Helsinki Summit

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is blisteringly ignorant:

The last administration bent over backwards to make sure Russia's primary ally, Iran, got nuclear weapons and the Mullahs remained in power. 

The last administration allowed Putin to carve out a sphere of influence in the Middle East in the absence of US forces. 

The last administration allowed Putin to take Crimea without offering resistance (other than siding with actual Nazis to foment the coup that led to the Russian move). 

The last administration allowed Iranian proxies to carve out human trafficking and narcotic networks inside CONUS, strengthening a Russian ally. 

The last administration allowed Russia to take control of a large portion of the US Uranium market. 

The last administration literally offered Putin a rest button and apologized for past US actions

The last administration did nothing to stop Russian meddling in the election despite being made aware of it

Wow... Where do you load up on all this bullsh_t, anyway?  - Breitbart?

First of all, Russia and Iran aren't besties just because they collaborate over Syria... Russia has far better friends than broke-ass Iran. -China for example...

Who needs a bunch of in-bred Mullahs when the world's #2 economy has your back? -I'd worry about THAT relationship before I worried about anything else.

And what this nonsense about Putin taking Crimea?  -How can you steal what was always yours to begin with?  Wtf was Obama supposed to do, anyway?

-Risk American lives protecting Ukranian douchebags from Russian douchebags?  "Ukraine" must be a Slavic word for "no good options" because there weren't any.

As for this "Sphere of influence" crap, -I'd encourage you go look at a  map... There's only two big kids on the entire Eurasian land mass.

If you're one of the many cornholistan-type countries in their midst, you'd better try to be friends with one or both.. -If not, you're either very naïve, or very stupid.

Last but not least,  It's not exactly true that Obama did nothing to stop Russian meddling. Once it was confirmed, he did reach out, and warn the Russkies to stop,

Nothing good would have come from blowing the roof off the entire election,  he might have been seen as meddling himself.

But whatever... -keep pushing your Anti-Obama Narrative in 2018! :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, westside said:

I think Trump should at least be as tough on russia as Obama was on Iran. Don't you remember all the libs outrage over Obama's actions against Iran? Yeah, me either!

F'n hypocrites!!!

Obama got inspectors into the country and nuclear bomb making material out of it. That's not bad at all

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

First of all, Russia and Iran aren't besties just because they collaborate over Syria... Russia has far better friends than broke-ass Iran. -China for example...

Who needs a bunch of in-bred Mullahs when the world's #2 economy has your back? -I'd worry about THAT relationship before I worried about anything else.

And what this nonsense about Putin taking Crimea?  -How can you steal what was always yours to begin with?  Wtf was Obama supposed to do, anyway?

-Risk American lives protecting Ukranian douchebags from Russian douchebags?  "Ukraine" must be a Slavic word for "no good options" because there weren't any.

As for this "Sphere of influence" crap, -I'd encourage you go look at a  map... There's only two big kids on the entire Eurasian land mass.

If you're one of the many cornholistan-type countries in their midst, you'd better try to be friends with one or both.. -If not, you're either very naïve, or very stupid.

Last but not least,  It's not exactly true that Obama did nothing to stop Russian meddling. Once it was confirmed, he did reach out, and warn the Russkies to stop,

Nothing good would have come from blowing the roof off the entire election,  he might have been seen as meddling himself.

The !@#$?  This isn't even right.  It's factually incorrect.

• Like (+1) 1

__

The Russians are talking! And it seems Trump isn't

Two days after President Trump’s summit with Russian President Vladi­mir Putin, Russian officials offered a string of assertions about what the two leaders had achieved.

“Important verbal agreements” were reached at the Helsinki meeting, Russia’s ambassador to the United States, Anatoly Antonov, told reporters in Moscow Wednesday, including preservation of the New Start and INF agreements, major bilateral arms control treaties whose futures have been in question. Antonov also said that Putin had made “specific and interesting proposals to Washington” on how the two countries could cooperate on Syria.

But officials at the most senior levels across the U.S. military, scrambling since Monday to determine what Trump may have agreed to on national security issues in Helsinki, had little to no information Wednesday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/as-russians-describe-verbal-agreements-at-summit-us-officials-scramble-for-clarity/2018/07/18/8bb1e96c-8aa7-11e8-a345-a1bf7847b375_story.html?utm_term=.895eadd7c7fe

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

Trump is AAA Pissed at the IC because many of the top !@#$s had it in for him and mounted a coup attempt at him. And that cabal includes operatives from the U.K., and their ancillaries as well as some in the EU. 

I’d be pizzed too. And I’d want to tan their hides. What we saw at the NATO summit and the EU meetings reflects that. Trump is royally pissed off at them and for very good reasons. 

Trump is such an evil guy for not selling his own country out like the rest of the cuckolded west nations. Why wouldn't you want to let in millions of low IQ, 3rd worlders that you immediately have to put on the public tit? Why wouldn't you want to completely change your demographic to one that statistically votes for big government that exchanges welfare goodies for votes? What an idiot that Trump.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Mhm. Tell us more about this. 

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The !@#$?  This isn't even right.  It's factually incorrect.

I figured at least two people would have a problem with this, but that's too bad.

