New Era Cap HIres Russ Brandon - The Company Reverses Course

1 hour ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Thanks fair enough I’ve spoke to quite a few people who work there since this Russ thing broke and they haven’t said anything like that to me...yet. Maybe they are holding out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

People in sales, marketing and brand management?  Or the ones who sew hats?     

There's a world of difference between the NYC/LA-types brought in the past few years ("the cool kids") and the Derby folks who've been with the company a long time...    

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

People in sales, marketing and brand management?  Or the ones who sew hats?     

There's a world of difference between the NYC/LA-types brought in the past few years ("the cool kids") and the Derby folks who've been with the company a long time...    

Chinese children?

17 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Reading between the lines, if he's so tremendous, why is he gone?  Now it looks like the New Era gig won't happen either.

It had nothing to do with his job performance, and everything to do with the results of an internal ethics investigation, in the course of which he was found to have directly lied to the owners.  There aren't any lines to read between.

13 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Look, he cheated on his wife... in politics it often spells an end to a career generally.  For an organization such that preaches integrity character etc, it is bad optics so close to them... not sure if there is more to the story, but he left a lot of bad feelings around the Bills and Sabres doing his job... my feeling was it was just a nail in the coffin.  Sometimes guys like that are good hustlers and marketers and companies hire them as long as they stay below the radar.  Russ was exposed so now he is poison locally... probably needs to lay low for a while if he wants to stick around... nature of the beast.

It's not about cheating on his wife, it's about sleeping around within the company and lying to the owners about it.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Stop trying to make people go bilnd! :lol:

I can see it just fine...

I heard on the radio that yesterday was national orgasm day - When you were younger, didn't anyone ever tell you if you keep touching it you will go blind? That may be the root of your problem 0:)

15 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Timmah really seems to have a hard-on for this story....

Yeah, he said as much in the comments section of The Athletic story.   What a dip$hi*...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sean K.
Great investigative work, Mr. Graham!

Tim Graham
@Sean K.   Not exactly Watergate, but I do get a charge out of scoops like this.

On 8/1/2018 at 7:45 AM, stony said:

A good friend who worked there.  Also, when we moved back to Buffalo, a recruiter helping my wife find a new job made a similar comment.  Obviously the recruiter has bias, but it was an unprompted comment per my wife.   

Maybe the hats is just a front for a satanic sex cult

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Still working for the Bills.

"Hall had been the in-game host for the Sabres for the last six seasons. Her primary role is as a multimedia journalist for Pegula Sports and Entertainment, contributing to digital coverage of the Bills and Sabres.

https://buffalonews.com/2018/08/06/rich-gaenzler-97s-rocks-bull-adds-sabres-in-arena-host-to-duties/