Darnold and Allen , offsets and no offsets

NFL Network's Michael Silver reported Sunday that the contract holdup between Gang Green and Darnold's camp isn't based around "offsets or money payouts," per sources close to the negotiation

Instead, the snag centers around forfeiture language, which is standard in most NFL contracts and a parameter the Jets include in all their deals with players.

Essentially, forfeiture language allows the team to recoup money if a player is injured while engaging in certain activities outside of football, with Silver offering "skiing" and "mountain climbing" as examples.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000942921/article/sam-darnold-deal-holdup-hinges-on-forfeiture-language

43 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

To be fair Darnold has to beat out an actual stable of capable QBs. 

McCown is 39, a career journeyman backup who even the Browns didn’t want, and has a record of 23-50. Bridgewater has a bionic leg and hasn’t played in 2 years. As the 3rd overall pick, he should be better than either. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

fumbles the ball the very first snap of the first two days at OTA's. throws an interception on his first pass of TC... can't wait to see what he's got in his bag of tricks for the first snap of the regular season.

Edited by Foxx

31 minutes ago, Foxx said:

fumbles the ball the very first snap of the first two days at OTA's. throws an interception on his first pass of TC... can't wait to see what he's got in his bag of tricks for the first snap of the regular season.

Was by far the worst selection IMHO of the group.  Seemed all hype and no substance really to me.  A few Jets buddies feel the same.  They wanted our guy!

21 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

Was by far the worst selection IMHO of the group.  Seemed all hype and no substance really to me.  A few Jets buddies feel the same.  They wanted our guy!

I swap in a heartbeat, but what do I know?  Time will tell. At least they both have quality character thing going for them (as far as we can tell). 

Just now, Augie said:

I swap in a heartbeat, but what do I know?  Time will tell. At least they both have quality character thing going for them (as far as we can tell). 

I agree both seem to have character-just didn't get that feeling from the other Josh.  Time will certainly tell but gotta root for our guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/28/2018 at 11:02 AM, aristocrat said:

If he thinks he’s gonna be great he’s too worried about small money when the next contract is gonna be huge money. 

Or he knows he sucks and knows the Jets are literal QB pergatory. I’d get everything I could and fleece those green idiots

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

McCown is 39, a career journeyman backup who even the Browns didn’t want, and has a record of 23-50. Bridgewater has a bionic leg and hasn’t played in 2 years. As the 3rd overall pick, he should be better than either. 

McCown threw for nearly 3k yards and 18 TDs in 13 games last year. Bridgewater was a promising young QB before his horrific injury. Both have more than 2 NFL wins under their belts (what our elite stable combined has).

Give me the shpiel on our QBs now. I'm waiting. I didn't say they have Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. I said capable NFL QBs. 

Edited by Elite Poster