President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Doesn't know if she took a polygraph on the day of her grandmother's funeral, or not.

Doesn't know if she paid for the polygraph.

In the grand scheme of things, these two events are uncommon occurrences for anyone in terms of frequency. One would think that if both happened on the same day it would be rather easy to recollect. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79

6 minutes ago, Magox said:

Flake, Murkowski and Collins will  very likely not vote for Kavanaugh unless he can put in a stellar performance, in which to be honest with you, I dont think he has it in him like Clarence Thomas.

I don't see that at all.  Ford provided nothing for any Republican to vote against Kavanaugh.  When Ford has "quite a few inconsistencies and very little if any corroborating evidence to support her case"  Kavanaugh should easily be confirmed.

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

Ford came off as credible even though there were quite a few inconsistencies and very little if any corroborating evidence to support her case.  But that most likely wont matter.  Flake, Murkowski and Collins will  very likely not vote for Kavanaugh unless he can put in a stellar performance, in which to be honest with you, I dont think he has it in him like Clarence Thomas.

That's unfortunate, because it appears performances are more important than actual evidence.

Not knowing who drove her home among other things like where or when begs to ask how intoxicated Mrs Ford was at the time of the alleged sexual misconduct IMO.

5 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

Agreed.  She raised enough doubt for any Republican to vote against Kavanaugh.  And that's what/all that matters.

1 minute ago, PearlHowardman said:

I don't see that at all.  Ford provided nothing for any Republican to vote against Kavanaugh.  When Ford has "quite a few inconsistencies and very little if any corroborating evidence to support her case"  Kavanaugh should easily be confirmed.

are these two post are direct odds with one another?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, PearlHowardman said:

I'm not arguing the merits rather how I believe they'll vote.  I think they will tell McConnell that they just can't vote for him at this time.  And he will have to shelve the vote in which Trump will pull the nomination. 

Unless Kavanaugh can put in the performance of his life.

Are the Dems going to outsource their questioning or will they own it? 

And will the Rs question Kavanaugh or let Mitchell do it? (I keep asking this: I honestly don't know but it will look bad if they wouldn't talk to Ford but will talk to Kavanaugh.)

8 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

Mitchell raised enough doubt about Ford's claim that it would make it impossible for any Republican to vote against Kavanaugh.

Unless they want more information. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

8 minutes ago, Magox said:

I'm not arguing the merits rather how I believe they'll vote.  I think they will tell McConnell that they just can't vote for him at this time.  And he will have to shelve the vote in which Trump will pull the nomination. 

Unless Kavanaugh can put in the performance of his life.

I fear this is accurate. It's pretty clear that there is literally NO corroboration. All her details are questionable. The Dems used her like a pawn. They got the show they wanted, because all Ford had to do was sound like someone you would sympathize with...and she apparently did that.

The facts won't matter here. The perception will.

5 minutes ago, Magox said:

I think they will tell McConnell that they just can't vote for him at this time.  And he will have to shelve the vote in which Trump will pull the nomination.

Mitch McConnell is shrewd.  He'll just tell Flake, Murkowski, and Collins that they'll have to publicly state why they oppose Kavanaugh.  And it won't go over with the voting public.  

Your words:  "...quite a few inconsistencies and very little if any corroborating evidence to support her case..."  You are 100% correct.

No way any Republican can vote against Kavanaugh.  Not after today.  The upcoming testimony of Kavanaugh is irrelevant.  

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You should try renting your insecurity before owning your bias. 

It has nothing to do with insecurity. I'm very comfortable with my own abilities and limitations.

I personally admire and respect those who overcome adversity and bust their a*s to achieve greatness. I'm not a fan of those born on third base who score on a passed ball and act like they hit a home run.

Not quite sure why that's controversial or noteworthy.

12 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

What a clueless !@#$......nonsense like this only helps the right.

But that's the position of the left in America. They have no need or respect for the military in any capacity. It's how they're able to so easily lie about what caused the deaths in Benghazi just as they are happy to say Peter Strzok should get a purple heart.