A question about friendships you have had

Ice bowl 67

4 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Has anyone ever been stood up before by a friend? If so how did you guys handle the situation? Are they still your friends?

Do you have a shiv? 

Relax, shiv happens. 

1 minute ago, Another Fan said:

I don’t know if stood up is the right word but I’ve had some not respond to me asking how they were doing.  Once or twice I forgive but if it’s ongoing I can take a hint.  I just move on even though it was at times hurtful 

Those are not the people you are looking for anyway. I’ve had people I called for tennis a few times. We’d meet and play, nice guys. After 4-5 times and they never call me, I just move on. I’m not doing all the work in any relationship. No biggie, just move on. Find better people. 

• Like (+1) 2

I have a buddy and we get together 4 times a year but every time we have a great awesome visit. He works construction and is out of town almost all the time. A lot of the times he is home on the weekends but its just him and his wife. I get together with him once every 3 months as his weekends he wants time with his wife and is super busy taking care of his Housework, his pets and everything else. 

3 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

I have a buddy and we get together 4 times a year but every time we have a great awesome visit. He works construction and is out of town almost all the time. A lot of the times he is home on the weekends but its just him and his wife. I get together with him once every 3 months as his weekends he wants time with his wife and is super busy taking care of his Housework, his pets and everything else. 

I find the older I get,the more I just want to be left alone.Maybe your buddy is tired from his long work week and wants to kick it with his wife.Let him call you if he wants to hang...just let it go.

5 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I find the older I get,the more I just want to be left alone.Maybe your buddy is tired from his long work week and wants to kick it with his wife.Let him call you if he wants to hang...just let it go.

That's what Im saying. I don't call him because I don't want to get in the way of his time with his wife. Im too busy seeing other friends and family that 6 months will go by then we will get together and have a great time. As an Adult getting together with someone once every couple months is the norm. If I myself have to see somebody every weekend I wouldn't want that either.

5 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

We had a handful of very close friends before moving to Atlanta. Nobody has dozens of truly close friends. I can count them on one hand in Florida, plus a couple other guys from way back. But I miss having some really close friends nearby. We visit a few times a year, but that’s not enough. It’s harder at this age. Most of them came through our kids school and sports, our church and my Tennis club. All those avenues are expired. 

One of my other buddies has 1 other friend other than me. His family is all his friends basically. He says too that he doesn't give a crap either. He loves his downtime. He takes vacations from work and he says he sits on his rear the whole time and sets up his new sound system for his TV. He is very happy that way too.

35 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Just don't slit your wrist because of it.

Im just starting conversation as this is a long offseason lol.

7 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Has anyone ever been stood up before by a friend? If so how did you guys handle the situation? 

Yes. I stayed home alone and got drunk by myself. They still were my friends for awhile but not anymore. 

8 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Has anyone ever been stood up before by a friend? If so how did you guys handle the situation? Are they still your friends?

I make them give me $20 and tell them not to do it again. 

Fergy has given me over a $1,000 in the last 3 years. ?

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

I make them give me $20 and tell them not to do it again. 

Fergy has given me over a $1,000 in the last 3 years. ?

I think I owe You $20 for missing You Guys on the San Fran game a few years ago.  But, not as bad as that deadbeat Fergy...  ?

What's the MeadCoin equivalent for 20 bucks?

I had a friend while living in LA that turned on me.  We got close and decided to move in together....along with his GF who I was good friends with too.  We always hung out as a group.

After living with him, really came to light how much he was going behind her back.  I covered for him for a while but when the GF, who is also my friend, started getting suspicious....things got bad.  I told him I wasn't going to cover for him anymore.  I wasn't going to tell her but I'm not lying to save him anymore.  I stopped because it was eating her up inside and she started questioning me more and more.

Well, he turned on me.  The other friends we hung out with, he got them to turn on me too.  He lied in saying that I was going after her and going behind his back.

He started playing both of us, I moved out and never spoke to either one again.  Then randomly a few months later, the GF texts me just full of insults.  He lied to her about something that I did and now....she hated me too.  What a POS he was.  Didn't find out until I lived with him.