13 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

Omg

Win or lose I hope Nate stArts just to put a stiff one to you haters...which btw y'all were the same ones saying ej was handcuffed by marrone.

Maybe he’s the 5th round draft pick QB who makes it. 

But probably not. Looooooooooooong odds as someone pointed out in the Peterman thread. 

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

...EXACTLY...why the hell waste time worrying about a nanosecond of reported progress?......analyses and reports MUST be fake news, ruses, blind squirrels, wet dreams or paid advertisements for the "Keep McBeane & McD Employed" PAC..........thanks for getting us on the RIGHT PATH......

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...EXACTLY...why the hell waste time worrying about a nanosecond of reported progress?......analyses and reports MUST be fake news, ruses, blind squirrels, wet dreams or paid advertisements for the "Keep McBeane & McD Employed" PAC..........thanks for getting us on the RIGHT PATH......

Say what? :)

17 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

From the three practices I went to, it’s pretty clear this is a contract year for KB. Sounds like more of the same today: pushing for everything.

Hoping he brings it all. 

including noted OPI !

The Athletic - Matthew Fairburn's Day 5 Camp Report: 

Bills practice observations: Harrison Phillips already...

Pittsford, N.Y. — When the Bills selected Harrison Phillips in the third round of the 2018 NFL Draft, Buffalo head coach Sean McDermott and general manager Brandon Beane both said Phillips would be a nose tackle. The Stanford standout gave the company line about doing whatever the coaches ask, but he also made it clear he felt he could do more than just eat space.

It took only a few days of training camp for the Bills to come around on that. McDermott said he thinks Phillips can play both the one-technique and three-technique defensive tackle spots.

Here’s everything else we saw at the fifth practice of Bills camp.

Josh Allen gets another shot with the ones
AJ McCarron stands out in red zone
Nathan Peterman update
Kelvin Benjamin has a big day
Shaq Lawson steps up
Adam Redmond shoutout
Injury roundup

Bills embrace underdog role... Again.

ROCHESTER - Jerry Hughes was not surprised when he heard the national media is overlooking his team.

"We understand that's typical of what the national media would do," says Hughes. "They just don't have too much belief in the Buffalo Bills."

Even a nine win season and playoff berth could not silence the skeptics.

Who will emerge at QB, WR and snapping the ball?

By Jon Scott | July 31, 2018 @2:00 PM

4 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

EJ throwing the ball into the hospitality tent is what you would call a "brutal" incomplete pass

I agree. But, according to Thad Brown the other day, deliberately throwing the ball away is also a "brutal" incomplete pass. He uses that word a lot, too. At least when he's describing Josh Allen incompletions. 

• Like (+1) 1

2018 NFL training camp: Early winners and losers across league

A tough week for ...

The Buffalo Bills' quarterback battle: Nathan Peterman was with the first team as camp opened, although Josh Allen was taking a series with the 1s by Day 3. It's not a great sign for AJ McCarron that Peterman has reportedly picked up Brian Daboll's offense faster, and it's not a great sign for anyone on the Bills offense if the team splits first-team reps three ways for long. It's going to be difficult enough for the winner of this battle to survive behind a depleted offensive line with a shaky receiver group. A limited number of camp snaps would only exacerbate concerns about the eventual starter.