President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

If someone made an unwelcome advance by whipping out their dick to me, and I felt as if I was violated in some manner by this supposed sexual deviant, I sure as hell wouldn't be taking a smiley group photo with the alleged perpetrator.

You'd be surprised at what assault victims do.  I know two that have had their pictures taken with their attackers later on.  It depends on how much self-esteem they possess, for the most part

I also know a victim of two separate gang rapes who thinks this whole thing is ridiculous - her view is that if you're groped and haven't decked the guy in response, you're at fault.  No self esteem issues there.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

To run as anything else would be a waste of his time.

As a Republican he couldn't even win a new Senate term in his own state. I agree with you that he's dead in the water as a Republican if he casts a no vote on Kavanaugh. He's sucking up to the left now. What's his motivation, an MSNBC spot or a Democrat run for President?

1 hour ago, Magox said:

He has no home on the right and I think hes going to look out for his next career whether that is to be an MSNBC token Republican or a moderate independent presidential candidate.  I believe he will make the calculation that there is more currency to vote with the left.

Someone will need to fill the media's 'conservative voice' attribution now that everyone finally sees the real Jennifer Rubin.

Meanwhile, what could go wrong here?

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Jeff Flake is the nerd in high school who the cool kids (dems) talk up and pretend to like in order to get them to do their homework, and then they give him a wedgie in front of Sally Reynolds who he has a crush on. 

He's a regular George McFly.

53 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Someone will need to fill the media's 'conservative voice' attribution now that everyone finally sees the real Jennifer Rubin.

Meanwhile, what could go wrong here?

If they can collect that information and do that sort of investigation to vet the accusations, they can not publish them and instead encourage the victims to report to law enforcement.

It would be a good "Let's help victims use the justice system" activity, instead of a "!@#$ laws, let's pursue vigilante justice" activity.

8 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

Who did you hear that coke was Trump's drug of choice from?

Some of my more rabid D friends tell me this.

I tell them if that's the case he won't be around too much longer and you get Pence.  Coke is a young person's drug.  I don't believe it.  Was just mocking them.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Some of my more rabid D friends tell me this.

I tell them if that's the case he won't be around too much longer and you get Pence.  Coke is a young person's drug.  I don't believe it.  Was just mocking them.

Image result for coca cola meme

THE WAR ON KAVANAUGH: The left and the double bind: setting a new standard for chutzpah.

The left’s attack on Kavanaugh involves the following, which I think sets a new standard for chutzpah: take a man with a sterling public record during his entire life, mount an attack on his integrity that involves an unsubstantiated, uncorroborated, impossible-to-defend-against charge of sexual attack (up to and including gang rape), and do it at the pinnacle of his career, unleashing a social media war against him of the most vicious kind, including death threats towards him and his family. Do that publicly while cloaking yourself in self-aggrandizing sanctity, and make him sit there and listen.

But that’s not the “chutzpah” part, although that does take some chutzpah. The real chutzpah part is this: if he acts at all angry in his response to being defamed in that way, say that his anger shows that he doesn’t have the temperament to be a justice, despite the fact that it is well-documented that he has shown an exemplary judicial temperament for his entire previous career as a judge.

And one more thing: if he hadn’t shown anger in response to these extreme charges against him and their public airing in the United States Senate, accuse him of lacking the appropriate outrage that would have been the sure mark of an innocent man. Does any fair-minded person doubt that would have been the outcome, had Kavanaugh not been angry?

“Chutzpah” is too light a word to describe that kind of ploy.

Read the whole thing.