Who will be the Starting Center ?

HOUSE

13 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

That would mean keeping the better player on the bench “just because.” Coaches don’t typically do things like that.

They don't unless of course they believe that the team overall is better with the additional player at another needed position or special teams ability that could not have been added with groy starting because they would have to carry additional lineman.

10 minutes ago, BILLriant said:

They don't unless of course they believe that the team overall is better with the additional player at another needed position or special teams ability that could not have been added with groy starting because they would have to carry additional lineman.

So, bench is better than playing? Makes no sense to me. You have a need you slide him over.

4 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

You play your best lineup.  If Groy wins the job he starts, no matter if he is a the more versatile backup.  Bodine was brought it to push Groy, and maybe Bodine starts and Groy gets a Guard spot? 

Last year was a bit curious as most fans thought Vlad DuCasse was bad but Groy never got a shot at replacing him.  With a new OL coach and new scheme maybe John Miller can reclaim the RG spot and get his career going again.

The LG spot is a bigger worry.  RI will be tough to replace. 

No matter how I look at this the interior 3 is unproven and with questionable talent. 

The O line Coach still the Castillo in the room. Daboll is the New up and coming new O Coordinator.

I questioned Ducasse over Groy many a game.especially early on. Surprised they were not working hard to get Groy some reps.
But maybe as mentioned above he is more valuable as a versatile backup ?
I do want to see him succeed. He was better than Wood at Ctr.
But do not be surprised if Bodine is the starter. 
 Bob i might suggest the Whole Line is unproven as a group and as individuals. One good season doth not make Dawkins a solid long term LT.

Hope remains though

2 hours ago, Doc said:

You play the best 5 OL period.  You don't play guys based on "what if someone at another position gets hurt." 

I suggest McD thinks otherwise. He wants the best depth.

It's not a bad idea really, as seasons come and go based upon injuries and how teams can fit the dropoff in talent

It is strange they matched contract on Groy and then used him barely last year.

Unlike the backup QB who is often one of the most popular players the backup center does not get such laudes and I expect his agent will be actively making contacts for next year intending on getting him a position where he can demonstrate his skills.

37 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It is strange they matched contract on Groy and then used him barely last year.

Unlike the backup QB who is often one of the most popular players the backup center does not get such laudes and I expect his agent will be actively making contacts for next year intending on getting him a position where he can demonstrate his skills.

Maybe he's not as adept at zone blocking?

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:02 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who is this new OL coach of whom you speak?

My bad, Castillo is still the OL coach.   I meant to say new Offensive Coordinator who is bring in a new system.   This could help John Miller re-gain a spot over Ducasse. 

My vote is for Groy he did a more than admirable job when he took over for E. Wood when he went down to injury a couple years back & he is a bit bigger than Bodine which i think the O line needs a big man in the center of the line .

Plus he is the under dog type has earned every thing he has ever gotten through hard work & if that isn't a Bills player i don't know what is !! 

If he doesn't play at that position it wouldn't surprise me if he is just a back up again that he would want to leave so he could play rather than sit the bench just incase , i think he would be a great add to the O line because he has been here for a while & others on the line have played along side him & continuity is a huge part of a good O lIne ...

5 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

My bad, Castillo is still the OL coach.   I meant to say new Offensive Coordinator who is bring in a new system.   This could help John Miller re-gain a spot over Ducasse. 

Yeah, I don't know what to expect. 

Baltimore's OL seemed better for Castillo's departure

I suppose in theory it's possible that it was Dennison's schemes, not Castillo's, that caused the huge fall-off in rush yards per attempt last year (not just for Shady, but for TT).

Guess we'll find out