I'm not a Facebook person

OK, so I'm not a Facebook person.  I don't want people to "friend" me, know what I'm doing, where I've been, what I had for dinner etc.etc. Having said that, my wife IS, and just wanted to share this.  It's from the BILLS MAFIA page, in Facebook, courtesy of my wife, who while from Florida, is a BILLS fan.  I had to ask her what was so freakin funny, and this is what she showed me.  Enjoy!

Damn PROUD!

“I'm from Buffalo. We eat chicken wings, not buffalo wings, and we only eat them in Buffalo. We drink Labatt Blue and Molson Canadian. Mighty Taco, NOT Taco Bell. Pop, not soda They are sneakers, not tennis shoes. It's a sucker, not a lollipop. Bison Chip Dip, La Nova Pizzeria, Aunt Rosie's Loganberry, Chevettas Chicken, and Ted's Hot Dogs are all too familiar. Our bars don't close until 4, We have fake IDs at 15, but we don't need them at 19-Canada. Jim's Steak Out at 4am is calling it an early night... We never cuss, but we swear way too much. We know that a 65 mph speed limit really means 80. We will cut you off, swear, and give you the finger if you are not keeping up AND do it all in the snow, while expecting nothing less in return. Driving in the snow not only comes naturally, it's fun. We start the weekends off right at Thursdays We lived through Wide Right, The Forward Lateral, and No Goal. We love the Bills (no matter what) and accept that it takes 2 hours to get home from a game. Nothing closes in 3 feet of snow or -20 windchills... in fact, that's how we prefer to tailgate. We can correctly pronounce, spell, and identify Chippewa, Scajaquada, Lackawanna, Cheektowaga, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, without hesitation. We are 30 minutes from another country, one of the seven wonders of the world, and even a few beaches. It's the second largest city in New York. I AM FROM BUFFALO, a drinking town with a sports problem, and damn proud"

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I have seen various permutations of this floating around the internet for a decade now.

You know, all the stuff we like in WNY and any WNYer would identify with.

No doubt, somewhere in this cruel world, Brad Riter is making a zillion bucks off it... Son of a bit... If I only got in on the ground floor w/the S.Cheektowaga Edition.  Bouy that with the Columbus, Ohio sports trivia game board & I'd be living in the lap of luxury now & even saying: "Eff YOU GR! I show up to work when I want to!"

?When does training camp start again?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I have seen various permutations of this floating around the internet for a decade now.

You know, all the stuff we like in WNY and any WNYer would identify with.

Thanks to Al Gore's amazing internet, you are right.  But it can cheer one up, in the off season. 

I live in the South.  If anyone were to ask me if "I'm a yankee?" I say no, I'm a BILLS fan.  That cheers me up too, no matter how the team is doing.

11 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

OK, so I'm not a Facebook person.  I don't want people to "friend" me, know what I'm doing, where I've been, what I had for dinner etc.etc. Having said that, my wife IS, and just wanted to share this.  It's from the BILLS MAFIA page, in Facebook, courtesy of my wife, who while from Florida, is a BILLS fan.  I had to ask her what was so freakin funny, and this is what she showed me.  Enjoy!

I'm not a big participant on FB.  In the last 1.5 years I have made 3 posts other than Happy Birthday to my family and closest friends.

1. No one is forcing you to post pictures of what you eat or where you went
  2. You are free to decline any and all offers of "friend" requests 
  3. I don't need a Bills Mafia to tell me what I already know. 

And they forgot to mention Zweigle's white hot dogs

Just saying   :)

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I'm not a big participant on FB.  In the last 1.5 years I have made 3 posts other than Happy Birthday to my family and closest friends.

1. No one is forcing you to post pictures of what you eat or where you went
  2. You are free to decline any and all offers of "friend" requests 
  3. I don't need a Bills Mafia to tell me what I already know. 

And they forgot to mention Zweigle's white hot dogs

Just saying   :)

you two live fairly close to each other...maybe a friend connection?

And BTW, I will take a Taco Bell over Mighty Taco 100% of the time, No to LaNova, no to Loganberry, 

Zwiegles is to Rochester as Hoffmans are to Syracuse... we have Sahlens.

I don't know of anyone from Buffalo who calls them chicken wings... its just wings.

9 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

you two live fairly close to each other...maybe a friend connection?

And BTW, I will take a Taco Bell over Mighty Taco 100% of the time, No to LaNova, no to Loganberry, 

Can't enjoy LaNova because I'm celiac (gluten free.)  Loganberry is another story.  My wife buys Costco Sangria, mixes it with orange juice, peach schnapps, loganberry syrup and a little 7-up for a fiz.  That's very good!  Our Wegmans only carries Crystal Beach brand, no Aunt Rosie's, but it's still good.  Have you not ever had a Loganberry Shake at Ted's?

Round Hill VA is in the very north, N of Dulles .  I call that the communist part of Virginia.  Lived in Sterling, in the 70's.  It was OK then, but very different now.  Used to enjoy the Concorde flying over.  

9 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Can't enjoy LaNova because I'm celiac (gluten free.)  Loganberry is another story.  My wife buys Costco Sangria, mixes it with orange juice, peach schnapps, loganberry syrup and a little 7-up for a fiz.  That's very good!  Our Wegmans only carries Crystal Beach brand, no Aunt Rosie's, but it's still good.  Have you not ever had a Loganberry Shake at Ted's?

Round Hill VA is in the very north, N of Dulles .  I call that the communist part of Virginia.  Lived in Sterling, in the 70's.  It was OK then, but very different now.  Used to enjoy the Concorde flying over.  

No such thing as good Loganberry..they are all sickly sweet!!?

You and Shady both have lawns you kick kids off of, perfect friend match I yell ya!150 miles nothing between friends!

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

No such thing as good Loganberry..they are all sickly sweet!!?

You and Shady both have lawns you kick kids off of, perfect friend match I yell ya!150 miles nothing between friends!

Oh yeah, well you cut 150 miles of lawn.

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2018 at 10:58 PM, Marv's Neighbor said:

Damn PROUD!

“I'm from Buffalo. We eat chicken wings, not buffalo wings, and we only eat them in Buffalo. We drink Labatt Blue and Molson Canadian. Mighty Taco, NOT Taco Bell. Pop, not soda They are sneakers, not tennis shoes. It's a sucker, not a lollipop. Bison Chip Dip, La Nova Pizzeria, Aunt Rosie's Loganberry, Chevettas Chicken, and Ted's Hot Dogs are all too familiar. Our bars don't close until 4, We have fake IDs at 15, but we don't need them at 19-Canada. Jim's Steak Out at 4am is calling it an early night... We never cuss, but we swear way too much. We know that a 65 mph speed limit really means 80. We will cut you off, swear, and give you the finger if you are not keeping up AND do it all in the snow, while expecting nothing less in return. Driving in the snow not only comes naturally, it's fun. We start the weekends off right at Thursdays We lived through Wide Right, The Forward Lateral, and No Goal. We love the Bills (no matter what) and accept that it takes 2 hours to get home from a game. Nothing closes in 3 feet of snow or -20 windchills... in fact, that's how we prefer to tailgate. We can correctly pronounce, spell, and identify Chippewa, Scajaquada, Lackawanna, Cheektowaga, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, without hesitation. We are 30 minutes from another country, one of the seven wonders of the world, and even a few beaches. It's the second largest city in New York. I AM FROM BUFFALO, a drinking town with a sports problem, and damn proud"

This "chain letter" has been around way before Facebook blew up.  I can remember emailing this to my aunt and uncle when they moved to Las Vegas in 2003 :D