A question about friendships you have had

Ice bowl 67

12 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

That's what Im saying. I don't call him because I don't want to get in the way of his time with his wife. Im too busy seeing other friends and family that 6 months will go by then we will get together and have a great time. As an Adult getting together with someone once every couple months is the norm. If I myself have to see somebody every weekend I wouldn't want that either.

I'm calling bull ****.

You're banging the hell out of this guy.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I had a friend while living in LA that turned on me.  We got close and decided to move in together....along with his GF who I was good friends with too.  We always hung out as a group.

After living with him, really came to light how much he was going behind her back.  I covered for him for a while but when the GF, who is also my friend, started getting suspicious....things got bad.  I told him I wasn't going to cover for him anymore.  I wasn't going to tell her but I'm not lying to save him anymore.  I stopped because it was eating her up inside and she started questioning me more and more.

Well, he turned on me.  The other friends we hung out with, he got them to turn on me too.  He lied in saying that I was going after her and going behind his back.

He started playing both of us, I moved out and never spoke to either one again.  Then randomly a few months later, the GF texts me just full of insults.  He lied to her about something that I did and now....she hated me too.  What a POS he was.  Didn't find out until I lived with him. 

I had a bad friend once. We were driving around LA and he gave me some weed to smoke, and I didn't want to at first but he threatened me and so I eventually smoked it. Turns out it was actually laced with PCP. He took me to this cripple's house and robbed him and then shot him and said he was going to frame me for it unless I promised not to tell anyone. Then we went to his smoking hot girlfriend's house and I played with their kid for a while until we left again and he dropped me off at a Mexican card game and snuck out while they tried to kill me in the bathroom. Turns out he had paid them in an attempt to get me killed so he could give the money we stole from the cripple to some Russians he owed. I escaped and jumped on his car and I had to shoot him in the ass in front of the entire neighborhood. He was a real POS.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I had a bad friend once. We were driving around LA and he gave me some weed to smoke, and I didn't want to at first but he threatened me and so I eventually smoked it. Turns out it was actually laced with PCP. He took me to this cripple's house and robbed him and then shot him and said he was going to frame me for it unless I promised not to tell anyone. Then we went to his smoking hot girlfriend's house and I played with their kid for a while until we left again and he dropped me off at a Mexican card game and snuck out while they tried to kill me in the bathroom. Turns out he had paid them in an attempt to get me killed so he could give the money we stole from the cripple to some Russians he owed. I escaped and jumped on his car and I had to shoot him in the ass in front of the entire neighborhood. He was a real POS.

Butt-naked. Ill. Sherms. Dust. PCP. Primos. P-Dog. That's what you had. That's what you were smoking, you couldn't taste it?

15 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Has anyone ever been stood up before by a friend? If so how did you guys handle the situation? Are they still your friends?

Yes.  I got over it. 

And stopped having friends, because they're a waste of my valuable time.

Not like posting here, of course...

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Yes.  I got over it. 

And stopped having friends, because they're a waste of my valuable time.

Not like posting here, of course...

I have about 3-4 friends.  I have a couple dozen of other people that I'll hang out with that I try to avoid hanging out with.  

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I have a feeling you might be embellishing a little.

I have very few friends and that is mostly on purpose. The guys I am friends with I know will have my back because they've shown that time and time again. I learned a long time ago that its better to have a few great friends that 30 flaky friends. It was actually difficult for me to decide on people for my groomsman. My wife had 8 bridesmaids but I had 7 groomsman. Those 7 guys would go to bat for me and thats why i wanted them there that day

I know who values me and my time and those are the people I will return in kind. I'm never a jerk about it, just know who/what is important to me

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I had a friend while living in LA that turned on me.  We got close and decided to move in together....along with his GF who I was good friends with too.  We always hung out as a group.

After living with him, really came to light how much he was going behind her back.  I covered for him for a while but when the GF, who is also my friend, started getting suspicious....things got bad.  I told him I wasn't going to cover for him anymore.  I wasn't going to tell her but I'm not lying to save him anymore.  I stopped because it was eating her up inside and she started questioning me more and more.

Well, he turned on me.  The other friends we hung out with, he got them to turn on me too.  He lied in saying that I was going after her and going behind his back.

He started playing both of us, I moved out and never spoke to either one again.  Then randomly a few months later, the GF texts me just full of insults.  He lied to her about something that I did and now....she hated me too.  What a POS he was.  Didn't find out until I lived with him. 

What a dick. I had a "friend" I was planning on living with that F***** a girl I was seeing. "She came on to me man" was all he said. 

This was in college so I contacted the school and told them I wanted out of that apartment and into another. Never spoke to either of them again

Edited by Captain Hindsight

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Never had a bad friend.

Pretty sure most of my friends did, though.

20 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Never had a bad friend.

Pretty sure most of my friends did, though.

Helen Keller once said that walking in the dark with a friend was better than walking alone in the light, but that's probably because she was blind and nobody liked her.

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

king kong ain't got nothing on him!

2 minutes ago, teef said:

king kong ain't got nothing on him!

I thought he had turned his life around because last I saw of him he was an airplane pilot who miraculously crash landed a passenger jet with minimal passenger casualties. He was initially lauded as a hero but afterwards it turned out he had been drinking at the controls and got sent to prison. Still a POS.

6 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Sounds like Denzel Washington was your friend lol.

I suck at friendships because either I am too aloof and focused on non-friend stuff or don't do the same silly horseshit others do.  Yet, somehow, I'm well liked and of high social status / socialite here in my town.  ??‍♂️

But, I also know all their secrets and bull **** and call them out on it but don't gossip.  That's the key to ant friendship.  Never talk about someone who is not present at the time other than with praise and respect.