Legalized!@!!@@@!@@°°°•°°°°°!!!!

BUFFALOKIE

9 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

From title I assume you already have been partaking for a while.

Feds still rule my business, so, no I cannot partake. But to those who now can, I salute you!!!!

21 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Feds still rule my business, so, no I cannot partake. But to those who now can, I salute you!!!!

Yeah same here... But with all the states changing and the FDA just approving the medical marijuana drug... Fed will change, eventually.  How can they not?

I am all for legalization... But, it doesn't bode well for lowering our standards as a society.  Everybody wants a crutch, be it through all kinds of substances.  So be it. Let them have their candy.

The bar is definitely getting lower and lower.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah same here... But with all the states changing and the FDA just approving the medical marijuana drug... Fed will change, eventually.  How can they not?

I am all for legalization... But, it doesn't bode well for lowering our standards as a society.  Everybody wants a crutch, be it through all kinds of substances.  So be it. Let them have their candy.

Think of life as the limbo rather than the high jump.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Think of life as the limbo rather than the high jump.

Nice.  Unfortunately we are in a low bar society.  The job is to function as best as possible surrounded by the "low bars." But, I'd rather prefer everybody doing the high jump. Every arrow feels the attraction to earth, leaving not much room for error.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow — 'If you would hit the mark, you must aim a little above it; Every arrow that flies feels the attraction of earth."

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Nice.  Unfortunately we are in a low bar society.  The job is to function as best as possible surrounded by the "low bars." But, I'd rather prefer everybody doing the high jump. Every arrow feels the attraction to earth, leaving not much room for error.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow — 'If you would hit the mark, you must aim a little above it; Every arrow that flies feels the attraction of earth."

Longfellow died penniless.

Edited by Cripple Creek
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Here's the long version:

The gravity of Earth, which is denoted by g, refers to the acceleration that is imparted to objects due to the distribution of mass within Earth. In SI units this acceleration is measured in metres per second squared (in symbols, m/s2 or m·s−2) or equivalently in newtons per kilogram (N/kg or N·kg−1). Near Earth's surface, gravitational acceleration is approximately 9.8 m/s2, which means that, ignoring the effects of air resistance, the speed of an object falling freely will increase by about 9.8 metres per second every second. This quantity is sometimes referred to informally as little g (in contrast, the gravitational constant G is referred to as big G).

The precise strength of Earth's gravity varies depending on location. The nominal "average" value at Earth's surface, known as standard gravity is, by definition, 9.80665 m/s2.[2] This quantity is denoted variously as gn, ge (though this sometimes means the normal equatorial value on Earth, 9.78033 m/s2), g0, gee, or simply g (which is also used for the variable local value). The weight of an object on Earth's surface is the downwards force on that object, given by Newton's second law of motion, or F = ma (force = mass × acceleration). Gravitational acceleration contributes to the total acceleration, but other factors, such as the rotation of Earth, also contribute, and, therefore, affect the weight of the object.

• Like (+1) 1

If life is a limbo... It's gonna be so easy to step over the bar while all the degenerates are trying to go lower...

...Not against the whole weed thing... But who are we kidding thinking the hoi polloi can handle the responsibility.  Look @ the crutch alcohol is with many, the other drugs to escape. The "easy answer."

If you are gonna escape... At least elevate the mind.  Yet, we seek sports, weed, alcohol & other drugs, Hollywood and attempt to "limbo."

At least we don't have far to fall...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah because the prescriptions that legalized MJ is replacing were sooooooo good at keeping that bar high.  Or, in some cases, ailments that weren't even treatable with "legal" drugs. 

Edited by Mark80

12 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I guess that I will be the wet blanket to some degree.  If it is like New York I would expect once recreational pot is legal it will be subject to rules just like alcohol and tobacco.  There are a fair amount of public places you can not consume alcohol or tobacco and those same areas will no doubt be off limits for pot.  Also, I would expect the cost not to change much or even increase when the state levies a tax on it.  The black market is not going to go away especially if the tax is on the hefty side at 25-30 percent or more.  For people expecting to make a fortune on the production side they will get to know the pitfalls of commodity production with the added twist of competing with the black market.  For most people using pot I doubt they will see a significant difference in their lifestyle in terms of buying or using.

16 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I guess that I will be the wet blanket to some degree.  If it is like New York I would expect once recreational pot is legal it will be subject to rules just like alcohol and tobacco.  There are a fair amount of public places you can not consume alcohol or tobacco and those same areas will no doubt be off limits for pot.  Also, I would expect the cost not to change much or even increase when the state levies a tax on it.  The black market is not going to go away especially if the tax is on the hefty side at 25-30 percent or more.  For people expecting to make a fortune on the production side they will get to know the pitfalls of commodity production with the added twist of competing with the black market.  For most people using pot I doubt they will see a significant difference in their lifestyle in terms of buying or using.

Alcohol consumption is technically banned in all public places I believe without a permit.

Cost is significantly cheaper where it is legalized.  An ounce of pretty good stuff runs around $300/320 here.  An ounce of the BEST stuff in a legal shop state is less than $250 typically.  Black market being cheaper still.

Edited by Mark80

31 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Yeah because the prescriptions that legalized MJ is replacing were sooooooo good at keeping that bar high.  Or, in some cases, ailments that weren't even treatable with "legal" drugs. 

Yeah... Don't get me wrong, the Rx Mary Jane is a good thing and lifts the bar... For the ones who really benefit from it.

But nowadays, everybody has an ailment, an identity, is a victim.  You ain't trying if you don't have one. They all need a crutch.  How do we sift thru this hubris?

16 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... Don't get me wrong, the Rx Mary Jane is a good thing and lifts the bar... For the ones who really benefit from it.

But nowadays, everybody has an ailment, an identity, is a victim.  You ain't trying if you don't have one. They all need a crutch.  How do we sift thru this hubris?

Take out the hubris my making it 100% legal.  Done.  Take a lot of the money (not all of course) out of the criminal aspect of it and tax it, using those taxes for education on it and/or treatment/policing of the real narcotics with real consequences.  You can also save significant dollars in trying to police it, in paying for incarcerating people, and the long term impact of those people trying to rejoin society after they are released when they can't find a job because they were in prison for a weed related charge and now have to turn to crime to survive.  To me, that raises the bar of the society as a whole.  Most studies suggest that usage is actually not significantly increasing in legalized states and the parts where it is, it is in the people that may just use a handful of times a year, so there is really no effect on them at all.  Especially after you take the initial "newness" out of it.  People who use are gonna use, for the most part, whether its legal or not. 

Edited by Mark80