This is a done deal... The Tartars ain't coming back... Much of the population identifies as Russians...

Ukraine has the misfortune of being geographically attached to the most powerful Slavic nation in the region. -They're literally Russia's b_tch.

Nothing anyone can do about it that wouldn't lead to war.

If this was posted, sorry. The last few pages of content was so "interesting" I couldn't read it all ....

Trump OK'd Rosenstein announcement of Russian indictments prior to summit: Report

The Justice Department’s indictment of 12 Russians for election interference just before President Trump met with Vladimir Putin drew condemnation from some conservatives who viewed the timing as suspicious, but it was Mr. Trump himself who approved when the charges would be announced, according to a media report Wednesday.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein met with Mr. Trump last week and offered him the choice of announcing the indictments before or after his Monday summit with Mr. Putin in Helsinki, according to a report by Bloomberg. Mr. Trump chose to announce the indictments ahead of the meeting because he thought it would give him strength negotiating with Mr. Putin, the story said.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, westside said:

Come on tibs, you know better than that 

No, he's right.  They shipped it out to the Russians, back when we weren't at war with the Russians and they weren't our number one geopolitical foe..  Two years ago.  :lol:

The Russians have since shipped it back, of course...  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

I figured at least two people would have a problem with this, but that's too bad.

This is a done deal... The Tartars ain't coming back... Much of the population identifies as Russians...

Ukraine has the misfortune of being geographically attached to the most powerful Slavic nation in the region. -They're literally Russia's b_tch.

Nothing anyone can do about it that wouldn't lead to war.

So "always" begins in...1920?  1865?  1783?

And what, then, about Poland?  Are we giving it back to Russia and Germany, which it has "always" been?  Particularly Prussia...which was never Polish and always German?  Should we just throw away the post-war treaties that established the current national boundaries?

And if not, then why should we throw away the 1997 Partition Treaty that recognized Crimea as Ukrainian?  

55 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Every single one of those are facts backed by all the mainstream sources. 

56 minutes ago, #34fan said:

First of all, Russia and Iran aren't besties just because they collaborate over Syria... Russia has far better friends than broke-ass Iran. -China for example..

Incorrect with every word. Russia and Iran have a long history of working together that goes beyond Syria. China and Russia are not allies by anything other than circumstance. They are rivals, and either one would happily slit the other's throat. 

59 minutes ago, #34fan said:

The last President went out of his way to please the Mullahs, so ask him. This is a nonsense answer by the way. 

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

He could have armed the Ukranians - like the "soft on Putin" Trump has. Or he could have chosen not to have backed Nazis and started a coup that forced Russia's hand.

This is a blisteringly ignorant response. 

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

You a functioning illiterate when it comes to the current geopolitical situation. Thank you for making this point crystal clear for everyone reading. 

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

"Knock it off". That's all he said to Putin. 

Considering people are calling for war in response to what Putin did, that was about as weak of a response as your attempt to deflect the facts I laid out. You're bad at this, 34. Might want to sit this one out until you brush up on the facts. 

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

This is the most accurate and factual post you've written all day. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

So "always" begins in...1920?  1865?  1783? 

When I said "you've always owned" it was a direct reference to Putin as a former KGB Lieutenant Colonel

"Always" meaning as long as Putin's been Alive, the Russkies have owned Ukraine lock stock and barrel.

1783, 1917. 1921, and yes. even after 1991... It's Russian turf...  Accept it already.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

And what, then, about Poland?  Are we giving it back to Russia and Germany, which it has "always" been?  Particularly Prussia...which was never Polish and always German?    

Have the troops hang out by the Vistula until Warsaw calls for help... Then have them hang out a little while longer. :)

-Just kidding.

75-100 million people died in a conflict touched-off by the invasion of Poland...  I'd bet the Russians figure that's more than enough for now.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Russia and Iran have a long history of working together that goes beyond Syria. China and Russia are not allies by anything other than circumstance. 

China is Russia's 2n'd biggest trade partner.... Iran isn't even in the top 10!  -China's been Johnny-on-the-spot defending

Russia against U.S. Sanctions... They share a robust arms trade with strengthening strategic ties within the region...  Stay off Breitbart for a few days...

-You might pick up an actual news story.

Edited by #34fan

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

When I said "you've always owned" it was a direct reference to Putin as a former KGB Lieutenant Colonel

"Always" meaning as long as Putin's been Alive, the Russkies have owned Ukraine lock stock and barrel.

1783, 1917. 1921, and yes. even after 1991... It's Russian turf...  Accept it already.

Have the troops hang out by the Vistula until Warsaw calls for help... Then have them hang out a little while longer. :)

-Just kidding.

75-100 million people died in a conflict touched-off by the invasion of Poland...  I'd bet the Russians figure that's more than enough for now.

China is Russia's 2n'd biggest trade partner.... Iran isn't even in the top 10!  -China's been Johnny-on-the-spot defending

Russia against U.S. Sanctions... They share a robust arms trade with strengthening strategic ties within the region...  Stay off Breitbart for a few days...

-You might pick up an actual news story.

fail much in this response, hmmm... yes there is.