Bills' Brass Thought Pegula's Plane Was Going to Crash

....WHOA.........

Bills' brass thought Terry Pegula's private plane was going to crash over Rocky Mountains

Sal Maiorana, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle Published 7:30 a.m. ET July 19, 2018 | Updated 7:35 a.m. ET July 19, 2018

If all goes according to plan, Josh Allen, at some point, is going to become the long-term franchise quarterback the Buffalo Bills have sought for nearly two decades.

And given what the team’s power brokers experienced en route to coming to the determination that Allen was the man they wanted in the 2018 NFL Draft, it sure would be nice if Allen delivers.

“That was an interesting trip; there’s video evidence somewhere,” general manager Brandon Beane, referring to the scary scene inside the private plane of team owners Terry and Kim Pegula during the trip to Laramie, Wyoming, to work out and interview Allen.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/07/19/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-rockies-mountain-wave-airplane-draft-brandon-beane-sean-mcdermott-pegula/790241002/

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

42 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....WHOA.........

Bills' brass thought Terry Pegula's private plane was going to crash over Rocky Mountains

Sal Maiorana, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle Published 7:30 a.m. ET July 19, 2018 | Updated 7:35 a.m. ET July 19, 2018

If all goes according to plan, Josh Allen, at some point, is going to become the long-term franchise quarterback the Buffalo Bills have sought for nearly two decades.

And given what the team’s power brokers experienced en route to coming to the determination that Allen was the man they wanted in the 2018 NFL Draft, it sure would be nice if Allen delivers.

“That was an interesting trip; there’s video evidence somewhere,” general manager Brandon Beane, referring to the scary scene inside the private plane of team owners Terry and Kim Pegula during the trip to Laramie, Wyoming, to work out and interview Allen.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/07/19/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-rockies-mountain-wave-airplane-draft-brandon-beane-sean-mcdermott-pegula/790241002/

I tell ya, Kids these days (the ones in the front of the plane).  No respect for the weather.  Gimli glider woulda spun in and the "Splash Landing"  on the Hudson woulda had a different first 3 letters.  'Course, national weather service doesn't help as automation has replaced local knowledge.

But when the winds are above a certain speed (I would watch above 20 kts, big jet pilots maybe 30) and you're approaching a mountain range from the downwind side, mountain waves and rotors need to be expected.

Tell the pax to get in their seats, buckle in, and secure their stuff.  The plane is designed to stay in the air unless the pilots overcontrol or are too near the plane's service ceiling to have any margin.

• Like (+1) 2

Yeah, anyone who has done coast-to-coast travel has experienced it. Being in a small plane makes it that much worse. I was once in a regional jet flying over the Rockies in some storms. By far the most harrowing experience I've ever had on a plane. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

AH!  Great find 26CB.  I was wondering why several stories with the same quotes.

Wonder why they agreed to embargo the stories?  I mean, no harm no foul but...

I don't get what the big deal would have been to put them out prior to today. 

2 hours ago, Maynard said:

Good thing Russ wasn’t on there, he would have been trying to pull Kim into the bathroom with him. 

Maybe that would have been good, as Mrs. Pegula could have repeatedly dunked his head in the potty.