Helsinki Summit

7 hours ago, #34fan said:

I figured at least two people would have a problem with this, but that's too bad.

This is a done deal... The Tartars ain't coming back... Much of the population identifies as Russians...

Ukraine has the misfortune of being geographically attached to the most powerful Slavic nation in the region. -They're literally Russia's b_tch.

Nothing anyone can do about it that wouldn't lead to war.

Oh good! So that means we can invade Mexico with impunity! You know...manifest destiny and all. Throw canuckistan too since that’s OBVIOUSLY ours.

Edited by joesixpack

7 hours ago, #34fan said:

When I said "you've always owned" it was a direct reference to Putin as a former KGB Lieutenant Colonel

"Always" meaning as long as Putin's been Alive, the Russkies have owned Ukraine lock stock and barrel.

1783, 1917. 1921, and yes. even after 1991... It's Russian turf...  Accept it already.

Have the troops hang out by the Vistula until Warsaw calls for help... Then have them hang out a little while longer. :)

-Just kidding.

75-100 million people died in a conflict touched-off by the invasion of Poland...  I'd bet the Russians figure that's more than enough for now.

China is Russia's 2n'd biggest trade partner.... Iran isn't even in the top 10!  -China's been Johnny-on-the-spot defending

Russia against U.S. Sanctions... They share a robust arms trade with strengthening strategic ties within the region...  Stay off Breitbart for a few days...

-You might pick up an actual news story.

So screw the Ukraine, but it's good to see we're all firmly behind Isreal.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Oh good! So that means we can invade Mexico with impunity!

Mexico could be slightly more adept at this invasion stuff. -Just sayin'

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Throw canuckistan too since that’s OBVIOUSLY ours.

Hmm... Hockey seven nights a week year round, and weird-looking football games... -Hard pass.

9 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He could have armed the Ukranians - like the "soft on Putin" Trump has. Or he could have chosen not to have backed Nazis and started a coup that forced Russia's hand.

Ukranians have been hardcore Nazi sympathizers since WWII...  In fact, these Nazi-types have historically been the ones taking the hard line against Russian incursion.

But why would any of you morons know that?

Ukraine has only controlled the Crimea since 1954... It's been Russian Territory going back to 1783!

Even Kruschev gifting Crimea to the Ukes in '54  didn't mean squat since at the end of the day, Ukraine was still an SSR.  

You guys are woefully out of your depth with this sh_t.

Edited by #34fan

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Ukranians have been hardcore Nazi sympathizers since WWII...  In fact, these Nazi-types have historically been the ones taking the hard line against Russian incursion.

But why would any of you morons know that?

Ukraine has only controlled the Crimea since 1954... It's been Russian Territory going back to 1783!

Even Kruschev gifting Crimea to the Ukes in '54  didn't mean squat since at the end of the day, Ukraine was still an SSR.  

Who's Putin's lackey, now, exactly?

Edited by joesixpack

7 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Who's Putin's lackey, now, exactly?

You got me...

Admittedly,  I don't G.A.F. about protecting the Ukraine OR the Crimean peninsula…  I don't want any of our kids dying over f__king Chernobyl. 

This is about Helsinki 2018... The place where Trump publicly sided with an ex-KGB spy chief against his own country...

Which makes him not a lackey, but a full-on Putin FLUFFER....

Oh, He talks a big game at pressers but the instant Putin shows up, he submission-pisses all over the floor.

Don't be surprised if Trump actually THANKS Russia one day for their meddling.

Edited by #34fan

2 hours ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Classic simpleminded Trumptard nonsense. Really a perfect example of just how stupid and gullible Trumptards are. 

Classic non-response nonsense. Filled with insults because liberals arguments are too shallow to use

From the worst named poster here

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Classic non-response nonsense. Filled with insults because liberals arguments are too shallow to use

From the worst named poster here

i thought it was a name based on a high level of self-deprecating humour and irony.

"The reaction by most of the media, by the Democrats, by the anti-Trump people is like mob violence. I've never seen anything like it in my life."

"This is the president of the United States, doing what every president... since FDR in 1943 with Stalin, meeting with the head of the Kremlin. And every president since Eisenhower, a Republican by the way, has met with the leader of the Kremlin for one existential purpose: To avoid war between the two nuclear superpowers. Today, in my considered, scholarly, long-time judgment, relations between the U.S. and Russia are more dangerous than they have ever — let me repeat, ever — been, including the Cuban missile crisis. I want my president to do -- I didn't vote for this president-- but I want my president to do what every other president has done. Sit with the head of the other nuclear superpower and walk back the conflicts that could lead to war, whether they be in Syria, Ukraine, in the Baltic nations, in these accusations of cyber attacks. Every president has been encouraged to do that an applauded by both parties. Not Trump. Look what they did to him today. They had a kangaroo court. They found him guilty. And then you had the former head of the U.S. CIA, who himself ought to be put under oath and asked about his role in inventing Russiagate, calling the President of the United States treasonous. What have we come to in this country? And what is going to happen in the future?"

Said NYU Russia expert Stephen F. Cohen (speaking on Tucker Carlson's show Monday).

Cohen is a contributing editor at The Nation, a left-leaning publication. In the interview, he said to  Carlson, "Let me ask you a question, you know D.C., why do these people dislike Putin, the president of post-communist Russia more than they ever seemed to dislike the communist leaders?" Carlson just repeated the question, and Cohen said "There is an answer but we'd need a lot more time and a psychiatrist."

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

Y'aa nervous at all Trump may allow the Russians to interrogate McFaul? I for one am shocked he is even considering it..maybe I am missing something?

You're missing that it's nothing but empty Trump bloviating.  The president cannot "allow" a US citizen, private or public, to be interrogated by a foreign government.  He's president, not emperor.  The office does not have that power.

At best, he's trolling again.  And the congresscritters threatening "Do this, and we'll remove you from office" don't understand the law or their jobs, and should be replaced.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You're missing that it's nothing but empty Trump bloviating.  The president cannot "allow" a US citizen, private or public, to be interrogated by a foreign government.  He's president, not emperor.  The office does not have that power.

At best, he's trolling again.  And the congresscritters threatening "Do this, and we'll remove you from office" don't understand the law or their jobs, and should be replaced.

he could leave him tied up in a neutral location, or put him in a raft off the Bering Land Bridge and push him towards Russia.....

21 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

what does it gain him I guess was my question...should we not be nervous he did not just shut it down?

President Trump on Thursday said he looks forward to a second meeting with Russian President Vladi­mir Putin, even as details remained sketchy about what was accomplished during their summit in Helsinki three days ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-says-hes-looking-forward-to-second-summit-with-putin/2018/07/19/450a0424-8b59-11e8-8aea-86e88ae760d8_story.html?utm_term=.44dcef4678c8

?